Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PG Malcolm Armstead (Transfer from Oregon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PG Malcolm Armstead (Transfer from Oregon)

Is the newest member of the Shocks.

I was just informed about this about 10 minutes ago.
    I'll post a few quick links.

View the profile of Wichita State Shockers Guard Malcolm Armstead on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com
    veni, vidi, vici

Just read that he played for Chipola.
    And he gets alot of steals.
    Will be a Senior after sitting out a year.
    veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Just as long as he doesn't slam his hands on the floor every time he plays defense or kick balls into stands like Dana's players have been known to do.. ;-)

Comment

I'm surprised Marshall would invest two years of scholarship for one year of play. Andre Walker made sense (1 year to fill an immediate need).

But I guess it may make some sense, particularly if Tekele Cotton redshirts this year.

Comment

Makes sense with Ragland leaving this next year, we have a durable, d1 player with experience for that next year. I really like how Marshall picks up JUCO's and Transfers to fill gaps we have. It allows us to coach the young kids up, and allow them to split a little time on the court and see how its played by veterans. Is there any news that shows he's coming here officially?
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Found him on facebook, and it says he goes to Wichita State. Sweet.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

He's already in town.
              veni, vidi, vici

Comment

This looks like a good get and will be a nice addition to the 12-13 team, once all our current guards are gone.
                Livin the dream

Comment

He must be quick and crafty to have broken the steals record at Oregon?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu
                    He must be quick and crafty to have broken the steals record at Oregon?
                    Not really. With all that Nike money they just buy what they need. ;)

Comment

It's Malcom Armstead and he should be familar with those of us who follow recruiting. I saw he was transfering a while back, but didn't post since he is a guard and has only one year left. I really thought we would try to get a forward.

On the other hand Malcom has obvious ties to our staff and WSU recruited him in the past so this isn't much of a surprise.

"Armstead put his name in the record book with his defense, and on offense, his left-handed penetration was a key element along with Catron's low-post presence and Singler's all-around play.

Armstead averaged 8.6 points (down from 10.3 points in 2009-10) and 4.4 assists. He shot 43 percent from the floor, 32 percent from three-point range and 70 percent from the foul line."

In the fast lane

Comment

Haha, thread title fail! And I didn't even catch it when I read the article.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I didn't notice the messed up title either!

Snap...

I new it was malcolm.. I guess I was too urgent, and wasn't paying close attention to what I was typing.

Kung Wu said it:
                          FAIL
                          veni, vidi, vici

Comment

So, do you think we are done, or will try to somehow make room for Waker or another forward?
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Haha - Michael...Waker....

Maybe we're saving it for Perry Frankamp.

Comment

Working...
                              X