Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

So you transfer, 100% start over with team relationships, and sit out a year? Makes no sense.

Maybe there's been some dirty behind the scenes conversations going on with other staffs, what with his solid play at a high college level, but out of HS we were his best offer by a long shot.
    Sitting out a year might be the very best thing for AR. Gives the shoulders time to rebuild/restrengthen and gives him the opportuinity to bulk up in the S&C program. I just wish he would have decided to redshirt here.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

2018 has been a VERY bad year from the start. This news makes me sick to my stomach.

Comment

Wichita State had a chance to beat Houston and play for a shot at the American Athletic Conference tournament title and an improved seed in the national tournament. With six seconds on the clock and trailing a single point, 75-74, the Shockers had more than enough time to put themselves in position for a game-winning...

Found this Sunflower article which certainly isn’t flattering, but I loved me some Austin Reaves!
        Livin the dream

Comment

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          IIRC that article was widely panned on Shockernet although a few agreed with it. Besides that is just one idiot's opinion.

• Shocktoberfest
          Shocktoberfest commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I guess this a hole writer got his wish.

• ShockdaWorld
          ShockdaWorld commented
          Editing a comment
          And it just happens to come out March 12. Trash

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
        My fear is that there is some inside strife starting at the top. This is very disturbing.
        I was worried about this Midway thru the season. It was just a hunch, but I also had speculated if there were some locker room issues. Nothing else seemed tot o make sense. I don't know if it was between some players, or the coaches, or both.

This is terrible news, and I was a huge fan of Reaves. I wanted to see him get a full healthy year under his belt, get stronger, and be an absolute beast for us. He was tough, he was an amazing shooter, and he put in the effort on defense when on the floor. Austin, you will be greatly missed, I hope you are happy with where you end up.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

While I might be in meltdown mode, and there might be a coaching change, 11 players gone is misleading. Six graduated, one declared for the NBA. That’s good! Two walk-ones left, which isn’t surprising. We had two scholarship players transfer. That’s not uncommon.
          I agree. I think it probably looks worse than it really is. However, part of me wonders if some things that happened last year didn't sit well with the coaching staff and prompted them to ask every player at the end of the season if they were committed 100% to the program. And if the answer wasn't an emphatic yes, they were free to go.

Glad Markis is staying.

Sorry to see Reaves go--he was one of my favorites. I will cheer for him wherever he lands.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Sunflower Staff: Boo-hoo, hissy fit! You meanieheads are cutting our funding!

Everyone collectively who wants to see WSU progress in academics, campus development, and athletics: Your chickens are coming home to roost, cockholsters.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
              More from kunkel:I’ve also been told the fan reaction toward Austin Reaves at the end of the season did not go over well. #watchus
              Was there really THAT bad of a fan reaction ? I don't remember seeing it .. maybe there was stuff thrown his way that the majority didn't see. If that's a primary reason, I'm disappointed in all parties involved then ...

Comment

Jon Rothstein on twitter said there will be a very long line of schools who want AR

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Hardcore fan hate for AR at the end of last season must have been something that went right over my head. I'm not recalling, outside of a few comments here and there. Our fan base by and large LOVES AR.
                  Yep. Outside a few fair weather douchebags that were on twitter after a few of the losses, there was a little negativity towards Reaves as far as I know. If that comment stems from a few idiots on social media, then Austin needs to follow my advice I have to SB and just stay off social media.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    https://thesunflower.com/25829/opini...austin-reaves/

Found this Sunflower article which certainly isn’t flattering, but I loved me some Austin Reaves!
                    Guess what it happened again in the NCAA tourney. Threw the ball away against Marshall late in the game on an in bounds pass

Comment

• Topshock
                      Topshock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Guess what, LS turned the ball over repeatedly against Marshall so your glad he won't be back to, right?

• fuball7
                      fuball7 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You get more lee way when you are a potential first round draft pick. That was one game for Landry (although he was usually good for a couple bonehead passes a game). I also dont think Landry's best position is point guard. I was excited of the idea of Lomax running the point and letting Landry play off the ball. He was at his best as a catch and shoot guy

• ShockdaWorld
                      ShockdaWorld commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well played Ray. Dumb thought process, but well played.

I have a feeling the Sunflower call for his benching was an issue—it was very poorly done. A student newspaper should NOT be calling for the benching of another student. Bad form. And at some point, the fans deserve, and I truly mean DESERVE to hear from Coach on this. He should have called out the Sunflower at the time. Austin deserved better. And coach needs to address this exodus. It’s time. Many of us commented all season that something was wrong with the team. It never got righted. And that is on coach as well. If he is going to be the master when things are going well, he has to be when things are a mess, too. Austin was the only player who showed much leadership this year. Truly hate to see my favorite Shocker leaving.

Comment

According to sources, Wichita State men's basketball has released sophomore guard Austin Reaves Thursday.
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

You guys should stop speculating and just wait for Austin to speak. Don't listen to the media. They haven't spoken to Austin and anything they say is hearsay or speculation. I can ASSURE you that it wasn't the fans that caused him to leave. He loved the fan base in Wichita.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                          1972Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you for weighing in. We have our first really reliable input and that was needed.

• ShockdaWorld
                          ShockdaWorld commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you.

Will just confirmed the sunflower article was the issue

Comment

A newspaper article is not an issue lol. Austin Reaves does not care what anybody says. He cares about his teammates and winning. That's it. And that's the last thing I'll say. Let the kid speak. He hasn't spoken to any media and will not do so for a few more days.

Comment

• Walker
                            Walker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I agree. While that article stupid and nothing should ever come from a school paper like that, Austin seems like a mentally tough kid that wouldn't let that nonsense make him leave.
                        Working...
                        X