Koch Arena's Top Secret (until now) WiFi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boltforge View Post
    Personally, it is really pushing it to imagine they can support 10,000 Wifi users who are each expecting at least similar quality to 4G (+10Mbps). Trying to handle a 100Gbps surge, with access points that are about 10 ft apart, and 10,000+ devices that are saturating a massive chunk of the electromagnetic spectrum. I wouldn't want that job.
    Actually it is not. It been done - even on much bigger scales.

Comment

Just to echo what everyone else said, I connected before the game just fine. It was working great.

I tried to load SN at halftime and couldn't get reconnected. I gave up.

Hope you work out the kinks!
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Spotty at best. Sometimes it worked well for a few minutes, then went directly into the $hitter. I got tired of watching it spin and finally switched back to 4g
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I tried connecting before the game started with no luck. Then in the 2nd half, I wanted to check Twitter, but my 4G data was running super slow. So I tried the wifi again and it worked decently well. Kinda slow, but usable. I never checked the speed.

Comment

I logged into it about 45 mins before tip and used it no problem up until tip-off.

I put my phone away once the game started until halftime. I took my phone out at half and it was no longer working. I was connected, but it just sat there and wouldn't load anything.

Section 118.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Sounds like you all had a similar experience, and there is plenty of work to do.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Ulterius Technologies was never able to get this to work and have removed all their equipment from Koch.

But they advertise it as a success on their homepage: http://ulteriustech.com/

Wonder if they still got paid?

Comment

It was absolute garbage for me. Worst WiFi access of any arena that I’ve ever been in.

That needs to get fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by WuFi View Post
                    Ulterius Technologies was never able to get this to work and have removed all their equipment from Koch.

They folded.

Comment

Interesting first post and name ...

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I like it!
                          Do I smell an alter ego?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I saw that the equipment was gone and wondered if anyone was talking about this. Searching for Ulterius and Koch brought me here, one of the few discussions I could find about this. Signed up just to post and see if anyone had info.

Do I smell like an alter ego? Need to change my cologne.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

They folded.
                              Like, the whole company? Or they just gave up trying to make it work in Koch?

Comment

I saw that the equipment was gone and wondered if anyone was talking about this. Searching for Ulterius and Koch brought me here, one of the few discussions I could find about this. Signed up just to post and see if anyone had info.

Do I smell like an alter ego? Need to change my cologne.
                                Whew, at first glance I thought the discussion was about a uterus... yikes!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X