WSU Versus Florida Gulf Coast Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
    Note to HCGM, don't take anymore chances on players like Shaq. There's a lot a coach can teach a player, but I'm a firm believer you cannot teach/train motivation. Shaq's uncanny ability to totally go into LaLa Land mode hurts this team. Perhaps I've been spoiled, you never saw behavior like that from Ron, Fred, or Tekele just to name a few. You'd figure in his Senior season with the team in a much brighter spotlight would be motivation enough. Oh well, I'll hold out hope he's dealing with some personal distraction that he'll soon get resolved.
    We aren't where we are without Shaq. I am as unhappy with his play as anyone, but I would take a Shaq every class.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
      When we got up 13, Marshall thought this was going to be a pounding and put in AM and CJ. This was a huge mistake as it lead to a come back and boost in confidence for FGC. Also, I think CF needs more than 17 minutes. We need the CF from the Missouri Valley tournament last year. That consistent threat to score from anywhere on the court.
      AM had a +/- of -4 but CJ was a +7.

The next time CF goes off and scores at will, I hope that SNers will not jinx him by saying "he's back." I'd like to have the good CF more often than we're getting him.
      CONNER CAREER
      All Games Games 3FGM 3FGA 3-Pct
      Above Avg % 44 110 206 0.534
      Below Avg % 50 36 171 0.211
      Did not shoot 7 0 0 0.000
      Did not Play 1 DNP DNP
      Totals 102 146 377 0.387
      WSU Only Games 3FGM 3FGA 3-Pct
      Above Avg % 38 100 189 0.529
      Below Avg % 37 31 140 0.221
      Did not shoot 0
      Did not Play 1
      Totals 76 131 329 0.398
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        I would like our offense to run something for him that gets him an open shot... but i will take the once a game Blobb play because that seems to be the limit to our creativity.

• giphy.gif

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
        When we got up 13, Marshall thought this was going to be a pounding and put in AM and CJ. This was a huge mistake as it lead to a come back and boost in confidence for FGC. Also, I think CF needs more than 17 minutes. We need the CF from the Missouri Valley tournament last year. That consistent threat to score from anywhere on the court.
        AM certainly didn’t give us much last night—-neither did Nurger or CJ. BUT, at that time when coach was doing all the subbing, there was a need for some breaks. There was one stretch when about 3:30-4:00 of basketball was played without a whistle or stoppage. The guys looked gassed. Subs were needed. We just didn’t get the production out of them (or some of the starters as well).

Comment

• RN seldom has a sub par game and always plays with energy. Didn't play much last night so
          he didn't get much of a chance to do a lot. If Shaq doesn't show some energy I'd prefer RN or DW
          at the post - especially since MM is returning. On the good side Shaq did have five blocks last
          night.

Comment

Working...
          X