No announcement yet.

Just stay home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off SB I WAS at the game and havent missed a home game in my 5 years at WSU, I was sitting on the front row in section 116, and when we shot 3-4 3's in a row on one possession there were boos, and they couldnt have been directed at the refs or UTA seeins how the only thing going on was us shooting the 3. I am not the only one who hear them either, the 4 people I was with all made comments about it at the game and we discussed it.

So NUMBER ONE- SB dont accuse me of NOT being at the game when I show up 2-3 hrs before the DOORS OPEN for every single game, Second... I will say that yes there were students flipping off the refs and UTA and yes it was classless, but so is booing our team for shooting the basketball
    -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by InWuWeTrust
      i would have poured my drink all over uta or the referees for at least not reviewing the time left on the clock at the end of the game if the tarp wasn't over the tunnel, haha, because:

1) uta acted like they had never won before.
      2) when the ball went out of bounds and the referee blew the whistle, i looked up real quick, and the scoreboard showed 0.7 - it was worth a look.
      3) i didn't see our guys beating their chests when we won at lsu or syracuse last year.

sure hope that officiating crew doesn't come back.

I'm pretty much 100% positive we will see those refs again, considering they were Valley refs.

Comment

There were boos at our players in my section and i was extremely disappointed in those fans. Our players were obviously giving max effort, which by the way Coach guaranteed they would, and I have been extremely pleased with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slalomshocker
          First off SB I WAS at the game and havent missed a home game in my 5 years at WSU, I was sitting on the front row in section 116, and when we shot 3-4 3's in a row on one possession there were boos, and they couldnt have been directed at the refs or UTA seeins how the only thing going on was us shooting the 3. I am not the only one who hear them either, the 4 people I was with all made comments about it at the game and we discussed it.

So NUMBER ONE- SB dont accuse me of NOT being at the game when I show up 2-3 hrs before the DOORS OPEN for every single game, Second... I will say that yes there were students flipping off the refs and UTA and yes it was classless, but so is booing our team for shooting the basketball
          I'll throw this out there, and I am sure there will be those that disagree. Since you said sec 116, one of the student sections I believe, is that the while the students are usually good part of who generate some noise at the games. They just don't seem as knowledgable (sp?) of the game as the students that were there when I was attending school.

I was there during the end of the Thompson era through the early Turgeon era, when it wasn't the "in thing" at WSU to go the b-ball game. Me and my friends would go 2-3 hours early and sit in the stadium and watch the early pre-game warm ups, shoot arounds, and joke with the players. We'd even talk to the opposing players in some cases...I digress. My point was going to be that alot, certainly not all by any means, of the students are there just to be seen, and do not have a grasp on the college game beyond what ESPN tells them. So, while not justifying the booing, I think that it was they just don't get the game.

my 2 cents

Comment

So NUMBER ONE- SB dont accuse me of NOT being at the game when I show up 2-3 hrs before the DOORS OPEN for every single game,
            Woo, Hoo. You are Super-Shox Fan. Let me bow down to you -- Not

What are you like the janitor? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

but so is booing our team for shooting the basketball
            I think based on the overwhelming response to this point has shown that the fans were not booing WSU players.

Comment

Im there too for 2-3 hours before the doors open, and i sit in the front row in sec 117, and the student show up has been horrible this year, i remember last year you had to get there about noon to get good seats, now i get there a couple hours and there is all 5 of us.
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

in the second half there was one time when fans booed after yet another position wasted by a missed 3. everyone was getting sick of us shooting 3's cause we just weren't making any.

thats the only time i remember people were semi-booing at the players... or maybe the coach..
                veni, vidi, vici

Comment

seriously, how could you possibly want to boo your own team. we just had an off night from beyond the ark.
                  shooters have to keep shooting, so you cant get mad at gal, matt, or jt for shooting because Marshall told them too
                  "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                  Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

I hope this did not happen and I didn't hear any boos on the radio. The only time I would ever consider booing WSU players is if they showed a lack of effort. And that didn't seem to be the case on Friday.

Comment

Yeah, it happened. We weren't sitting in our usual seats so I dunno whether it's happened before or not. It was scattered, and not terribly loud, but it happened. I didn't care for it, but I guess I disagree with most of you about the "free speech" issue.

Comment

i heard boos, but it was directed towards the refs
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

"The biggest issue with them was not reviewing the clock when the ball went out. They too thought there was about a second left."

I agree with this. If the refs did not review the last play to determine if there was any time left after the out-of-bounds wistle, then they were definitely remiss and I'm suprised I haven't heard more earnest discussion about this. It should be a matter of course for the refs to review time left in situations like this - like they do during high-profile games on ESPN.

I'll be curious if HCGM mentions this aspect during the coaches show later.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushockerdude
                            seriously, how could you possibly want to boo your own team. we just had an off night from beyond the ark.
                            shooters have to keep shooting, so you cant get mad at gal, matt, or jt for shooting because Marshall told them too
                            Sure but sometimes it isn't your night shooting the ball and you need to at least LOOK to go inside for some points.. I only saw that a couple of times late in the game.

If Greg keeps this philosophy that we just keep shooting all game even if we are missing I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of zones this year and it won't be pretty. I still feel this is an average shooting team. We really miss a certain player with bigtime shooting ability.

Comment

The problem is that when WSU is not shooting well teams are going to pack it in making it very difficult to get the ball inside. I'm sure they did look inside. Besides, I do not remember Kennedy saying players took bad shots – they just were not falling. It is easy to say – "they need to get the ball inside" but executing (under the circumstances on Friday) is an entirely different matter.

Frankly, this is the problem that SIU has been having all year. They cannot shoot a lick and teams simply are not going to let them pound it inside all day long.

The one positive from Friday is that WSU was actually winning late in the game – which indicates to me the team played hard – so I cannot be that mad at the players or Marshall. WSU will probably see a lot of zone going forward. However, MB, Mekel, PJ, Durley, Ellis and, yes, even Griskenas are pretty good shooters. I do not think it is likely that everyone of them will have an off night like they did on Friday, again.

Comment

IIRC I don't know that I heard boos over the usual groans, at least around me. After about the 5th consecutive 3 miss, and Durley taking 3 quick ones, the fans groaned but I don't remember hearing any boos. As has been said all but a couple were good, open looks, and just didn't drop. A couple of JT's were early in the shock clock & defended, but other than that I can't think of one shot I'd fault anyone for taking.

Comment

Working...
                                X