No announcement yet.

Lomax is Gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expected it. Doesn’t mean I have to like it. Marshall’s compliments to Tubby rings a little hollow now.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
      Memphis fans are unbearable, holy **** man. They barely half filled their arena, now they think they the greatest thing, cant imagine how they were during the Calapari days
      I live in Memphis, it is so bad. Gary Parrish hypes them up to be a top-5 program of all time. Their fans are obnoxious. I will not be able to stand it next year.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Crap

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
          .... cant imagine how they were during the Calapari days
          A lot like Kentucky fans are now.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

As I had one Memphis fan tell me “Calipari was a snake, but he was our snake”. All I needed to hear.

Comment

By granting a full release... This has been extremely positive visibility for WSU. Many major writers commenting how it's extremely classy and he didn't have to do that.

That will help secure future prospects IMO.

Comment

• Shock Top
                Shock Top commented
                Editing a comment
                In my opinion, no one will remember this before to long, especially future recruits.

• OregonShocker
                OregonShocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Sure. Let's send the message that future signees can get a full release anytime they change their minds. ;-)

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              By granting a full release... This has been extremely positive visibility for WSU. Many major writers commenting how it's extremely classy and he didn't have to do that.

Do not disagree. Still sucks out loud to lose a stud to a conference opponent, no less.

Comment

Not to mention that 3G has been known to use things like this as a chip on his shoulder to motivate himself and his team to bigger and better things.

Comment

Penny=pond scum

Comment

I hope we beat the *!@# out of them for the next 4 years....

Comment

what writers? Kunkel? All I am seeing is either matter of fact statements like from Parrish, Adams and Rothstein (and other writers) or how Penny is now winning the recruiting battle. Only thing I did see was ******* had taken a stand that WSU would not give him his full release - ended up saying it was a cool move not to fight a losing battle.

Comment

I thought we were 50/50, at best, on ALo after Penny took the job, and those of us that said as much were called out for being emotional, paranoid, and irrational. I guess a person can be a realist, or stick their head in the sand.

Comment

• ShockerDropOut
                          ShockerDropOut commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I thought he would stay and said so on several occasions. I dont think my head was in the sand, but I was wrong and am willing to admit it. It sucks and pisses me off though.

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        I thought we were 50/50, at best, on ALo after Penny took the job, and those of us that said as much were called out for being emotional, paranoid, and irrational. I guess a person can be a realist, or stick their head in the sand.
                        Or maybe some people believe that people will honor their commitments....it's how you want to view it

Comment

You didn't have to be Miss Cleo to see this coming. What a nice cherry on top to an absolutely underwhelming basketball season.

Comment

• bleednblackngold
                            bleednblackngold commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Way to keep it classy str.

Another angle to consider is that Alo as good as he is would be highly scouted by Penny and Memphis had he stayed here. Penny knows all his moves and tendencies. This was the right move for everybody. Now go get us a stud PG Coach to shut-down Alo when we play them.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                          X