Official 2018 Coaching Changes Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Axe View Post
    I seriously doubt we lose Lomax to Memphis. He would have to sit out a year and lose a year of eligibility. LOI is legally binding.

"Provision 4 – Basic Penalty

If you sign an NLI and do not attend the school you may not go to another school and play for that school for one full year. You may receive a scholarship, but generally schools will not offer you a scholarship until you are eligible to play. In addition, you will lose one full year of eligibility in all sports. There are some cases where you can play right away with a release from the school you signed with; there is more on that process below."
    He could be released by HCGM and play immediately, or he could take a year at prep school, and still have 4 years at Memphis.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

He could be released by HCGM and play immediately, or he could take a year at prep school, and still have 4 years at Memphis.
      I don't think he will be released. It's a American school. If he wants to break a contract, he does it at their and his expense. Going to a prep school or juco while possible doesn't make sense

Comment

I have no influence on this matter and know that HCGM and team will do their best with or without ALO.

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I don't think he will be released. It's a American school. If he wants to break a contract, he does it at their and his expense. Going to a prep school or juco while possible doesn't make sense
          I don't think he will asked to be released. But if you take that for what it's worth you won't be any richer than you were when you started reading this post.

As that famous philosopher, Doris Day, espoused -- Que sera, sera!

I confident that 3G and his staff won't just rollover and let A-Lo go without Recruiting Angry!

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
            I'm certainly hoping for the best that Lomax honors his LOI. If he doesn't, this will be a huge loss for us, HUGE. There is no current G on this roster who has shown anything this year that he could command the role of PG for next season. We should probably be focusing on what Tyler Harris does. I know he's got Iowa State and Memphis as the last two. If he chooses Memphis, that will certainly make me feel better as I doubt Lomax will want to be in a shared PG role there. Based on this news article, I'm feeling pretty confident we keep Lomax.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ast/424711002/
            Landry Shamet will, "command the role of PG for next season". ALL other point guards, even the 4* high school types, will be his back-up and learn from him.
            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Tom Crean reportedly going to Georgia.

Comment

• Shock Top
                Shock Top commented
                Editing a comment
                Probably would have just stuck with TV...

Originally posted by DUShock View Post

I have no influence on this matter and know that HCGM and team will do their best with or without ALO.

Awesome movie.

Comment

Jeff Goodman‏
                Verified account

UMBC athletic director Tim Hall said he will meet with Ryan Odom today or tomorrow with a new deal on the table —

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Jeff Goodman‏
                  Verified account

UMBC athletic director Tim Hall said he will meet with Ryan Odom today or tomorrow with a new deal on the table —
                  Rumor is that ECU was/is going after Odom. The win over UVA may change that but I understand that his Dad coached ECU at one point so there is a connection. ECU also just canned their AD so who knows what will happen there.
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Pearl in trouble at Auburn

Chris Mack rumored to be in mix for Louisville job

Danny Hurley and UCONN gossip heating up

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Can WSU put conditions on a release - like no transfer within conference?

Comment

• Topshock
                        Topshock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Why are we talking about this now??

WSU can put conditions on a release but it is often seen as a bad look for the University and the player can still go to a banned school, sit out a year and play there anyway.

• pogo
                        pogo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We put conditions on Teddy Hawkins but the valley decided that wasn't fair for the other schools. And yes it did not help our relations with isur...oh but wait we really didn't care about that.

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Can WSU put conditions on a release - like no transfer within conference?
                      I believe so.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Penny is Coach of Memphis

Comment

• Aargh
                          Aargh commented
                          Editing a comment

• ShockerPhi
                          ShockerPhi commented
                          Editing a comment

I guess time will tell if he will be Fred Hoiberg or Chris Mullen.
                        The Assman

Comment

Lil Penny named as associate HC.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                          X