No announcement yet.

Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a basketball standpoint, the impact isn't too great. Austin probably wasn't ever going to start on a team playing in the American. And this may mean that Burton is signing, as he does play the lead guard position. If we're in the Valley, Austin could easily start. But that's not the reality we live in anymore.

From a personal standpoint, I'm very disappointed. I really wanted Austin to succeed here and it was impossible not to root for the guy. I wish him the best of luck. And for the team, it could be a sign of something more problematic. I don't know. I hope it's as simple as being homesick and the bleak prospects of increased playing time for AR.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      Austin would have been the best returning shooter in the entire AAC ... I don't see how that isn't an impact from a basketball standpoint.

• proshox
      proshox commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice try

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Except that he started 11 games last year.

The only time a Kunkel tweet has made me feel better - "Markis McDuffie has told coaches he is “all in” and will be the leader of the team this season. He’s been very hands on with recent recruiting trips as well. McDuffie has embraced the changes and wants to be the face of the program. #watchus"

Wichita news sources now saying Wichita State has confirmed.

Comment

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      McDuffie is set up to have the exact OPPORTUNITY he needs to improve his NBA Chances ... he just needs to own it and execute on it now.

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
    Are we expecting Mcduffie to stay now that he is the lone real hold over?!
    if u read some of his tweets and what his sister said - u cannot have high confidence he is back for sure.

Comment

Are we expecting Mcduffie to stay now that he is the lone real hold over?!
      Kunkel just tweeted that Mcduffie said he is "all in", wants to be the face of the team, and has been active in the recruiting process.

Comment

Per Kunkel: Austin Reaves told the coaching staff he was going to leave a few weeks ago.
        Some of his best friends are CJ Keyeser, Landry Shamet and Brett Barney who are all leaving and didn’t want to stay. #watchus
        So you transfer, 100% start over with team relationships, and sit out a year? Makes no sense.

Maybe there's been some dirty behind the scenes conversations going on with other staffs, what with his solid play at a high college level, but out of HS we were his best offer by a long shot.

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          "So you transfer, 100% start over with team relationships, and sit out a year? Makes no sense." THIS. Not only new relationships with players, but coaching and training staffs and fans.

Per Kunkel: Austin Reaves told the coaching staff he was going to leave a few weeks ago.
        Some of his best friends are CJ Keyeser, Landry Shamet and Brett Barney who are all leaving and didn’t want to stay. #watchus
        I'm going to assume this is his reasoning. Still seems crazy to me. If he'd rather pack up and start off somewhere new after losing 3 of his closest friends, that doesn't speak too well of the state of our program right now... I'm officially in panic mode. I'm still excited for our new guys and perhaps starting a new culture, but next year is gonna be rough. And what does this mean for Marshall? I'm not gonna speculate there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          From a basketball standpoint, the impact isn't too great. Austin probably wasn't ever going to start on a team playing in the American. And this may mean that Burton is signing, as he does play the lead guard position. If we're in the Valley, Austin could easily start. But that's not the reality we live in anymore.
          I get that Austin certainly had some areas that needed work, but whether we were in the Valley or the American next year doesn't change what our roster is. Going into the season he was without a doubt option 1a. You really wouldn't have been even a little surprised if Austin was coming off the bench day one next year?

Comment

He didn’t want to stay because everyone else left?

I mean yah it sucks to lose guys you’re cool with, but are you here for basketball or to hang out with people on weekends?

Its not like he’s going to a place where he can hang out with those guys. He’s gonna start anew somewhere else too.

I don’t get it. I had high hopes for Reaves.

Oh and can a mod ban that dumbass troll SweetShocker? I don’t need to see a troll only come here when we get gutpunched just to take snipes and pot shots like a little b****. His **** got stale a long time ago.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Next year will be.....

Interesting.

I was looking forward to seeing what Austin would be by the time he was a senior.

Sucks.

But, still looking forward to new blood. New Shockers. Always will. May not be pretty next year, but I think we are just adding some more pillars to bolster the base of the program for the long run.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                The only time a Kunkel tweet has made me feel better - "Markis McDuffie has told coaches he is “all in” and will be the leader of the team this season. He’s been very hands on with recent recruiting trips as well. McDuffie has embraced the changes and wants to be the face of the program. #watchus"

Wichita news sources now saying Wichita State has confirmed.
                Well that is some good news at least I think.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

if u read some of his tweets and what his sister said - u cannot have high confidence he is back for sure.
                  You should probably stay off social media.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I have to say it will be nice to not to have to cringe every time Reaves went to the floor.
                    [I]The ceiling is the roof[/I] - MJ

Comment

Some of you might need to get back to the fundamentals. First, breathe. Next, take a deep breath. If Reaves transfers it is not the end of the world. Life will go on. Wichita State will have some talented players next year. These players may be more coachable than some players on last year’s team. It will be all right.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Wrong thread for this, but Markis will be back and better than ever.

Book it.
                        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by jds9089 View Post
                          I have to say it will be nice to not to have to cringe every time Reaves went to the floor.
                          lol nice 4th post.

Does SHJ make you feel better?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• jds9089
                            jds9089 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks... Had to dig deep to find my password. I do like Stevenson, but have no idea who makes me feel better at this point.
                        Working...
                        X