Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamond Man
    replied
    I never said anything bad. I hope it gets worked out. I just told you this is on the NCAA.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerPrez
    commented on 's reply
    There may be no problem at all. We'll see how it shakes out. But if WV or Huggins asked Ted to leave then objected to his waiver and the NCAA denied it based on WVs objection, thats kinda douchey on WVs part.

For all I know, WV is doing no such thing and the NCAA had a deadline and WV was basically letting the time to contest it run out.

It'll all be known in due time.

• California Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by bleednblackngold View Post

You sir are an idiot. Enough said.
    Why is he an idiot? Just because he has an opinion like everyone else? Not like anybody really know the NCAA waiver process. We love our Shockers, we are biased for our guys.

Leave a comment:

• Shocker Mama
    replied
    I like diamonds as well as the next gal, but....

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    commented on 's reply
    Honest question, did you read the article in the athletic about Teddy?

• Shock Top
    replied
    Originally posted by Diamond Man View Post
    I’m just trying to understand the problem. Or you can lash out.
    Diamonds may be forever, but your time on SN won’t be.

Leave a comment:

• Diamond Man
    replied
    I’m just trying to understand the problem. Or you can lash out.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    So you all know Bob Huggins denied the wavior how? I mean my understanding is you typically need a valid reason. Like to be closer to a sick family member. Unless I missed something Ted isn’t from Wichita Kansas is he? I doubt Huggins would stop Ted. But I can also see how I’d the ncaa looked into this, they would find that Ted wasn’t in good standing. As that’s why he was asked to leave. Certainly everyone hopes Ted can get a fresh start.
    blood-diamond-leonardo-dicaprio-hairstyles.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Diamond Man
    replied
    I’m well aware of the fact Ted comes from an awful situation. I know they did all they could. Some of this was on Ted. You can’t do the things I’ve been told happened and not expect punishment. This didn’t go over well. Like many strikes. Huggins beint over backwards. Huggins is a tough coach. But not anymore or less than Gregg Marshall. Maybe Gregg Marshall will get through to Ted. Let’s hope so. But I doubt like Huggins, Gregg Marshall would just let Ted lash out the way he did at WVU.

Leave a comment:

• AndShock
    replied
    So you all know Bob Huggins denied the wavior how? I mean my understanding is you typically need a valid reason. Like to be closer to a sick family member. Unless I missed something Ted isn’t from Wichita Kansas is he? I doubt Huggins would stop Ted. But I can also see how I’d the ncaa looked into this, they would find that Ted wasn’t in good standing. As that’s why he was asked to leave. Certainly everyone hopes Ted can get a fresh start.

Leave a comment:

• Diamond Man
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    replied
    First off Bob Huggins doesn’t have the power to denie a player a hardship. It’s 100% up to the ncaa. Second Bob Huggins would be well within his rights to be upset with Ted. The kid was 100% a major problem. And that’s why Ted left. Nothing else. So if a beef with a coach wanting you to play within a system forces someone to go off the rails on the whole team. Forcing the coach to ask you to move on ok. You get a wavier for that? I’ll be shocked if Marahall gets through to this kid. But again, this is on the ncaa.
    Well what's clear to me is that you do not know anything about relapse for kids that have been determined "child in need of care " There lives are more complicated. These types of kids don't grow up with Mom and Dad, a nice house, a two car garage, and a safe neighborhood. Teddy got into Boys Town because some court system in Arizona said he was in danger due to his conditions. He thrived in Boys Town and did not at West Virgina. The fact that Huggins may be upset is inmaterial to this matter. Obviously Teddy''s emotional well being requires something more than simply following the team basketball rules. Perhaps the lack of support services or system contributed to the problems.

In either event the kid deserve another chance with more support services he can receive with his adopted family (boys town) closer to him. Teddy did not commit a crime and all he wants to do is transfer to a school and environment that he feels he can thrive. In addition, I am not saying Huggins is bad either, but it's clear their relationship did not work. Give this kid a break. If other students can receive a waiver than it would seem he qualifies too.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Just interested in how a coach can denie a wavior. The NCAA is awful towards the players. Blame them.
    NCAA Criteria for Waiver

1. Documented circumstances outside the athlete's control impacting his health or well-being,
    2. Good standing athletically and academically
    3. Progress toward a degree at new school
    4. Previous schools AD does not oppose the request

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    First off Bob Huggins doesn’t have the power to denie a player a hardship. It’s 100% up to the ncaa. Second Bob Huggins would be well within his rights to be upset with Ted. The kid was 100% a major problem. And that’s why Ted left. Nothing else. So if a beef with a coach wanting you to play within a system forces someone to go off the rails on the whole team. Forcing the coach to ask you to move on ok. You get a wavier for that? I’ll be shocked if Marahall gets through to this kid. But again, this is on the ncaa.
    Just interested in how a coach can denie a wavior. The NCAA is awful towards the players. Blame them.
    It's DENY. The word is DENY. There is no -ie except when plural.

Leave a comment:

• bleednblackngold
    replied
    You sir are an idiot. Enough said.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X