No announcement yet.

Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn’t call for Austin to talk. He doesn’t owe any explanation. The coach does, however.

Comment

• shocker43
      shocker43 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I agree with this. I get "shaving", or whatever, but we lost two scholarship players, one who was a starter and another that Gregg said they were grooming to be the next defensive stopper on the team. Both scholarship players that left had some role in next years team.

I wouldn't think that a school newspaper would influence a young man with the character that AR has shown in his two years here. Pure speculation, but concern for his teammates and the way they may have been treated would seem a more likley reason for AR's decision.

Comment

I'm not sure I care why he left. It sucks. Listening to him speak, you knew he was 100% class. He also seemed pretty good at basketball. Home sick, missing friends, mean newspaper; it all makes no difference to me. He won't hit 8 threes in a row next year. He won't wear the black and yellow and it makes me sad.

I'm taking the rest of the day off to drink my sorrows away. I hope my beer store is loaded up on ShockTop.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
      Will just confirmed the sunflower article was the issue
      Loved AR but if he got that butt hurt over a newspaper article he isn't nearly mentally tough enough to be the guy. Good luck young man

Comment

I was and still am a huge Austin Reaves fan... But he had moments of greatness and moments of regression...Notre Dame game inbounds, entire month of February...AAC game against Houston... He played like trash against Marshall... But I still never saw him leaving the program.... Fan favorite... Great leader...

Comment

Originally posted by ARShocker View Post
          A newspaper article is not an issue lol. Austin Reaves does not care what anybody says. He cares about his teammates and winning. That's it. And that's the last thing I'll say. Let the kid speak. He hasn't spoken to any media and will not do so for a few more days.
          Thanks for adding your input here. Look forward to hearing what he has to say and wish him the best wherever he ends up.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

A newspaper article is not an issue lol. Austin Reaves does not care what anybody says. He cares about his teammates and winning. That's it. And that's the last thing I'll say. Let the kid speak. He hasn't spoken to any media and will not do so for a few more days.
            You are an insider and I respect that but, understand, this came out of nowhere to we the fans like a freight train doing 60mph we didn't see. All we have is shock and surprise. To speculate about what happened with a kid most of us cherished is to be expected.

Comment

I know this may sound odd, but are you confirming Austin is transferring? I think I trust you more on Reaves than Kunkel and I only listen to Sully and Taylor regarding shockers news and they are still silent. Eagle isn't even reporting it online. Can you confirm?

Comment

• Stickboy46
                Stickboy46 commented
                Editing a comment
                Taylor Eldridge just confirmed that WSU has confirmed it ...

So this is a total rebuild. Teams with new coaches have more returners. We have had turnover in the assistant area and team. Certainly not all of it for the better.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I think about this:
                1. Friends on team leave (potentially meaning those left aren't exactly "friends")
                2. Playing time wasn't gonna change much; maybe early minutes but potentially lessening as the season and other players progress.
                3. NBA isn't in his future.

This level of participation is HARD; it ain't high school. I'm sure near every player on near every team goes through a self evaluation over whether it overall is "worth it"; and every player sets different goals for themselves afterwards. If your ultimate goal is to enjoy the ride because it's gonna end, I can see why someone would choose to transfer vs stay where it isn't as fun anymore (for whatever reason). Kids have transferred for much shallower reasons.

I've always thought of him as in the same mold as Evan Wessel. Not gonna be a star, but could be a huge impact in certain games. He will be missed; he will be appreciated wherever he lands.

Comment

• The last transfer of a player with a significant role would have been Reggie Chamberlain and that was 10 years ago. Every other player that left played minimal minutes. Austin is certainly the first really big fan favorite to leave in Gregg's time. Hurts quite a bit more.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post

I know this may sound odd, but are you confirming Austin is transferring? I think I trust you more on Reaves than Kunkel and I only listen to Sully and Taylor regarding shockers news and they are still silent. Eagle isn't even reporting it online. Can you confirm?
                    It’s happening.
                    The Assman

Comment

• ArtVandalay
                      ArtVandalay commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I know it is, just my way of taking another shot at Kunkel. Looking for anything to boost my spirits.

• Taylor Eldridge now confirming:

Comment

• I am really going to miss Mr. Reaves. Yes Sir. For what it's worth I think Ausitn was mentally and physically the toughest kid we had on the team especially considering his physical limitations.

I hope Austin finds a great sitaution and I hope that he excels wherever he lands. Hate to lose him but consider us lucky to have had him for 2 years.

i am not angry at Austin at all. The thing is I don't really no for sure who to be angry with at this point. I have some suspicions but nothing with enough evidence to even comment on.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 19, 2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        Well... at least we have baseball to look forward to.

Too soon and wrong place for a very dry 1990's-era joke?
                        Hilarious. Not too soon and a reminder that the worm always turns.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                        X