Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by washedup View Post
    Hearing there may be more truth than speculation to the girl thing. But it's not about a girl back home, but an ex here at WSU
    Oh give me a break, you're one of the stars on the bball game...nail 10 other ones and you'll be happy again!

Comment

Hearing there may be more truth than speculation to the girl thing. But it's not about a girl back home, but an ex here at WSU
      We're heading into daytime tv territory now ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Oh give me a break, you're one of the stars on the bball game...nail 10 other ones and you'll be happy again!
        The heart wants, what the heart wants.

I know all to well about “the one who got away”, I don’t wish that on any kid, especially one as upstanding as Reaves.

......... Having said that......... Being a star on the basketball team could definitely help alleviate that pain a lot easier! ;)
        The Assman

Comment

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Again we assume Austin's ex was the one who dumped Austin. Maybe it was a relationship Austin wanted out of and his ex won't let go and she is stalking him. As Sam Axe notes we are entering daytime soap opera territroy here.

• OregonShocker
          OregonShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm reminded of Good Will Hunting when Robin Williams discusses what he gave up for his future wife. Yeah; sometimes the long term is hard to see but trumps the short term. You don't know until you "give it a shot."

• Originally posted by Sam Axe View Post

We're heading into daytime tv territory now ...
        More so than you probably know

Comment

• Today, I regret ever signing up for this forum.

smh

Comment

• Shock Top
            Shock Top commented
            Editing a comment
            No hidden message in this one.

Austin will be just fine. I am sure this is a tough situation for him, but more of us than not support him whatever he decides to do.

#OnceAShockerAlwaysAShocker

• Cdizzle
            Cdizzle commented
            Editing a comment
            Not all bad, WuDrWu https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...k-lufile-s-mom

• Triticum aestivum L.
            Triticum aestivum L. commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven't been here as long as you, but I am NEVER surprised by the range of content in this forum.

I think we all need a countdown to summer thread . . . hmmm who could do that for us??

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Today, I regret ever signing up for this forum.

smh
          There is only one logical explanation for why Austin is leaving ..

Comment

• I’m still saying there is something serious going on with Austin. This whole situation just seems off. I have a feeling we are going to find out some information here in the next couple weeks that makes everything with this situation fall in place.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe. Or not. Either way Austin is leaving and it won't change that. I wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

• ShockingButTrue
              ShockingButTrue commented
              Editing a comment
              Case closed. Movin' on.

• Topshock
              Topshock commented
              Editing a comment
              Unless Washedup has more to say I have a feeling it isn't going to fall in place on Shockernet.

• From Hoosiers —

Coach Norman Dale: I would hope you would support who we are. Not, who we are not. These six individuals have made a choice to work, a choice to sacrifice, to put themselves on the line 23 nights for the next 4 months, to represent you, this high school. That kind of commitment and effort deserves and demands your respect. This is your team.

I will root for the young men wearing the yellow and black. If someone elects not to be in that group, for whatever reason, I wish them well, and will be getting ready to cheer for the new guys. I am going to need coach to put the names back on the uniforms, though.

Comment

• I don’t wish the kid ill will, but I am a Shocker fan. If a player isn’t a Shocker, then mostly I kinda don’t give a ****.

Comment

I have heard similar stuff. All and all - it sucks. I really wanted to see him finish up an all time Shocker great.

Comment

• Team is different than the team he joined. He probably wants to take a year he shoulda took before his freshman year to get stronger. Makes more sense to start from scratch sometimes.

Comment

• N Crestway
                    N Crestway commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think you're right. It will probably take more than just an off season to significantly develop Austin's upper body. We know he can be very good if he can get over that hurdle. .

• Topshock
                    Topshock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nothing to do with it.

• This is really bad. We have some really good recruits coming in but with McDuffy and Jones being the only returning players with any kind of significant playing time, this means the new guys are really going to have to contribute quickly. Austin Reaves was my favorite player. This is tough.

Comment

• If it was a girl here he may have lost her love but he had plenty of fan love. It will be very difficult to
                    match that level of fan love elsewhere. His leaving is a HUGE loss to the program and our offense.

Comment

• I don't understand the point of all this speculation. If he's leaving because of a problem with the program, that affects us and the program's future. If that isn't the case, then who gives a **** why he's leaving? That's literally none of our business.

The quantity of people speculating over the personal life of a kid is disturbing.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Topshock
                        Topshock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Unless their not speculating

• ShockTalk
                        ShockTalk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Or a combination of issues.

• Rlh04d
                        Rlh04d commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't care if they're speculating or not. If it's not about the program, who gives a damn. The quality of adults posting about a 20 year old's relationship is disturbing.

• I remember once a poster felt it necessary to cast aspersions on PJ for having a kid while not married. I haven't seen anything posted here questioning Austin's character. Seems natural to try and guess why a successful player is transferring .
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Really? If you have too much time on your hands and nothing else to do, maybe so -- but if you have an actual life, why would you spend time analyzing and speculating about why someone is leaving? We know he has done so, and it's natural for all of us who rooted for him to wish him well. But why waste time with the rumors, such as they are, speculation, random guesswork, etc.?

I could think of any number of totally reasonable, non-sinister causes for Reaves to leave, mostly likely to head back closer to home, but it's silly and pointless to waste time on them that could be better spent doing literally almost anything else, so this is my last post on the subject and last time on this thread. Carry on.
                    Working...
                    X