Arkansas State vs. Wichita State Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're a target, time to get used to it.

These guys are playing out of their minds. We're getting MVC'd, and that should be a regular term around here. They won't sustain it, and we're gonna win by double digits.

We're literally getting everybody's best, and that not only prepares the guys for March, but also the coaching staff.

Comment

It’s Shamet time or shut up time!
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I blame Cold. Heavy dose of Karma for all the **** talking to the AAC folks lol
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

It’s not just the 3, we cannot defend the drive. The guys get in the paint at will, we have to double up and it leaves a wide open 3 pointer.

Comment

Arkansas is on a pace BELOW their season average for turnovers. Says a bit about the Shox D.

Arkansas State has 15 rebounds. Shox have 13.

We seem to really miss J.R. Simon and Zach Bush. This bunch of guys played a lot better when they was on the team. Since that's the only graduation loss, if it's not them, then we have a serious problem with the assistant coaches.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Evansville beat these guys.

Comment

Scrap the plan and make up new game plan on the fly. Our new strategy.

Comment

Embarrassing.

For the entire coaching staff and team. That is unacceptable.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by Root Angry View Post

Stop, just stop. Don't see you commenting much when things are clicking, but here you are ready to declare us the 250th best team.

I think we can mess these guys up if we pick up their lead guards man to man full court. Don't need to trap, or even get a steal Just make them work their asses off just to get it across the line. That'll wear on anybody's psyche.
                    I'm not declaring us the 250th worst team. But that IS the level we've played at. Arkansas State is the 259th best team in the country, and they walked into Koch Arena and took a half time lead.

And yes, I talk more when angry. I'm angry, and disgusted, at what I've seen the past 2 games. This is supposed to be a title worthy team, yet this is the most embarrassed I've felt as a Shocker fan in the entire Marshall tenure. I have every right to be angry when the Shockers melt down against Arkansas "worse than every team in the MVC by 50 ranks" State.

Comment

• Hopefully we will find out something about this Shocker team in the 2nd half. Just hope that something is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        Arkansas is on a pace BELOW their season average for turnovers. Says a bit about the Shox D.

Arkansas State has 15 rebounds. Shox have 13.

We seem to really miss J.R. Simon and Zach Bush. This bunch of guys played a lot better when they was on the team. Since that's the only graduation loss, if it's not them, then we have a serious problem with the assistant coaches.
                        What about the change in floor design.

Comment

• And we don't need to be calling any teams garbage. Every program struggles hard to be the best it can be based on its budget, fanbase, etc.

All of them are providing free rides to better these young men's lives with a college degree. I would say the programs that don't ever put players in the NBA are extremely valuable to the bigger picture since these guys are getting a college degree and able to better themselves for a great future.

Comment

• Hyenas? More like an average household cat.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                              Hyenas? More like an average household cat.
                              We play like Socks the cat. We play D like we have socks on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
                                We're a target, time to get used to it.

These guys are playing out of their minds. We're getting MVC'd, and that should be a regular term around here. They won't sustain it, and we're gonna win by double digits.

We're literally getting everybody's best, and that not only prepares the guys for March, but also the coaching staff.
                                It's true that we're getting everyones best shot, but that's not exactly new.

Last year we gave up an average of 62.6 points per game in the non conference, this year its at 70.5 so far not including tonight.
                                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                                X