Just stay home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just stay home...

If you are one of the fans that booed the team in the second half against UTA then you just need to stay home and watch whatever instate team you are really a fan of. To boo these kids for busting their butts every day of the week in preperation for a game for YOU to watch is rediculous! Until you are in basketball shape and out there making the decisions on the fly and making the shots, pleas just keep your boos to yourself. IF this was an NBA team or any other PROFESSIONAL team then the booing would be somewhat acceptable, but not a college team...do any of you go to High School games and boo your kid's team when they make a couple bad decisions or miss a couple shots??? Please, if you are going to have the attitude of booing this team just stay home, most likely you are the ones that just sit on your hands anyways. For those of you that stayed the entire game and cheered your butts off trying to get the boys going...THANK YOU!
    -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Slow your roll there buddy, the only boo-birds in Section 110 were directing their scorn at missed calls by the refs.

I doubt the boos you heard were directed at the team.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

I didn't hear any boos at the team. I think everyone took a shot at booing the refs though. Where the hell were you sitting exactly? Maybe somebody sitting in the area can chime in on this...???

Comment

I figured they were directed to the refs, and then switched to the UTA players after they were pumping up the crowd.

Comment

There were no boos directed at our players.

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
            There were no boos directed at our players.
            I agree. Nobody booed the Shocks. The boos were directed at the refs and at a particular UTA player (32?).
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

There were alot of moans while we were shooting a billion 3's, but not boo's.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I agree, I heard nothing directed to any Shockers. I have heard criticism of players on the radio. While these kids are under scholarship to play here, they are far from professionals. Anybody directing those criticisms to Kennedy or HCGM on the coach's show on Monday will need to be slapped.

Comment

I heard some rumblings and grumblings but it was like, "Stop settling for the outside shot" and "keep pounding it down low" but no booing of specific players or the team. The refs and a couple of the Arlington players... yes. How about the display the Arlington players put on after the game? I was kind of ashamed of the student section for giving the finger to the refs and Arlington players.
                  Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Re: Just stay home...

Originally posted by Slalomshocker
                    If you are one of the fans that booed the team in the second half against UTA then you just need to stay home and watch whatever instate team you are really a fan of. To boo these kids for busting their butts every day of the week in preperation for a game for YOU to watch is rediculous! Until you are in basketball shape and out there making the decisions on the fly and making the shots, pleas just keep your boos to yourself. IF this was an NBA team or any other PROFESSIONAL team then the booing would be somewhat acceptable, but not a college team...do any of you go to High School games and boo your kid's team when they make a couple bad decisions or miss a couple shots??? Please, if you are going to have the attitude of booing this team just stay home, most likely you are the ones that just sit on your hands anyways. For those of you that stayed the entire game and cheered your butts off trying to get the boys going...THANK YOU!
                    Maybe you out to see about getting a clue and actually go to the game Mr Super Shox. There is no way if you were at the game you would have thought the fans were booing the Shocker players. Didn't happen.

Only Boo's anybody got was the Refs and maybe the other team when after they p'd on WSU floor after their celebration.

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller
                      I heard some rumblings and grumblings but it was like, "Stop settling for the outside shot" and "keep pounding it down low" but no booing of specific players or the team. The refs and a couple of the Arlington players... yes. How about the display the Arlington players put on after the game? I was kind of ashamed of the student section for giving the finger to the refs and Arlington players.
                      That is pretty low-class if that really happened.

Comment

I think a couple fans in the student section did that. Sitting with them, I could not tell if this was common or not but I hope it wasn't. The refs did seem to call very minor contact at some points in the game and ignore hard contact at other points. I'm waiting for one of the SN refs to step in and point out how difficult it is to referee basketball games. ;-) :lol:
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

There were no boos directed at our players, just refs.

This is a non-subject.

Comment

i would have poured my drink all over uta or the referees for at least not reviewing the time left on the clock at the end of the game if the tarp wasn't over the tunnel, haha, because:

1) uta acted like they had never won before.
                            2) when the ball went out of bounds and the referee blew the whistle, i looked up real quick, and the scoreboard showed 0.7 - it was worth a look.
                            3) i didn't see our guys beating their chests when we won at lsu or syracuse last year.

sure hope that officiating crew doesn't come back.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                              I think a couple fans in the student section did that. Sitting with them, I could not tell if this was common or not but I hope it wasn't. The refs did seem to call very minor contact at some points in the game and ignore hard contact at other points. I'm waiting for one of the SN refs to step in and point out how difficult it is to referee basketball games. ;-) :lol:
                              Just for you......It can be. :D

I wasn't at the game or able to listen to it, but I've heard complaints from some of those who were there. The biggest issue with them was not reviewing the clock when the ball went out. They too thought there was about a second left.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X