Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PG Malcolm Armstead (Transfer from Oregon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forgive my ignorance, and I apologize in advance if this is already out there, but can anyone tell me; is Armstead guaranteed a scholly next season?

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
      forgive my ignorance, and I apologize in advance if this is already out there, but can anyone tell me; is Armstead guaranteed a scholly next season?
      Unclear. There has been a lot of speculation that he isn't, but nothing definitive.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• yea I was just curious because we are two over at the moment if you count the guys that we all "think" are getting a scholly. And the possibilities of which two are not gets confusing.

Comment

• Nice mention of Armstead. Not much there, but oh well....#20

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
            Nice mention of Armstead. Not much there, but oh well....#20

Not sure you were implying that Malcolm Armstead was rated #20?
            "20 Impact Transfers For The 2012-13 College Basketball Season *IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER"
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Right, I just meant it was down at the bottom of that list.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                Its not really Marshall's fault the roster is unbalanced right now. Like Wufan said, if Mannigault and Hamilton didn't leave the program, and panned out like we thought they would, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. We'd be talking about how awesome a line up we'd have in 12-13 and 13-14. I think coach has done a good job filling the gaps that were left open by the transfers. The only transfer that really helped us in the scholarship department was Tyler leaving. I still with Hamilton would have worked out, I think he could be a game changer come his Jr. and Sr. season.
                This quote above from last year is a good reminder of what an amazing job Marshall and Co. did to fill in when they basically had a full recruiting class wash out. Unlike their WSU predecessors, whose program was darn near ruined (which no doubt contributed to their sudden escape when a suitable chance arose) by a similar debacle, the current staff simply buckled down and ended up with a 2012-13 junior class, newcomers all, almost certainly better -- maybe better by far -- than the one they started out to have.

Great work; gtreast recovery.

Comment

• Recruiting

It makes me wonder what % of 3G's staff's time is spent on recruiting each year. They are absolutely relentless!

Comment

• Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                    It makes me wonder what % of 3G's staff's time is spent on recruiting each year. They are absolutely relentless!
                    Relentless is the correct word.

I am not sure there is an effective way to compare recruiting efforts of Shocker coaches, but I suspect Coach Marshall invests far more resources than past coaches.

Based upon outcomes of recruiting, I can only think of one or two other coaches, who rival Coach Marshall. Even by this measure, I believe Coach Marshall is best all time at WSU.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• I've heard coach Marshall say, "Recruiting is like shaving, you miss a day and you look like a bum."
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        Relentless is the correct word.

I am not sure there is an effective way to compare recruiting efforts of Shocker coaches, but I suspect Coach Marshall invests far more resources than past coaches.

Based upon outcomes of recruiting, I can only think of one or two other coaches, who rival Coach Marshall. Even by this measure, I believe Coach Marshall is best all time at WSU.

I would agree with all you said 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          I would agree with all you said 100%
                          I cannot agree with that. I was there during the Ralph Miller era and I believe he was the absolute master at both recruiting and coaching ability at WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calshockfan View Post
                            I cannot agree with that. I was there during the Ralph Miller era and I believe he was the absolute master at both recruiting and coaching ability at WSU.
                            I won't pretend to know anything about Ralph Miller's ability to recruit, but consider the difficulty of bringing excellent talent to a Valley team now-a-days, compared with how difficult it was to bring talent to a Valley team back then. Back in Miller's day the program sorta sold itself. That's not to say Miller wasn't as good -- I don't know -- but in his day it was more about talent scouting than getting signatures, wasn't it?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              I won't pretend to know anything about Ralph Miller's ability to recruit, but consider the difficulty of bringing excellent talent to a Valley team now-a-days, compared with how difficult it was to bring talent to a Valley team back then. Back in Miller's day the program sorta sold itself. That's not to say Miller wasn't as good -- I don't know -- but in his day it was more about talent scouting than getting signatures, wasn't it?
                              I know that Miller was a great coach but the recruiting landscape has changed immensely. For example, in the south, none of the black players were being recruited by the Southern schools. Thus, Dallas/FW Texas was a hotbed for Miller where he found Stallworth and Bowman. I don't remember the year, but Texas Western (UTEP) won the National Championship in 66 or 67(?) with this assist too.

Comment

• The thread police need to feel the right to move this subject to another thread and rename it. Quite a while back, Armstead's thread became a recruiting thread about Marshall, then Miller.

Comment

Working...
                                X