No announcement yet.

2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinci looks beatable. Offense is not impressive. SMU might be playing a few kids from the student section, and Cinci is shooting about as well as my wife.

Comment

• WichitaStateGuy
      WichitaStateGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      FWIW, my wife has the hand-eye coordination of a snake.

• Cincy defense is awfully damned good. They look like a #1 seed to me because of it.

Comment

• Cincy is tough. Will be a great game.

Comment

• Cincy is some grown ass men. I will be doing backflips if we can beat them once....and I love our team

Comment

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          No doubt. They are fantastic and other worldly on defense. Plenty good enough on offense considering the D. They're well coached, play championship D, are BIG and tough as freaking nails and they have more than 1 guy that can go get a bucket when they need it. There's nobody they can't guard, and nobody they can't beat. A split would be fantastic, and a sweep is a protected seed, for both teams.

• WichitaStateGuy
          WichitaStateGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          Great insight, WuDrWu -- Always appreciate your comments!

• They could jump to #2

Comment

• I'm skeptical... they've only beaten Buffalo, and some conference foes.... I'm optimistic.

Curious what kind of game you think the Shox should counter that defense with? Would you want to slow the game down, or speed it up?

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
            I'm skeptical... they've only beaten Buffalo, and some conference foes.... I'm optimistic.

Curious what kind of game you think the Shox should counter that defense with? Would you want to slow the game down, or speed it up?
            Their SOS sucks but that doesn't mean they aren't good. SMU is overwhelmed today without some key starters (Hi Shakey), but they were going down anyways.

Cincinnati is SIU mid-2000's with better athletes and better scorers. We aren't winning in Cincy and we'll have to play A+ to get them in Koch. I'm just happy for the opportunity though. Thanks AAC.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Cincy is one of those teams that is easy to prepare for but damn near impossible to beat. You can’t simulate their athletes and execution in practice but they come at you like “we are what we are, no gimmicks, now try to stop us”. Passing out of double teams is huge, win every loose ball and rebound and leave their non shooters open and make them beat you.

That’s all I got....let’s beat Temple first

Comment

• I would not be shocked if Cinci won the national title this year. They are so good
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Can't grade Cincy on today. SMU is down almost all their big guns and it wasn't like they were deep to start with. Milton out and day to day at best. Everett Ray out for the year. Jarray Foster out for the year. Ethan Chargois goes down in shoot around and reports say he looks bad limping, didn't play today. Then today Ben Emelogu hurts his wrist. They ended the game with 5 scholarship players, one of them, Douglas, barely plays. Pyle is a walkon and unless they can get some guys healthy, he's the 1st guy off the bench. Ouch. Can you imagine Malone being our 6th man?

That being said, you don't have to grade Cincy on today. They've proven themselves time and again.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

An 8 seed? With 8 losses already? What's their best win? West Virginia? You're probably right as you're good at bracket matrix....but is it at all possible for Kentucky to ever be like a 10-12 seed or first four in?

Most teams with their resume this year would be sweating it out to even make the tourney but I know it does say "Blue Blood" I mean Kentucky on their jersey so I guess there's that.
                    Will have to see how the season plays out. Still lots of chances for Kentucky to get quad 1 wins with such a deep SEC this year but of course they actually have to win a few of those.

If Kentucky goes 9-9 in the SEC and wins 1 game in the SEC tournament I would guess 8/9 seed range. They have great SOS numbers and SEC is deep.

If Kentucky goes 9-9 then loses in the 1st round of SEC tournament then we might be talking 10/11 seed range.

Have to see how it all plays out.

2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                    2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                    2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                    2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                    The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• You guys need to beat Cincy. I don't think they should be getting a 2 seed based on who have they beat that is an NCAA tournament team ? They have 4 quad 1 wins vs 4 teams that might not make the tournament it's that gaudy record giving them life so I need a Wichita State sweep against this team to knock them down a peg or two.
                      2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                      2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                      2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                      2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                      The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• I think it's pretty clear based upon the 16 today that no matter how the NCAA tries to distract you from the man behind the curtain, the same things are going to keep happening. Their cash cows are going to be rewarded for Tier 1 wins, and very little else matters. Including losses. Who you beat, who you beat, who you beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          I think it's pretty clear based upon the 16 today that no matter how the NCAA tries to distract you from the man behind the curtain, the same things are going to keep happening. Their cash cows are going to be rewarded for Tier 1 wins, and very little else matters. Including losses. Who you beat, who you beat, who you beat.
                          Here-here! Definitely 2nd that! Same ole...same ole.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            I think it's pretty clear based upon the 16 today that no matter how the NCAA tries to distract you from the man behind the curtain, the same things are going to keep happening. Their cash cows are going to be rewarded for Tier 1 wins, and very little else matters. Including losses. Who you beat, who you beat, who you beat.
                            I'm pretty sure KU and Duke could lose out the rest of the way and still be protected seeds.

The committee continues to be a cowardly joke.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                            X