No announcement yet.

WSU vs. Houston in the AAC Tournament Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wish we were a better team. I don't really have any answers for why the team is who they are. I thought we improved on some of these issues. My confidence in the tournament would be way higher if we were the 30th best offense and the 30th best defense in the land, rather than the 4th best offense and the 106th best offense. 106th. What went wrong? How did a team of seniors take such steps backward? It's simply unprecedented.

Landry and Shaq improved and carried us quite a ways, but we won't go far if we need crazy games from both those guys every night. That isn't our system or our identity. We need complete games from the rest of our team for every game from here on out. We don't get any breathers. This team of all Shocker teams could lose in the first round to a team of plucky shooters we can't guard; that's just what you get when 105 teams play better defense than you.

In fact, that will happen if everyone from Austin to Zach fails to bring their A game from the opening tip-off, on both ends of the court. Which is isn't to say we are destined for a one weekend berth; that depends on the team. If they figure out where the defense went between March and November, they can make a run. If not, say hello to highlight clips from the Northwest Central Applachian State Pangolins and their 66% 3PT shooting in the Round of 64.

Comment

• And, if a player or coach is spending even 1 second on this board to see how "unsupportive" fans are, their priorities are way out of whack. Somehow, I don't see that being the case.

Comment

• To much complaining about the refs and fouls. The fouls were 26-25 Houston. What happen to game threads being about score updates and big plays. AAC is some big time physical basketball. Either we get use to it and enjoy it or take your a$$ back to MVC.

Comment

• Rlh04d
          Rlh04d commented
          Editing a comment
          "Either we get use to it and enjoy it or take your a$$ back to MVC."

Either be consistent about pretending to be a WSU fan or just be an honest dick. This is just poor trolling effort.

• Originally posted by Jrmy View Post
        To much complaining about the refs and fouls. The fouls were 26-25 Houston. What happen to game threads being about score updates and big plays. AAC is some big time physical basketball. Either we get use to it and enjoy it or take your a$$ back to MVC.
        So, you come here, for the first time, at the end of a heartbreaking game to leave your first post? That's pretty bush, don't you think? You think that Austin wasn't fouled on that inbounds play? You think he wasn't hacked near the end which lead to the inbounds play? Did you even watch the game? Can you explain how Gray didn't have one foul called on him despite all the fouls in the game? You're welcome to post on your hometown Houston board...but, have at least a little class and stay off of this one. You're insulting your program.

Comment

• Jrmy
          Jrmy commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually I think we both will be cheering for a UC win tomorrow. Agree?? Rob Grey with 0 fouls is very interesting but he’s a player who talks a lot to the refs, a little to much. You should see him before games. I’m curious to how much complaining went on in the MVC with some weak a$$ teams and always winning. Be thankful for a yearly automatic bid now.

• pinstripers
          pinstripers commented
          Editing a comment
          Be thankful for a yearly automatic bid now? What does that mean?

• It's nice to be in a position where losing a Conference semi-final game is not a recipe for being left out of the dance. I don't think this loss will hurt the Shocks too badly. Give Houston some credit. They do play very hard and yeah the had some outside help from alleged disinterested parties today but so be it.

The Shocks stunk it up in the first half but kept it close. The battled back to take the lead in the 2nd half and lost a game that could have gone either way at the end against an NCAA team that had won 9 of their last 10 games and has been playing very well and very hard. You don't do that without bringing some kind of toughness and effort to the floor.

They and Cincy can beat each other up tomorrow and our guys can turn their attention to more important things while getting a additional valuable day of rest before next weekend.

Looking forward to another NCAA Tournament.

:poster_shocks:

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Quite the story in a game with a hundred fouls called, Gray has none
          2, 4, 3, 5, 1, 4, 5, 1, 1

3, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2

That's everyone who appeared in the game's # of fouls except for Gray who had 0 in 37 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

That's everyone who appeared in the game's # of fouls except for Gray who had 0 in 37 minutes.
            [Sarcasm]He's incredible defensively. [/sarcasm]
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Go Cincy, any dude who dons a 'man bun' in 2018 needs to be rooted against.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                I just wish we were a better team. I don't really have any answers for why the team is who they are. I thought we improved on some of these issues. My confidence in the tournament would be way higher if we were the 30th best offense and the 30th best defense in the land, rather than the 4th best offense and the 106th best offense. 106th. What went wrong? How did a team of seniors take such steps backward? It's simply unprecedented.

Landry and Shaq improved and carried us quite a ways, but we won't go far if we need crazy games from both those guys every night. That isn't our system or our identity. We need complete games from the rest of our team for every game from here on out. We don't get any breathers. This team of all Shocker teams could lose in the first round to a team of plucky shooters we can't guard; that's just what you get when 105 teams play better defense than you.

In fact, that will happen if everyone from Austin to Zach fails to bring their A game from the opening tip-off, on both ends of the court. Which is isn't to say we are destined for a one weekend berth; that depends on the team. If they figure out where the defense went between March and November, they can make a run. If not, say hello to highlight clips from the Northwest Central Applachian State Pangolins and their 66% 3PT shooting in the Round of 64.
                lol the most predictable of predictable.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

To much complaining about the refs and fouls. The fouls were 26-25 Houston. What happen to game threads being about score updates and big plays. AAC is some big time physical basketball. Either we get use to it and enjoy it or take your a$$ back to MVC.
                  What a dickf*ck. Houston sucks balls.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Get this piece of trash out of here.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• In the grand scheme of things, this game was meaningless. I even said as such earlier in the week that our seed is likely already determined and this is just thanksgiving gravy. Houston hasn't been relevant in 3 decades so this one meant more for them. It's nice being in a conference where we don't have to worry about winning in the meaningless conference tournament. 24 hours from now, this game will be long forgotten.

I do hope Cincy destroys this team though. Rob Gray is a punkass ***** who gets babied like a little pansy. I hope they lose tomorrow and get waxed in their first tournament game in like half a century.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• It's conference & Dance time so, it's also time to...
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• We lost that game for 2 reasons; 1) poor execution down the stretch (I’m getting tired of saying that....) and 2) lack of athletes in the backcourt. 1 through 3 we lack the foot speed to defend against high major guards. Reaves and Frankcamp both get picked on in ISO D because of their lack of athleticism. Brown has length and girth, but he gets blown by every other play. Landry probably has the best foot speed of our guards who play regular minutes, but he’s probably average at best. I know we lack guard depth, but I’m starting to think we can’t play Reaves and Frankamp at the same time. Start LS, AR, MM, RK, and SM. Have ZB play some minutes at the 2 when LS takes a breather. RK and ZB can handle the ball well enough to help point out if he gets in trouble.

Comment

• Rlh04d
                            Rlh04d commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Agreed on AR and CF's shortcomings. I like both players, but they're defensive liabilities against other guards on tournament-quality teams. AR gets picked on one on one -- CF does as well, but he's particularly prone to over helping and leaving perimeter shooters open for easy threes.

• proshox
                            proshox commented
                            Editing a comment
                            This lacks use of data. The teams plus minus is tremendous with three guards (AR, CF and LS). HCGM only uses that lineup when we are in trouble. He doesn’t go there against the average teams.

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

That is stunning.

Maybe his cute looking hair burger was swooning the officials.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                          X