• Show
Clear All

Another auto-correct victim, I’m sure.

Comment

• shock
      shock commented
      Editing a comment
      Greg Marshall will take care of it

"I think fans can look forward to someone who is going to play the Shocker way," Allen said. "I'm ready to play angry, and I'm ready to play hard. I've got a lot of passion for this game, and I'm just a dog. I'm going to get after it and hopefully fill it up."
    Teddy Buckets already playing to the crowd...

...and he's planning on becoming a role model for others. :encouragement:

T

...:cool:

Comment

• asiseeit
      asiseeit commented
      Editing a comment
      talk is cheap. as i said before, jury is out until 01/20

I'm looking forward to the next few years when we've got all these dudes with some swagger taking the court and ruffing some teams up.

It's going to be a bunch of the "good guys" versus the "bad guys," and we're going to do our best to make sure the good guys don't win.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Let's not get too far out of line with this bad guy stuff. Swagger is great and if players and teams want to play rough house with us, we should return the favor in spades.

But our initiating roughing opposing players and teams up, and playing dirty BB, is not something I would expect Wichita State University to support. At least I hope not.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        n/m

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. We don't want to turn into Illinois State. I think what most posters mean by swagger is a quiet confience that is show by your play and not your talk. Guys who won't back down to anyone and are tough and hard-nosed but not dirty. In other words guys like Ron and Fred.

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly 1972. Not guys that have one foot out the door and play like it.

Maybe he just wants to play for a guy who wears a suit and not a pullover.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

We WERE soft. How many AAC teams would you have taken money that our guys would have beaten in a street fight? Who on last year's team would have stood a chance against Tekele Cotton, Fred Van Vleet, Evan Wessel or Jamar Howard in a scrap? I'm not talking about recruiting "thugs," to use a loaded term, but we need some motherf***ers that when the shi* goes down they are fired up rather than looking for a ref or coach to bail them out. Houston pushed us around like we were fu***ing Drake last year. I'd rather have a few kids wear their emotions on their sleeves and if it goes too far and they have to come back and apologize sometimes, that's OK. Shed some blood, sweat and tears. Actually enjoy winning and absolutely hate losing. Show some f***ing heart out there.

That was more of a rant, than I intended, but that was our season last year in a nutshell. A bunch of p***ies that couldn't beat anyone we didn't overwhelm with talent or 3 pointers.
        ​​​
        I'm not saying we were soft, but we were soft.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          One of THE softest teams in the Marshall era. I tried to explain that to the apes over on the AAC board but they wouldn't accept it. They said we were being taught a lesson in a "real" conference. L M F A O!

T

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
        Maybe he just wants to play for a guy who wears a suit and not a pullover.
        pullover-no-its-a-cardigan-but-thanks-for-noticing-pullover-11473756.png
        Last edited by WstateU; May 11, 2018, 10:24 AM.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Actually I heard that Buckets was stealing the show a bit too much from WVU's higher touted players and getting a big head. Thug wanted to teach him a little humility so he cut his minutes way back and then sat him for a few games. Some say he took the "lesson" well, some say he didn't. Regardless, it all went downhill from there.

It was also said that WVU would have beaten K|Uck-City and Texas Tech had Teddy been given normal minutes. Apparently T-Bucket just wants to be given the ball and then allowed to take over the game. I don't have a problem with that as long as we win and he plays D.

T

Comment

Every time I see some conspiracy theory that essentially implies some coach cut of the nose to spite the face, I roll my eyes so hard they touch brain.

Teddy was benched because he didn't play D; the same reason he'll be benched here if he doesn't play D. He's got a year to learn.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
              Every time I see some conspiracy theory that essentially implies some coach cut of the nose to spite the face, I roll my eyes so hard they touch brain.

Teddy was benched because he didn't play D; the same reason he'll be benched here if he doesn't play D. He's got a year to learn.

Huggs said in the pregame that Allen not going to play until he understands it’s a team game not an individual game. And he will not play until he gets it!
              Like I said... Buckets likes to take over the show and on a team with other NBA hopefuls... that ain't gonna fly. We don't have the prima donna issue that a Big12 team has... unless Teddy is the prima donna. I hope not.

The more I learn about Teddy, the more I like him. My early evaluation was knee-jerk. Since we signed him I was forced to drill down into Teddy's past. Buckets could be very good for us - he's certainly going to like our crowd.

T

Comment

Any news on his eligibility for this upcoming season?

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                  Any news on his eligibility for this upcoming season?
                  Considering his bio on goshockers has a quote from Marshall saying he'll be a practice player and will contribute to games in the '19-'20 season, I think we have our answer.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• SB Shock
                    SB Shock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank for the heads up on the quotes. They are actually informative (like u just pointed out).

• Stickboy46
                    Stickboy46 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well he’s not eligible until he’s eligible .. so Marshall is just stating what the current plan is.

The article on the scrimmages states that Teddy will redshirt...
                  Wichita State is no longer calling it Shocker Madness, holding it at night, and hosting three-point and dunk contests. The basketball teams will still have an open scrimmage at Koch Arena on Saturday, October 6, 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Fever View Post
                    The article on the scrimmages states that Teddy will redshirt...
                    I would predict he won’t be eligible. However, I doubt the NCAA has officially made a decision on the WSU request to make him eligible this year. Reporters like Taylor Eldridge or Paul Suellentrop may report and explain his true status. GoShockers isn’t going to go into detail and in depth explain their pending request and rationale for Teddy being eligible.

Comment

Teddy is ineligible until the NCAA says he in eligible or until next year happens. I'm not surprised that all the "official" reports say he will not play this year.

If things change, then they change. Unless things change, Teddy's a practice player for a year.

Gee, just like all the "official" reports are saying.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                      X