Teddy Allen - Man or Boy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    I think that if players have to sit out a year, head coaches should have to sit out a year before switching jobs.
    ...and if fans don't show up for games but do the next year when they get a new "name" coach...fans should be banned from going to games for 1 whole season. Looking at you Memphis. Lol
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• What kind of a message would it send to Teddy Allen at this point if he got the exemption and then was asked not to play? With how supportive he is being of his teammates, I think expecting him to sit could be like setting off an atomic bomb on team chemistry.

Plus, if he is suited up and wants to play, is Marshall really going to able to resist putting him in to play?

Comment

• ShockerPrez
        ShockerPrez commented
        Editing a comment
        Makes no sense. If GM wanted him to redshirt, why work so hard to get the waiver at all?

• I'm guessing we won't hear anything until next week at the earliest. I had hoped that something would come down yesterday, but do any of us really think NCAA folks are working this week? Please. This is not a pressing issue to them in the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post
        What kind of a message would it send to Teddy Allen at this point if he got the exemption and then was asked not to play? With how supportive he is being of his teammates, I think expecting him to sit could be like setting off an atomic bomb on team chemistry.

Plus, if he is suited up and wants to play, is Marshall really going to able to resist putting him in to play?
        No one besides a few random people on the internet think it's a good idea to redshirt him. He will not redshirt if he gets the waiver

Comment

• Me thinks the Huggy Bear needs a few more losses to the Wichita St. program to ensure a non at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament in March before signing off on releasing the Teddy Bear. And hear I thought he wasnt a friend of Roy Williams, Bill Self or Addias.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• First off Bob Huggins doesn’t have the power to denie a player a hardship. It’s 100% up to the ncaa. Second Bob Huggins would be well within his rights to be upset with Ted. The kid was 100% a major problem. And that’s why Ted left. Nothing else. So if a beef with a coach wanting you to play within a system forces someone to go off the rails on the whole team. Forcing the coach to ask you to move on ok. You get a wavier for that? I’ll be shocked if Marahall gets through to this kid. But again, this is on the ncaa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamond Man View Post
              First off Bob Huggins doesn’t have the power to denie a player a hardship. It’s 100% up to the ncaa. Second Bob Huggins would be well within his rights to be upset with Ted. The kid was 100% a major problem. And that’s why Ted left. Nothing else. So if a beef with a coach wanting you to play within a system forces someone to go off the rails on the whole team. Forcing the coach to ask you to move on ok. You get a wavier for that? I’ll be shocked if Marahall gets through to this kid. But again, this is on the ncaa.
              Great first post! Welcome to the board.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Quality first post bro.

Paging Mr Fever, Mr Shockerfever, please pick up the closest white courtesy phone.

Comment

• Just interested in how a coach can denie a wavior. The NCAA is awful towards the players. Blame them.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                    Stickboy46 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's literally one of the four criteria they consider. They ask the previous school if they have any objections

First off Bob Huggins doesn’t have the power to denie a player a hardship. It’s 100% up to the ncaa. Second Bob Huggins would be well within his rights to be upset with Ted. The kid was 100% a major problem. And that’s why Ted left. Nothing else. So if a beef with a coach wanting you to play within a system forces someone to go off the rails on the whole team. Forcing the coach to ask you to move on ok. You get a wavier for that? I’ll be shocked if Marahall gets through to this kid. But again, this is on the ncaa.
                  You sir are an idiot. Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond Man View Post
                    Just interested in how a coach can denie a wavior. The NCAA is awful towards the players. Blame them.
                    It's DENY. The word is DENY. There is no -ie except when plural.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Just interested in how a coach can denie a wavior. The NCAA is awful towards the players. Blame them.
                      NCAA Criteria for Waiver

1. Documented circumstances outside the athlete's control impacting his health or well-being,
                      2. Good standing athletically and academically
                      3. Progress toward a degree at new school
                      4. Previous schools AD does not oppose the request

Comment

Well what's clear to me is that you do not know anything about relapse for kids that have been determined "child in need of care " There lives are more complicated. These types of kids don't grow up with Mom and Dad, a nice house, a two car garage, and a safe neighborhood. Teddy got into Boys Town because some court system in Arizona said he was in danger due to his conditions. He thrived in Boys Town and did not at West Virgina. The fact that Huggins may be upset is inmaterial to this matter. Obviously Teddy''s emotional well being requires something more than simply following the team basketball rules. Perhaps the lack of support services or system contributed to the problems.

In either event the kid deserve another chance with more support services he can receive with his adopted family (boys town) closer to him. Teddy did not commit a crime and all he wants to do is transfer to a school and environment that he feels he can thrive. In addition, I am not saying Huggins is bad either, but it's clear their relationship did not work. Give this kid a break. If other students can receive a waiver than it would seem he qualifies too.

Comment

• So you all know Bob Huggins denied the wavior how? I mean my understanding is you typically need a valid reason. Like to be closer to a sick family member. Unless I missed something Ted isn’t from Wichita Kansas is he? I doubt Huggins would stop Ted. But I can also see how I’d the ncaa looked into this, they would find that Ted wasn’t in good standing. As that’s why he was asked to leave. Certainly everyone hopes Ted can get a fresh start.

Comment

So you all know Bob Huggins denied the wavior how? I mean my understanding is you typically need a valid reason. Like to be closer to a sick family member. Unless I missed something Ted isn’t from Wichita Kansas is he? I doubt Huggins would stop Ted. But I can also see how I’d the ncaa looked into this, they would find that Ted wasn’t in good standing. As that’s why he was asked to leave. Certainly everyone hopes Ted can get a fresh start.

Comment

Working...
                            X