Arkansas State vs. Wichita State Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

I'm not declaring us the 250th worst team. But that IS the level we've played at. Arkansas State is the 259th best team in the country, and they walked into Koch Arena and took a half time lead.

And yes, I talk more when angry. I'm angry, and disgusted, at what I've seen the past 2 games. This is supposed to be a title worthy team, yet this is the most embarrassed I've felt as a Shocker fan in the entire Marshall tenure. I have every right to be angry when the Shockers melt down against Arkansas "worse than every team in the MVC by 50 ranks" State.
    I'm angry too, but I have faith we'll turn it around. Remember when we were all down on the 2013 team, and getting mad about Armstuds shot selection, etc? That team had issues too, and turned out to be one of the best Shocker teams in years.

I really think we need to start establishing the low post a lot better. 2013 & 2014 really made an effort to establish the post (especially 2014).

Comment

• Not this **** again
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• The problem is that our inability to defend the three is not just a one or two game thing or a rare occurrence. It is becoming routine. For the most part many, of our recent opponents shots are wide open.and unguarded. Our coaches need to find a solution to this and they need to do it quickly as conference play start very soon. This second half would be an ideal time to start.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
          The problem is that our inability to defend the three is not just a one or two game thing or a rare occurrence. It is becoming routine. For the most part many, of our recent opponents shots are wide open.and unguarded. Our coaches need to find a solution to this and they need to do it quickly as conference play start very soon. This second half would be an ideal time to start.
          I think more and more we're going to see teams and players that can launch from 25-30 feet effectively. This is the Steph Curry effect, and he and others like him have changed the game a LOT.

We're just seeing the beginning I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
            We're a target, time to get used to it.

These guys are playing out of their minds. We're getting MVC'd, and that should be a regular term around here. They won't sustain it, and we're gonna win by double digits.

We're literally getting everybody's best, and that not only prepares the guys for March, but also the coaching staff.
            Maybe we're a target, but Arkansas State came to Wichita armed with a pea shooter to go after that target. That pea shooter has us down 5. What's supposed to be a national title contender is down against a team in the bottom 1/3 of the 24th-ranked conference.

This is past embarrassing. This is starting to look like we're getting exposed for some real mental weakness.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I know HCGM is tired of play angry and it is a shame because this team needs that ****ing lesson.

Comment

I'm angry too, but I have faith we'll turn it around. Remember when we were all down on the 2013 team, and getting mad about Armstuds shot selection, etc? That team had issues too, and turned out to be one of the best Shocker teams in years.

I really think we need to start establishing the low post a lot better. 2013 & 2014 really made an effort to establish the post (especially 2014).
                In 2013 we lost to the #92 Kenpom team by 13 points, then the #68 team by 5, then the number 177 team by 2. This team is on pace to lose to the #259 team by 12, from a problem that we've seen in 7 of the last 8 games. I don't think the two situations are comparable.

Comment

• Shox will pull this out, but good grief..... GET ANGRY!!!!

Comment

• Passing is trash too.

Comment

Online espn3.

This is painful, and it's time to give up some drives and stop this ridiculous 3pt barrage. And pound it into Shaq and we don't wanna see no 8-9' jump hooks, I want to see the big fella take it RIGHT to the rack.
                      I literally don’t understand why we are doing anything but that.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                        Hyenas? More like an average household cat.
                        My cats are vastly meaner than this Shox team.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          Passing is trash too.
                          All season long.

Comment

• I see it completely differently. We keep applying tons of on ball pressure and overplaying everything. This allows guys to get to the lane and make plays if they don’t pee down their legs.

I don’t expect WSU to back off at all, but we should at least recognize the cause..:.

pressure is great if you get steals... this team doesn’t do that

Comment

• Somewhere the Drywall Hangars Union is having the last laugh

Comment

• I've wondered for a long time why they are such a slow starting first half team. I swear, 8 out of 10 games has us clawing out of hole at halftime.

Comment

Working...
                                X