No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Florida Gulf Coast Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference play gonna be real ugly unless the Shocks shake off whatever ails them the past few games. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if our long-awaited AAC debut goes over with a similar thud to AM hitting the floor tonight. We’re barely squeaking by mid-level MVC-type schools at home right now.

I’ll be delighted to eat crow if I’m wrong, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
      And the streak continues.
      I was wondering about this. So for purpose of the streak, we don’t count games not suited up for?

Comment

• According to kenpom...

FGCU would be the eighth best team in the MVC.

Arky State would be the worst team.

Sout Dahkotah State would be third.

Now, we’re getting ready to play...

Away at what would be the fourth best team in the MVC, only with actual talent, fans, and program pride.

And...

The next home game is against a program that would be the best in the MVC by a margin of 36 slots in KP; however, in our new conference they’re just above-average.

It goin’ to get ugly real quick-like, unless a come-to-Jesus happens.
        Last edited by SHOCKvalue; December 22, 2017, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• What in the hell is this teams identity? Seriously? What is our MO?

We’re certainly not a good defensive team.

We’re certainly not a good shooting team, let alone three point shooting team.

We certainly don’t take care of the ball.

Honest to God, this team- THAT IS RIDDLED with talent, needs to figure out who they are.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread, but has our depth become a curse? I’m of the opinion that shortening the bench certainly couldn’t hurt us.

1- LS
          2- CF
          3- MM
          4- SM
          5- DW

Honest to God, sometimes it feels like DW is the only one on this team that looks to score. My wife and I used to make fun of his inability to pass; now I SAVOR this shot hunger. Shaq just needs to fricken go— not threes, just go.

6- ZB
          7- RK
          8- AR
          9- RN

I love RK’s rebounds more than anyone, but him and ZB are essentially completely useless on offense. SHJ is a +++ JUCO player, a ++ player aginast RPI 200-300, an + player against RPI 100-200, and should see no more than 8 minutes a game against NCAA tournament teams.

Sorry for the vent, guys. Look forward to this team putting it together. I sincerely do not envy Gregg Marshall... he’s got his hands full.

Merry Christmas to all!

Comment

• I'm going to "go there". How often do you hear of players getting migraines? Not often. Frankamp gets a game off because he had a migraine. Unusual, but it can happen. This does not set off any red flags or alarm bells at all. Frankamp went through the shoot around and then removed himself from the game.

I'm good with that.

Then tonight Morris shows up for shoot around in street clothes. Says he's got a migraine. Shaq's already seen that's a way to get a night off, so at the next game, he's got a migraine. One migraine - that happens. Two in a row - that's about a 1 in 100,000 chance and sets off all sorts of alarm bells. Maybe he did have a migraine. His game certainly looked like he was playing with one. I'm not buying it. I think Shaq wanted a night off.

Maybe it's just too much work to play two games a week and practice in between. I have no idea how hard it is to drag 280 pounds up and down the court. Maybe he really struggles to do that.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• This team is just so damn frustrating to watch right now. As I sat there watching the game, I was just thinking how badly I wanted it to end because it seriously was giving me a headache.

I'm just thankful that we have 7 days off til the next one.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I too am adjusting expectations. Ya I know MM isn't 100% but he isn't the cause to what we're seeing right now. There's a multitude of things going on.

I'm hoping for Top 3 in the AAC with a 7-10 seed (again) come NCAA time. Maybe by then, we'll find something and go crazy.

Just so weird that this level of play is occurring with the EXACT same personnel as last year. It's gotta be game planning/assistant coaching. And that isn't gonna get fixed.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm just baffled how WSU being one of the best defensive teams in the nation since 3G came to town is suddenly not so good on defense this year and finding themselves playing catch up to teams that would finish 8th in the Valley. It absolutely has to new rule changes and the bad refs or something along those lines. Gregg built his legacy here off fans watching games, realizing the shox were not going to win shootouts or athlete other teams while the team played ferocious defense and played hard till the end. This years team resembles none of that. Nothing at all.

Comment

• The silver lining is we’ve been great on the road. Maybe the meh play has been some sort of anxiety or pressure of dealing with playing in front of the home fans...one can hope.

Comment

• Get real-time COLLEGEBASKETBALL basketball coverage and scores as Florida Gulf Coast Eagles takes on Wichita State Shockers. We bring you the latest game previews, live stats, and recaps on CBSSports.com

Nurger with 6 minutes. 6?

Comment

• Topshock
                        Topshock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And that was 6 too many tonight!

• I’m of the mind that we really miss our old assistants. It’s the only thing that’s changed, other than McDuffie being out.

Comment

• A win. 10-2. OU certainly looking like world beaters right now.

All that said, we look very disjointed on offense and defense. Landry can't really guard one on one. Whatever our scheme is on switching/helping the dribble drive we are not executing it and we need to try something different with our personnel.

This team would lose by 12 to last year's squad on a neutral floor...and it is the same damn players! I really don't get it. This does not look like a team ready to go on the road to a mid pack conference opponent with a ton of pride and a coach on the hot seat.

This also the part of the year where I have to tell JTShaq Durleymorris to lead, follow or get out of the way. He should have eaten their bigs' lunch.

I have been down on Willis, but at least he believes in himself. A little too much sometimes.

These guys may need some positive reinforcement, yoga, or something different, because what we are doing is not yielding good results. Luckily we have a ton of talent.

We are 10-2 and ranked 11th, but I feel like we are underachieving.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Did Gregg pass your stroke test tonight?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            It did not seem to me Nurger was having a good night on either side of the court. On nights he does play well, it is not rare he gets around 19 minutes. Yes, he made a 3-pointer, but had no rebounds and 3 fouls and seemed a step slow tonight on defense from my vantage point. Other nights when he is on his game, he will get in there, but MM will be working hard to earn as many minutes as possible now and we can now go 10 deep at least in many games it now seems.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                              We are 10-2 and ranked 11th, but I feel like we are underachieving.
                              I think we should enjoy having a number next to our name for the next couple of weeks while it’s still there.

2006-2007 v2.0 coming down the pike, barring a serious change in tone.

Comment

Working...
                              X