No announcement yet.

Koch Arena's Top Secret (until now) WiFi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was not good at halftime. Tried to load ESPN app - spun forever then trying to load team stats took forever.

Comment

Okay, the engineers are watching this thread. Will be interesting to see what they dug up.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

One of the last ones out of the arena at 1:37 via speedtest.net 78.5 down 74.6 up.

Using fast.com a few minutes later 47 down and using my phone LTE connection 2.7 down, wanna trade? :beguiled:

Comment

I'm confused. This "secret wifi" has been available all year. Has something changed recently or something?

It was ok at the start of the game, terrible in-game, shitty AF at halftime, and terrible back in the 2nd half.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Kung Wu
            Kung Wu commented
            Editing a comment
            No its not a secret. I was just goofin. They are working on it.

I could never connect to it. It would just time out.

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
            SHOCKvalue commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here.

I could connect at the beginning of the game, but once I lost connection early, I could never re-connect.

Comment

Wifi sucked ass today

Comment

I ran a speed test and got around 10mbps download and 6 mbps upload. I attempted to listen to the game via cox contour app and it just kept loading and loading and loading. Once I jumped off wifi to my cellular LTE the CBS video stream played like a charm. Hopefully engineering gets the WIFI fixed and working properly because it would be nice to have a consistent wifi speeds. Sometimes the wifi is good but most of the time it sucks
              Shocker Alumni
              Shocker Club Soccer alumni
              Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

Couldn't even get connected today

Comment

Worked pretty well until about halftime. Unusable after that. Only thing I didn't do was restart my phone.

Comment

The wifi seemed worked (slowly) in the first half, and was non-existent in the 2nd half. In the first half, I was constantly forced to reconnect (It would show a strong connection, but got no service until I quit and reconnected). A couple games in January/February I was consistently getting 5-7 mbps. But the last few instead of getting better it has gotten worse (down to 1.3 to 1.5 mbps). Today I couldn't even get a speedtest check.

Even with the sucky wifi, there is no reason to have bad cell service also. They should be able to put in repeaters.

Comment

No wifi mid 2nd half went back to LTE connection.
                      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

better-wifi-meme.jpg
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

So it sounds like the Koch Arena WiFi will remain super top secret for now.

Comment

Personally, it is really pushing it to imagine they can support 10,000 Wifi users who are each expecting at least similar quality to 4G (+10Mbps). Trying to handle a 100Gbps surge, with access points that are about 10 ft apart, and 10,000+ devices that are saturating a massive chunk of the electromagnetic spectrum. I wouldn't want that job.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                              Cdizzle commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You watch your mouth.
                          Working...
                          X