Gregg Marshall Show - 01/22/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WichitaHawk View Post

All the people straight freaking out are bandwagon fans who love it when we're winning but b!tch like crazy when we lose one or two games. Us true fans know that a two loss skid isn't the end of the world. Now if we start to pull a season changer like we did back in 06-07 then yeah its time so start freaking the F out. Not after two losses though. I got faith in our boys and HCGM that things will turn around!
    Not saying you're wrong, but probably not all right either. Just not sure about one who has only 30 posts and joined less than a year ago, calling out other posters as bandwagoners.

Comment

• Shocker-maniac
      Shocker-maniac commented
      Editing a comment
      Eww, harsh

• WichitaHawk
      WichitaHawk commented
      Editing a comment
      What Shocker-maniac said. I've been here since 2009 but created a new account. Been a fan ever since the days my cousin took me games when she was a student cheering on Jason Perez! Back then we sucked and not many people came to the games but I fell in love with the game at a young age back then. Not a bandwagoner here. I love the shockers! Just saying I really hate when people tend to meltdown after two losses.

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn't remember that you started a new account, so I take back my second comment. My apologies. I got to see Warren (Armstrong) Jabali when I was in high school and have gone regularly since the days of Terry Benton. I'll stand by my first comment.

So if we literally do not win another game this whole season and go 0-11, we might still make the NIT with an approximate RPI around 90?

:)

Comment

• Topshock
      Topshock commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't think we will make it at 90.

While I’m sitting around imagining scenarios, here’s another guaranteed scenario that you might as well start planning for right now.

3-6 seeded WSU plays 11-14 seeded MVC team in 1st round.

I’m calling it right now. It’s UNI, who went 6-12 in the MVC and made a run straight from Thursday all the way to the Dance.
    WSU wins by 18 after a horrible 1st half but UNI fouls everybody out midway through the 2nd half since there are real officials who don’t fall for flopping in the NCAA tourney.

oh and the MVC championship at arch madness will be UNI-Drake. Tens of fans will witness it live.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
      Looking at who even can come back next year, I’d say it’s pretty critical that Shamet, McDuffie and Reaves do not leave. Imagine the inexperience if 1 or 2 of those guys is gone. We better schedule an MVC style non-con :)
      Why would Reaves leave?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Why would Reaves leave?
        I think he’s just saying that these 3 are the core for next year and we really need (want) them all to come back.

Comment

Where has SHJ gone?

Comment

Keyser is the only one I could take the innuendo's would apply to.
            I think he has a bigger role next year with the departing seniors and Landry potentially leaving.

Comment

I haven’t heard the coach’s show...but, it does sound like a lot of people are over-reacting. Coach has a temper and is passionate. He’s obviously VERY disturbed with how this team is playing and how he is coaching. It hasn’t been a stellar year by any standard (except for a pretty gaudy record—without a win against a real quality opponent). Yes, expectations were high (and they should have been). However, we’ve had multiple disappointments over the last few years. I think coach is as let down as any of us...and it is showing. Sarcams can sometimes be misconstrued over the radio as well. Things have to change.

I don’t think Landry is going anywhere after this year. He is NOT pro-ready. MM certainly isn’t either—-not even close at this moment.

IF anyone leaves, I think it will be CJ. I can’t say that I’ll be all that disappointed if it is so. Coach should do all he can to make sure Mittgaard stays. AR would be silly to leave (and I see no indication that he’s thinking about that).

And yes, Barney should play more minutes. I’m only basing that on what he does on the floor during games (in mop-up minutes). I have no idea how he performs in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                I haven’t heard the coach’s show...but, it does sound like a lot of people are over-reacting. Coach has a temper and is passionate. He’s obviously VERY disturbed with how this team is playing and how he is coaching. It hasn’t been a stellar year by any standard (except for a pretty gaudy record—without a win against a real quality opponent). Yes, expectations were high (and they should have been). However, we’ve had multiple disappointments over the last few years. I think coach is as let down as any of us...and it is showing. Sarcams can sometimes be misconstrued over the radio as well. Things have to change.

I don’t think Landry is going anywhere after this year. He is NOT pro-ready. MM certainly isn’t either—-not even close at this moment.

IF anyone leaves, I think it will be CJ. I can’t say that I’ll be all that disappointed if it is so. Coach should do all he can to make sure Mittgaard stays. AR would be silly to leave (and I see no indication that he’s thinking about that).

And yes, Barney should play more minutes. I’m only basing that on what he does on the floor during games (in mop-up minutes). I have no idea how he performs in practice.
                Then listen. After two consecutive losses, CGM was totally composed, honest, and positive. There was no edge in what he said or how he said it. Anyone saying anything negative about this interview is just someone who is trying to create drama and negativity around the basketball program. He wasn’t saying anyone was going to leave ( in fact he said the 6 recruits they had signed were all they were planning to sign)but he was saying there is always a possibility that someone may leave and they needed to be ready.

Comment

• shoxlax
                  shoxlax commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Shockm feel free to post more often. Your reasoning and calmness is much needed on this board

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Then listen. After two consecutive losses, CGM was totally composed, honest, and positive. There was no edge in what he said or how he said it. Anyone saying anything negative about this interview is just someone who is trying to create drama and negativity around the basketball program. He wasn’t saying anyone was going to leave ( in fact he said the 6 recruits they had signed were all they were planning to sign)but he was saying there is always a possibility that someone may leave and they needed to be ready.
                It isn’t negative to say that players may leave...after all, we’ve had players leave after nearly every season over the past several years. I fully expect a player or two to leave after every year. Coach isn’t Always composed and positive...we’ve all seen and heard him when he isn’t. I think he’s a great Coach—one of the top 5 coaches in the country. He, admitted just the other day that he had work to do as a Coach...and that certainly the team needed work. It’s not “negative” to remember his own words. I don’t think anyone here is “trying to create cram and negativity”. Fans have different ways of expressing their love for the team and their concerns. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Comment

Listen...........about the 27 minute mark......

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    Where has SHJ gone?
                    To the bench.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I haven’t listened to the show but I’m going to go ahead and type a bunch of blah blah blah based on what other people who didn’t listen to the show are saying.

-SN posters

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        I haven’t listened to the show but I’m going to go ahead and type a bunch of blah blah blah based on what other people who didn’t listen to the show are saying.

-SN posters
                        I proudly consider myself a big part of the problem

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

-SN posters
                          The “blah, blah, blah” is not solely based on things HCGM has said on his radio show...but also on other comments he has made at other times. And some of it is just basic common sense and evaluations made from following Shocker basketball for nearly 4 decades.

Comment

Working...
                          X