WSU vs. Houston in the AAC Tournament Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I understand frustration, I don't understand lack of support for these guys.
    Who says guys aren’t being supported? Calling out the obvious is not being unsupportive. One doesn’t have to be blind in their support.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Go away....better yet run your mouth to our “soft” and “weak” team
      How is turning the ball over twice (almost three times) in the final possessions not soft? Or weak with the ball?

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...10_HOU@WICHST/

20 minutes for Shaq.....Kelly 12 boards..........Shamet 1-3 from the line, Willis 3-6.......

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Come on, you are better than that.
          You are one to talk haha

Comment

• It will definitely be "interesting" tomorrow. How much respect will the Selection Committee show the AAC??? That is the question. I'm gonna predict whatever seed we get. A 4 or a 5...that they will give us the worst possible match-up available.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• slyp3st
              slyp3st commented
              Editing a comment
              Im predicting a 5 or 6 seed with a game against loyola

• Shock Top
              Shock Top commented
              Editing a comment
              ^^^
              That’s what I said to. Would be too juicy for the committee to pass up.

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

How is turning the ball over twice (almost three times) in the final possessions not soft? Or weak with the ball?
            Reread you entire quote. Better yet stick to Minecraft and tornados

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
              Shocks were unsettled the first 10 minutes, and that is putting it kindly. Could have used a time out to help the kids refocus. They were playing catch up for a good while after that.
              Why? Why were they unsettled? This program has been top 25 good for the past decade and we have how many seniors on this team who have been in pressure packed games? We continue to come out flat in the first half of games that is killing us. How many games does it take the coaching staff and senior laden team to finally figure out to come out the first half of the game with their hair on fire and destroy any confidence the other team has? Instead, we're the second half darlings of the NCAA where we finally decide to play to our capability and either pull ahead or get the game square. It's tiresome and bothersome giving away games like that. Kudos to Houston who has a good D and that plays a role in this, but it's not the first time we've seen this team play like the JV squad in the first half. How many chances do they need to finally figure it out? Ok, I'm done ranting.

Comment

Reread you entire quote. Better yet stick to Minecraft and tornados
                I really see nothing about my post calling the team soft and weak with the basketball that is deserving of this kind of backlash.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  Grays 33 was a killer even though we played better on offense in the 2nd half. Thought Gray fouled Austin on the crazy deep inbounds pass but my rose color glasses are not always accurate. Tough loss for us and now we Dance.
                  He did. Knocked Austin off the ball in mid air. Should have been called. Also Gray should have been called for a reach-in foul on the play Austin had to call a time out. Clear call. Gray is a punk.

Comment

• ShockerDropOut
                    ShockerDropOut commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Second the "Gray is a punk." comment.

• forevershockerfan
                    forevershockerfan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Gray was never called for a foul that I recall today.

• I wanna see the pass interference no-call again, and man-bun's dribble after

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
                    onwards and upwards - 2 weeks from now this game will be forgotten
                    Pretty optimistic that we're around in 2 weeks. Personally I still haven't gotten over the home loss to Cincinnati and the chance to share a title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

Who says guys aren’t being supported? Calling out the obvious is not being unsupportive. One doesn’t have to be blind in their support.
                      Your meltdowns and overreacting generalizations are a bit over the top. I know you mean well but do you really understand the difference between constructive criticism and just angry rhetoric?

I'm protective of our kids. I admit it.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                        WuDrWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And I'm right there with you. To know what these guys go through, day in and day out, for 4-5 years and to question their resolve, call them soft, it's just wrong. These guys have represented all of us with class almost without exception, they deserve better support. JMHO.

• I hate when ppl talk smack when we lose. Oh but when we win. They are all over it. Come on just support the Shockers. Win or loose. You think next year is going to be like this. Hell we will probably end up in the 6-9 place. We are going to the dance. No ands or if about it. Unlike the MVC. We would not have made it to the dance.

Comment

• slyp3st
                        slyp3st commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It is nice to still be a tournament team despite not winning the regular or conference tournament championships. Hopefully we can go on a run like the last time this happened

Your meltdowns and overreacting generalizations are a bit over the top. I know you mean well but do you really understand the difference between constructive criticism and just angry rhetoric?

I'm protective of our kids. I admit it.
                      I'm protective as well....and LOVE our team...the players...our coach...and will always support them. But, I won't call bad play good. I won't refrain from calling out stupid decisions and poor basketball IQ issues. To only praise is not being supportive...quite the opposite. And where have I had a meltdown? C'mon...this is a basketball message board. You're reading too much into people's tone and statements.

Comment

• Championship game tomorrow should be fun to watch live in Orlando for the 150 people that are there.

Comment

• bunck
                          bunck commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Just imagine if Cincinnati had ended up losing too.
                      Working...
                      X