No announcement yet.

2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU blew a grade A opportunity to force double OT and Tulane holds on 71-69.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Tulane wins the OT session over ECU 4-2.

Comment

• UNI and Evansville tied at the half in Evansville in a real track meet 21-21.

Comment

• Cincy comes back to beat Houston 80-70.

Reffing was terrible overall and both teams have legit complaints but I think Houston got the worst of it.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
            Cincy comes back to beat Houston 80-70.

Reffing was terrible overall and both teams have legit complaints but I think Houston got the worst of it.
            Agreed. And apparently Mick Cronin thought Cinci committed zero fouls in the second half. I swear he complained dramatically after every single foul called on them.

Comment

• #15 West Virginia loses by 16 (93-77) at Iowa State.

Comment

• Memphis wins at USF 84-72.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  #15 West Virginia loses by 16 (93-77) at Iowa State.

Another contribution to the beakers
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Texas was up on Texas Tech by 4 points with about 2 minutes left. Their PG got fouled on a 3, promptly missed all 3 throws, and fouled 35' from the basket - fouling out. Texas made 1/5 throws down the stretch and Tech got it to OT.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• UCF beats UConn 70-61.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        #15 West Virginia loses by 16 (93-77) at Iowa State.
                        Why is West Virginia even ranked anymore? That's now 3 losses in a row to unranked teams, and they've lost 5 of their last 6.

Comment

• ShockerPhi
                          ShockerPhi commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah I know, was more of just a comment. But before that loss to ISU, they lost 4 out of 5. I guess there's a terminal velocity of falling out of the rankings.

• ShockTalk
                          ShockTalk commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Keep in mind, that of their 5 losses, 3 were on the road with home games against KU and UK. Until the @ISU loss, their other 4 losses were to higher RPI teams than our best win, which was at home, by about 15 RPI spots. WV worst home loss is about 30 RPI spots higher than our loss to SMU. If they beat KSU at home, they will drop, but may not fall out.

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                          Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ShockerPhi, where would you have ranked them on Monday 1/29? Keep in mind they were 16-5, KenPom #15, 0 losses outside the KenPom top 30, and had wins over OU and Virginia (only team to beat the Cavaliers)

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post

Why is West Virginia even ranked anymore? That's now 3 losses in a row to unranked teams, and they've lost 5 of their last 6.
                        I think they'll drop out this week.

Especially if they lose to OU.

Comment

• Nice seeing Creighton getting boatraced.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• cincy- 23
                            uconn- 16

Comment

• Halftime

OSU - 46
                              Fruitcakes - 33

Comment

Working...