Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocktoberfest
    commented on 's reply
    Totally agree. This thread is wearing me out. One big tease.

• pinstripers
    commented on 's reply
    .......and likely on the Dean's list by January.............

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Carlton Bragg's waiver to play now at New Mexico was denied today.

From what I can tell, he'll be eligible in December anyway.

Leave a comment:

• ShoxRoxMySox
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not surprised to hear this. But if a coach goes out of his way to block a student from getting a waiver while they transfer out of conference, rather than let the NCAA bums flip a coin or whatever they do, that just confirms, IMO, the student athlete absolutely did the right thing leaving a petty coach.

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    Unless he just wants to be an a$$hole...

• Stickboy46
    commented on 's reply
    I have no idea why Huggins would want to block Teddy, we aren't an opponent of WVU.

• SB Shock
    replied
    Missouri just got waiver approved for a guy who transferred from Illinois because his coach was yelling at him.

it does sound like that one of the factors is how the school the player is transferring from responds. In the case of the Minnesota case, Pittsburgh was doing their best to block it. Evansville is blocking it in another case, and I would expect Huggins to block Teddy.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    commented on 's reply
    Here is the article reporting the denial of the waiver:

Minnesota has already filed an appeal.

Pitino said the U’s compliance department took care of its end of the waiver process, but the holdup was on Pittsburgh’s side.

• shocks02
    replied
    A Minnesota guard was denied a waiver today. Can't find a rhyme or reason the NCAA is using in these decisions...

Toronto native Marcus Carr averaged 10 points and started 27 games for Pittsburgh in 2017-18. The NCAA still hasn't made a decision on his waiver request to play for the Gophers this season.

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    commented on 's reply
    Wasn't Karma one of the strippers in the Louisville scandal?

• ShockerPrez
    replied
    He aint getting a waiver. Who are we kidding? If he does it will be in freaking February.

Screw the NCAA.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    commented on 's reply
    NCAA's Response to that: "What's Karma? How do we make money off Karma?"

• Shock Top
    replied
    Would think WSU would get some good karma from the NCAA with how they handled the Lomax situation.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    commented on 's reply
    Not last I looked, but I will look again.

• SHOCKvalue
    replied
    If I were an oppressive dictator I would close this post until someone PM's one of the admin staff with hard news on TA. Seeing this thread pop up every few hours with nothingburgers is a bit like spending your time buying and scratching off lotto tickets, and well all know how wise that is as a use of time and money. Excitedness... oh nevermind. Hey what's that... DAMMIT!

Not picking on anyone particular, by the way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X