No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Florida Gulf Coast Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another double digit home win....

we have a lot of work to do before UCONN

Comment

• They are a very good 7-7 team...and I’m very relieved that the Shockers are now a 10-2 team. Gotta play better from here on out...let the AAC begin.
      Last edited by Singeril; December 22, 2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Don’t know how many more of these type of games I can take. Think I better go check my blood pressure

Comment

• We seem to have made the transition from playing like our hair is on Fire to playing like are hemorrhoids are on fire. Let's smeer on the Prep H and get ready for the American!

Comment

• Still beats Valley crap.

Comment

• We played better in the last couple of minutes than we did the whole game. Good thing is the team stuck it out and came away with the win.

Now we are going to see just how good we are once conference play begins.

Comment

• My liver will not survive the season if we keep playing like this.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to get another beer.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• 1. GM did a nice job subbing the last seven minutes
                  2. FGCU will make the big dance so this is an ugly win but a good one nonetheless
                  3. DW and SJ contributing
                  4. NONE of our guards could guard theirs and our bigs don't stay home to protect the rim
                  5. LS and CF work well together
                  6. Other than not being able to control their guards the defense was pretty good
                  7. Still no post up offense to speak of
                  8. I just don't like our centers defending so far up top leaving the paint open
                  9. CF, like last year, will find his shot. That plus MM will mean we will be getting better and better

Comment

• It was kewl to hear the crowd welcome MM back in style. When he gets all calibrated, watch out!! The 1st half we had around a 13 point lead but allowed them back in the game with 2nd shot opportunities. Yes, we shot frigid night shooting from the field under 40%. We really outscored the Eagles with way more throws but our 15 turnovers were too many. LS led us again with 23 points and Willis gets another double double. Our bench outscored their bench as always this Season thus far. but we only rebounded them by 4. Good to see CF make the big 3 at the end thanks to one of LS assists. I say that because in the first half his shots kept rimming out. I'll take 10-2 with Duff now back at this juncture
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      1. GM did a nice job subbing the last seven minutes
                      2. FGCU will make the big dance so this is an ugly win but a good one nonetheless
                      4. NONE of our guards could guard theirs and our bigs don't stay home to protect the rim
                      6. Other than not being able to control their guards the defense was pretty good
                      9. CF, like last year, will find his shot. That plus MM will mean we will be getting better and better
                      On point 1, 3G just said he might have went to deep with his bench. I wanted us to route them tonight so we could get AM and CJ even more minutes but we had still another struggle that disallowed that.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• asiseeit
                        asiseeit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        not the last 7 mins

• I'm thinking that some of the players aren't as excited and energized to be playiong the game as they were before this year.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        1. GM did a nice job subbing the last seven minutes
                        Will this be a common theme this year? Is this the Shox's achilles heel? Not being able to contain quick and athletic guards this year?

Comment

• We need to stop pretending that we played (and struggled against a super tough schedule). None of our buy games are the best team in their conference according to KenPom. 0. Gregg has said it, Mike Kennedy said, some on this board has said it. Our schedule is projected to be around the 90 non-con SoS and it’s dropping basically every day.

That’s not to say that the teams we played are pitiful. They’re decent, solid buy games. But it wasn’t the gauntlet it was projected to be before the season started.

Comment

• There are too, too many head scratching plays.
                            I agree with HCGM that he went too deep too quickly.
                            DW making an argument for primary big.
                            Great to see MM out there but he still wears roller skates.
                            Gonna have to learn the names of these new officials so I can get more personal.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I can't critique a team that plays with effort like we did tonight, but, one minor tactical adjustment could possibly aid in overall efficiency going foward; Whoever is playing the point, doesn't matter, when they throw the ball to Zach on the wing, please don't run to the other side of the court, leaving Zach alone on the wing with the ball in his hands. This strategy could apply to other players in the half court as well. The ball freezes too much in some of our sets it seems.

Comment

Working...
                              X