Just stay home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazztrane
    If you wanna get on the fans about something, what's with the stopping clapping at the beginning of the game and second half? It seems anytime WSU misses a shot, the ball goes out of bounds, or whatever, everyone stops clapping. I remember back in the Cohen years when all 4000 of us (actual attendance) who were there would sometimes clap through the first TV timeout because WSU hadn't scored yet, and we didn't take a break or stop for anything. Now sometimes I feel like I'm the only one clapping?!? Anyone else feel that way?

When you have a crowd of just that many, you know it's all people who really want to be there. Any program has only so many hardcore fans, and anything over that is casual fans.

I remember a couple of years ago we played Florida and it was solid ice out in Fayetteville, most of the streets were impassable at gametime in the early afternoon. I walked to the Arena since I only live a couple of miles away. There was only 9-10,000 fans there but it was as loud as if there were 20,000, because it was all fans that really wanted to be there.

Comment

8,000 screaming fans out of 8,000 total will probably be louder than 8,000 screaming fans out of 10,500 total. 2,500 soft, quiet bodies absorb more sound than 2,500 hard, empty seats.

Comment

There was a blonde in front of me the other night. With the hardbody she had, she must not have been absorbing any noise at all.

Comment

From a friend in the pep band.

"How do you get a professional trombone player off of your porch?

Pay him for the pizza."
          :D
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

The people who need to stay home are the ones who live to complain...whether it be complaining about people booing, people yelling too loud, people clapping too much, not clapping enough, people standing too much, sitting too much...seriously, it's getting old. If all you can do is complain, just stay home that way what other people do won't bother you. Sorry, now I'm getting caught up in the complaining triangle, I'm complaining about poeple who complain too much. But seriously all this crying and complaining....all this hey look at me I'm important I have something to complain about is getting pretty damn old.

Comment

Working...
            X