No announcement yet.

Black and Yellow Scrimmage scouting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A request from a current out-of-towner. Because we have so may new players, could we please put a hold on all the initials crap this season. SHJ and MM are okay, they're familiar, but when I an forced to spend time in posts trying to figure out who people are by their unfamiliar initials, I just give up and move on. I would like to read what people say who are at the games and seeing things with their own eyes but if I can't get through the gobledeegook I don't waste my time. And yes, get off my lawn!

Comment

I'm not going to be quite so quick to write off Erik Stevenson (for you Mr Axe!). The kid has a nice stroke and his last 3 was in and out. Looked to me like he got snake bit because they weren't falling and I'm not sure he put up a shot in the second half but i could be wrong. One thing is for sure is that he has a great attitude and appears to have good work ethic. My gut feeling is he'll work even harder to prove himself.

Comment

Well, there will be 3 that don't play much

Comment

I don't know why everybody is saying Torres wasn't out there - he was. He's just so small you couldn't see him.

And for anybody in this thread sleeping on Jamie E. - A.K.A. - Mr. Stretch lol... don't.

Too much defense was played for a pretty exhibition game. I suspect that coach (glaring from the sidelines) isn't going to allow anything pretty, even for Shocker Madness.

Play Angry will be back.

P.S. How are a bunch of barely 6 ft. whiteboy walkons from surrounding schools dunking the ball with such ease? New technology? It sure wasn't that easy for me back in the day. :/

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Wuzee
          Wuzee commented
          Editing a comment
          You keep running smack at Ricky's size, but is it possible that you watched a pickup game with 5'11" 165 lb. Eli Farrakhan running point instead of 6'2" 189 lb. Ricky Torres? Eli had only just been announced as an addition to the team at the time you posted your report.

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh no. I know Ricky's appearance well. I was his biggest fan from the beginning until I saw him in person. CB likes manly bodies. Ricky's is missing that key ingredient you cannot teach. He really looks smaller than FVV to me. My perception might have been skewed a bit though due to his lack of thickness. Theoretically he could be an inch taller than Fred but he just flat out looks small on the court playing with the team. Eric looks like a giant in comparison and Erik isn't that big at all. I really wish it weren't so. I hate giving good people bad news.

T

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          https://goshockers.com/images/2018/7....jpg?width=300https://goshockers.com/images/2018/7....jpg?width=300

I guess I should never say never. There is a slight possibility I was confused but I was familiar with Ricky's face at that point. The tremendous lack of size though was startling and makes me want to believe your theory mainly for the fact that NO WAY in hell the PG I was watching was near 190lbs.

T

Originally posted by Sam Axe View Post
        A request from a current out-of-towner. Because we have so may new players, could we please put a hold on all the initials crap this season. SHJ and MM are okay, they're familiar, but when I an forced to spend time in posts trying to figure out who people are by their unfamiliar initials, I just give up and move on. I would like to read what people say who are at the games and seeing things with their own eyes but if I can't get through the gobledeegook I don't waste my time. And yes, get off my lawn!
        I really felt like DN was the far and away biggest baller out there.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          I don't know why everybody is saying Torres wasn't out there - he was. He's just so small you couldn't see him.

And for anybody in this thread sleeping on Jamie E. - A.K.A. - Mr. Stretch lol... don't.

Too much defense was played for a pretty exhibition game. I suspect that coach (glaring from the sidelines) isn't going to allow anything pretty, even for Shocker Madness.

Play Angry will be back.

P.S. How are a bunch of barely 6 ft. whiteboy walkons from surrounding schools dunking the ball with such ease? New technology? It sure wasn't that easy for me back in the day. :/

T

Torres was in the building but did not participate in the basketball scrimmage.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I really felt like DN was the far and away biggest baller out there.
            Deez N*tz?

Comment

No question it is way WAY too early and that there will be pretty fierce competition for EVERY position.
              If Allen qualifies even MM doesn't have a starting position locked up. At this point I think 13-14 players
              have valid chances of being in a 10-11 man rotation. There won't BE a 9 man rotation until at least
              February, if then.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                If I was totally unfamiliar (instead of just 75% unfamiliar) with the lineups, I'd say Miitgard had a better outing than McDuffie, based on these stats. I HOPE it's just preseason wrinkles.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                  SHJ is so quick with the ball. It’s like Tyreek with the Chiefs; I’d either of them get a step on you, it’s over.

It’s all down to mindset for SHJ.
                  He is quick, but he is also a blocked shot waiting to happen when he goes to the rack.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

He is quick, but he is also a blocked shot waiting to happen when he goes to the rack.
                    True last year. He didn’t attack the rim in our only public scrimmage. He took 3 point shots, stopped and shot from mid range and passed once or twice. Anyone that 6’ will get shots blocked at the rim (even Fred). The question is whether he is more effective this year than last when he penetrates past the first wave of defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

True last year. He didn’t attack the rim in our only public scrimmage. He took 3 point shots, stopped and shot from mid range and passed once or twice. Anyone that 6’ will get shots blocked at the rim (even Fred). The question is whether he is more effective this year than last when he penetrates past the first wave of defense.
                      He will be more effective this year when driving. Being less effective is simply not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He will be lights out against Rice and Jacksonville State.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

He will be more effective this year when driving. Being less effective is simply not possible.
                          My point was that he and GM (Asst. Coaches too) noticed his lack of effectiveness (to penetrate) last year just like you and I, and have been working on a strategy to make it better. Let’s all give them a chance to see if their strategy works and he improves.

Comment

Until I see differently, SHJ is still a shooting guard in a point guard body.

Comment

Working...
                            X