• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
    Sarcasm?
    lol yes. I cant stand that Jawcawk loving cuck. Will Cuckle

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Apparently Zach Brown addressed the team in the locker room and asked them if they really wanted to be known as Marshall's worst defensive team ever ... because that is where they were headed.
      ZB1 has been quiet these last few games. Think he was in double digits against SDSU but hasn't been much of a scorer in the last 4 or 5 games. His offensive game will be the difference maker for us

Comment

• One cannot but appreciate the gutsy way that Reeves plays the game. But with his history of his injured shoulder(s), he is absolutely the last - repeat the last, player on our team who should ever take a charge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
          In regards to GGG, the ref and the handshake line. Refs lost control of the game, not in the sense of players being too physical, but between themselves and the coaches. They made some bad calls, missed some easy calls. But other than the potentially blown goal tend call that was a huge call had Ark St received the benefit, I don't think they blew anything to the point of Marshall needing to go after the ref multiple times during a timeout. I was disappointed that coach ripped Shaq for his T and then proceeded to get one himself for what I have to assume to be selfish reasons as his team was not in need of being fired up, there was no egregious call/no call, and we had a slim lead at the time. Thats between he and Shaq though.

Now, what I was VERY disappointed in was Coach blowing off the handshake line to try and chase down the official. He started in on that before he even reached their HC. I was curious how the handshake would be as I didn't see all of the interaction between the 2 coaches when everything was heated. From what I saw he briefly told their HC good game and motioned towards the official like 'hey, you did great but I need to go catch this guy' and he essentially blew off everyone after that. You owe it to the opposing team that just made you and your team work your tails off to shake their hands. There was NOTHING to gain by going after that official again. NOTHING. You have a problem with him, you go through the channels and call the league office. Pretty simple. After the horn sounded he needed to let it go and be respectful to the game and the players. This is just another in what is becoming a long line of GGG not representing the team and University like I would expect a top coach to do. Love coach, love what he has built. But at some point he has to knock off this crap.

Go ahead and flame away, I'm sure I'm 'just too sensitive' but as a SASO donor for quite some time and an active supporter of the program...I'm entitled to my opinion.
          Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxHailGGG View Post

ZB1 has been quiet these last few games. Think he was in double digits against SDSU but hasn't been much of a scorer in the last 4 or 5 games. His offensive game will be the difference maker for us
            With McDuffie coming back ..I couldn't care less about Brown's offensive game. He needs to get his defensive game back. He's getting tossed all over the place and getting beat the last few games (since his knee injury). That is 100% the most critical thing we need from him. We have enough offensive weapons.

Comment

You obviously have no clue what you’re talking about.

Half brother Dan gets banned and magically this poster returns from the ashes.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You obviously have no clue what you’re talking about.

Half brother Dan gets banned and magically this poster returns from the ashes.
                Who is Half Brother Dan?

I work out of town doing construction for months at a time and am off for the holidays, so calm down Bri

Comment

Offense has not been our problem. We're scoring quite well basically against every opponent. We don't need Zach on offense, we need him (and everyone else) to step up on defense.

Comment

Who is Half Brother Dan?

I work out of town doing construction for months at a time and am off for the holidays, so calm down Bri
                    So lame.

Youre under heavy surveillance. Don’t slip up.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post

Offense has not been our problem. We're scoring quite well basically against every opponent. We don't need Zach on offense, we need him (and everyone else) to step up on defense.
                      Yeah thats what I ment. I was thinking if some buckets start falling for him he would have some confidence which would translate to the defensive end of the floor. But hey I guess I'm just a no-nothing troll right?

Comment

• ShockerPhi
                        ShockerPhi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Know-nothing*

• Card carrying member of drywall hangers union?
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• OregonShocker
                        OregonShocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ouch

• Shocker-maniac
                        Shocker-maniac commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just joshing

• ShockerFever
                        ShockerFever commented
                        Editing a comment
                        LOL. Nicely played.

I bet the guy has no clue what you’re talking about either.

• From what I have witnessed over his career, ZB will start off strong, then around now for a few weeks he goes a bit quiet. Then after a couple weeks into conference play he comes back with a force and we start rolling. ZB will make his presence known when the rubber hits the road. I'd bet my house on it.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• If Paul Miller was "Fifi" for 3 years, do we have a name for this year's defensive effort?
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• proshox
                          proshox commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The effort is there... I just think we are over playing everything which leads to open shots.

• Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
                        In regards to GGG, the ref and the handshake line. Refs lost control of the game, not in the sense of players being too physical, but between themselves and the coaches. They made some bad calls, missed some easy calls. But other than the potentially blown goal tend call that was a huge call had Ark St received the benefit, I don't think they blew anything to the point of Marshall needing to go after the ref multiple times during a timeout. I was disappointed that coach ripped Shaq for his T and then proceeded to get one himself for what I have to assume to be selfish reasons as his team was not in need of being fired up, there was no egregious call/no call, and we had a slim lead at the time. Thats between he and Shaq though.

Now, what I was VERY disappointed in was Coach blowing off the handshake line to try and chase down the official. He started in on that before he even reached their HC. I was curious how the handshake would be as I didn't see all of the interaction between the 2 coaches when everything was heated. From what I saw he briefly told their HC good game and motioned towards the official like 'hey, you did great but I need to go catch this guy' and he essentially blew off everyone after that. You owe it to the opposing team that just made you and your team work your tails off to shake their hands. There was NOTHING to gain by going after that official again. NOTHING. You have a problem with him, you go through the channels and call the league office. Pretty simple. After the horn sounded he needed to let it go and be respectful to the game and the players. This is just another in what is becoming a long line of GGG not representing the team and University like I would expect a top coach to do. Love coach, love what he has built. But at some point he has to knock off this crap.

Go ahead and flame away, I'm sure I'm 'just too sensitive' but as a SASO donor for quite some time and an active supporter of the program...I'm entitled to my opinion.
                        From what I saw, at the game, the ref said something to Gregg as he was going through the handshake line, and Gregg reacted the way he did. I could be wrong about this and thought I saw something more than I did. But, if what I saw was correct, I don't think Gregg was out of line for saying something back.

There was a little bit of talking going on between the two coaching staffs. At one point during a time out, Kellen and what I assume are the rest of the GTA's on the staff were doing their normal watching the opposing team's huddle. The coaching staff from Ark State looked over and started talking, and at one point began walking towards the half court line before being separated.

Comment

• I think we just need to come to terms about the lack of defensive pieces on this year's team.

We don't have guys that are ball hawks. Our bigs are not especially good at a strong hedge than immediate return to their assignment.

I think the correct adjustment will be applying less pressure on the ball... especially on middle ball screens.

Comment

Working...
                          X