2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phog on meltdown.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• They should be. They had a meltdown a couple years ago when we were the better team in Kansas and proved it by beating them. We're clearly the better team this year, and they can't stand it. Unlike some (most?) of my fellow Shocker lovers, I take no schadenfreude in KU's position. Play to the best of your abilities and see where the chips fall. Obviously KU's best ability makes them worse than us.

Comment

• If KU wins the big 12 this year, the big 12 should only get about 3 teams in.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

1. I suppose y'all can guess that I have a new favorite announcer...........

Comment

• Whoever that was on ESPN last night will most likely face a lot of complaints from KU fans if they caught on to the insinuations. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
            They should be. They had a meltdown a couple years ago when we were the better team in Kansas and proved it by beating them. We're clearly the better team this year, and they can't stand it. Unlike some (most?) of my fellow Shocker lovers, I take no schadenfreude in KU's position. Play to the best of your abilities and see where the chips fall. Obviously KU's best ability makes them worse than us.
            Could the Beakers be the third best MBB team in Kansas?

Comment

• OregonShocker
              OregonShocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Good question. I haven't seen KSU play at all this year so I can't judge them.

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            If KU wins the big 12 this year, the big 12 should only get about 3 teams in.
            Beakers will probably finish 5th in their league with ten total losses; IMO fourth is their best hope behind WVU, TTU and OU (TCU is my outlier)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Beakers will probably finish 5th in their league with ten total losses; IMO fourth is their best hope behind WVU, TTU and OU (TCU is my outlier)
              I keep hearing 8, which is laughable!

Hell, I would bet real money at 4 to 1 that KU may not be worthy of a bid when its all said and done. That is an outrageous statement given their dominance, but TTU just walked out of AFH with a W.

All their streaks are getting reset, big 12 titles probably will too.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Shocker1976
                Shocker1976 commented
                Editing a comment
                Prez from whom are you "hearing" the Beakers will finish 8th in the Big 12 this year?

Careful with those odds, if the Beakers finish 5th they will be invited to the Big Dance due to having Kansas on their jersey

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
              Whoever that was on ESPN last night will most likely face a lot of complaints from KU fans if they caught on to the insinuations. :)
              They want to sue someone to keep Fran Fraschilla from doing any more of their games. Because he said they get the calls at AFH, and get away with a lot of grabbing and pushing. I don't think "hurt our feelings by telling the truth" would work, but I could be wrong.

Comment

• Very (pleasantly) surprised to hear Fran telling it like it is.

I used to turn him off because I thought he pumped up the Chickens a little too much.

Comment

• From phog.net

Next year should be a beast team, until we find out who is ineligible, suspended, etc
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• shocks02
                    shocks02 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pahahaha

• Eric
                    Eric commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ah. The proximity to Kansas City has them singing the fight song of the Chiefs. “Wait Til Next Year!”

• OregonShocker
                    OregonShocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Could be the whole team and coaching staff, if they are tied to Adidas,which I believe is highly likely.

• my favorite was "they are beating us with a bunch of 3-star guys"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    my favorite was "they are beating us with a bunch of 3-star guys"
                    Their fan base is still a product of the Old Big East. They blame the AAC for their problems, ignoring the fact that WSU, Cincy, and SMU are managing to not suck. And they get all jacked up about 4 and 5* guys in April, but can't figure out why their team shoots 30% from 3 while Austin Reaves goes 3/4 and kills them.

Comment

• WheatShock
                      WheatShock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm pretty sure pin was talking about beaker fans on phog net.

• Cdizzle
                      Cdizzle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ah. Yes. Works the same though. It's like the Creighton fans that are still waiting to get rid of all the MVC players on their roster so they can be good.

• There's like 300 Tulsa fans at their home game against the flagship. Why do I get the feeling there will be a few more next weekend?

Comment

• wichshock65
                      wichshock65 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Cory Henderson going off in the first half. 17 with 5 for 8 from 3

• Barn burner.....

IMG_20180103_185836.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X