• Show
Clear All

• Deadline is today correct?

Comment

• shocks02
      shocks02 commented
      Editing a comment
      Monday.

• I too was very moved by the article written on Teddy. I too want to see him succeed, regardless where he is playing the game he loves. That being said, I am not for allowing kids to just transfer because they can’t handle the situation they have committed to. I am not for coaches luring kids away from programs just because they want to win championships. However I am for helping a kid that has a history of mental health problems and has fought hard to overcome those issues or control the mental health issues he has. So why on earth is the NCAA who have said in the past “It’s all about the kids?” Even questioning this case, it is right there in black and white. Even if WVU is not happy with the transfer, it is all about the young man’s mental health and growth. This kid needs a support system behind him, and he needs to feel comfortable with that support system. I for one think with all of the bad that we hear in the world about mental illness and where it can take a person in life (dark, dark places) Teddy and all kids in these situations need to be helped. I want the NCAA to do what is right. Not just for Teddy, but all the kids in the NCAA that are dealing with mental wellness. Let’s help make this a success story for all of them. I for one do not want to see Teddy years later in the news accused of or doing something bad that could have been prevented early on in his young life. #FREE TEDDY

Comment

• Teddy would really move the needle on this year’s team! Having him as the starting 3 next to Echenique, McDuffie, Haynes-Jones, and one of our talented freshman guards would be huge! The second string PF seems to be the biggest weakness on this team right now. Teddy shores that up too!
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Great article. I hope he gets to play this year. Both he and Coach deserve that. Teddy--for what he has been through and what he needs, and Marshall--for his commitment this young man and his well being, outside of BB.

Comment

• Fantastic perspective from that young man and what a well written article. Very open and true. Made me get a little glassy-eyed. Here's to hoping and praying Teddy gets the waiver and continues his journey of becoming a leader of men. God Bless you Teddy!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Refresh my memory. To lazy to scroll back. What class will he be when he plays?

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            Teddy would really move the needle on this year’s team! Having him as the starting 3 next to Echenique, McDuffie, Haynes-Jones, and one of our talented freshman guards would be huge! The second string PF seems to be the biggest weakness on this team right now. Teddy shores that up too!
            No backup is a pure power forward? Udeze and Chandler C/PF...Brown and Moore SF/PF.

Comment

• pinstripers
              pinstripers commented
              Editing a comment
              Brown might be an undersized PF. Poo doesn't see the floor and Udeze is a 5

• wufan
              wufan commented
              Editing a comment
              What pinstripers said. McDuffie plays a ton of minutes all at the 4. They’ve been playing Dennis there as a back-up over Brown. Teddy would be a much better back-up 4 than Dennis.

Udeze is absolutely not a 4. Pooh Bear and Moore (only a SF) don’t play.

• Syracuse to Vandy player Mathew Moyer declared eligible.

"We don’t know on what grounds the NCAA granted the waiver, but the association has gotten very lax with these in the past year for reasons that aren’t entirely clear. Anyway, Moyer will be eligible to play tomorrow night against Alcorn State. The waiver also prevents him from losing a year of eligibility: because he had previously used a redshirt year while at Syracuse, sitting out this season would have left him with only two years to play at Vanderbilt. Instead, he’ll have all but two games of this season — and Vanderbilt went 2-0 without him anyway."

A P5 team needed a body (they only had 9 scholarship players, plus a planned redshirt) so we said ok.

I haven't dug too deep, but if that description is correct, ie no real reason, then Teddy must be granted the hardship. Now.

Comment

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              Here was the young man's announcement on twitter a few months ago:

The past 2 years at Syracuse University has been an amazing journey.Thank you to the coaching staff for the opportunity and my teammates! Also the fans have been incredible. My family and I feel it is in my best interest to move on and explore other opportunities. #GodsPlan pic.twitter.com/E7YFvNR2VP

• Perhaps the NCAA is now looking for Divine intervention when making their decisions?

Comment

• Those pusillanimous pricks at the NCAA think they ARE the divine intervention.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                ShockTalk commented
                Editing a comment
                There I go again, having to look up a word and I'm on a fan board. Geeezzz.

• If Teddy gets denied... It truly is a tragedy

Comment

• XManCometh
                XManCometh commented
                Editing a comment
                Not having Teddy this year is better for WSU in the long run, but for Teddy's mental state I really hope he's cleared. Guy needs basketball.

• DeSouza will be cleared before Teddy cause all he did was take $80,000. Its simple.

Comment

• XManCometh
                XManCometh commented
                Editing a comment
                DeSousa will never play another second in the NCAA. He'll ship off to the Ukraine in late January for pro ball and KU and the NCAA will pretend he never existed.

• When is the investigation going to begin, anyway?

Comment

• I want him this year. We are one Teddy Allen away from actually being pretty good. A lot of these games we play are so close that you can’t tell me Allen wouldn’t be the difference maker for us

Comment

• Teddy would give us someone that could actually create decent shots at the end of the clock.
                  The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Or give you an open 3 on a kick out.
                Working...
                X