Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    AAC went 3-0 tonight...

...against 3 teams with a combined record of 2-16.
    And the only team that didn't struggle with it's opponent was the one that NOBODY picked as having a chance to make the tournament.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Games of 11/29/17

Non-Conference

Oklahoma State (6-1, Kenpom #48) defeated Austin Peay (3-4, Kenpom #296) by a score of 79-63.
      Marquette (5-2, Kenpom #56) defeated Chicago State (2-8, Kenpom #340) by a score of 95-69.
      Arkansas State (2-5, Kenpom #233) lost to Cleveland State (2-4, Kenpom #277) by a score of 72-75.

Conference
      Connecticut (5-2, Kenpom #79) defeated Columbia (1-5, Kenpom #189) by a score of 77-73.
      Houston (5-1, Kenpom #62) defeated New Orleans (1-5, Kenpom #262) by a score of 75-66.
      Tulane (6-1, Kenpom #134) defeated Alcorn State (1-7, Kenpom #337) by a score of 81-65.

Commentary
      Just missed with getting the clean sweep for the evening, but also came very close with (UConn) getting a very bad loss.

Comment

• Redturds got bent over against Nevada 98-68 lol, to drop to 3-4 on the year. I thought Illinois State was gonna be a consistent powerhouse mid major program and rule the Valley? lolz, love it.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Thought Arkansas State would be better than they are this year. Shame.

Comment

• ...and ALL those teams will play out of their minds when they get a chance at the Shockers. How tough is Gregg Marshall's squads over the years to not just "show up" against lesser opponents. You have to treat each game as if it is your last game. Most programs don't do that...hence their terrible losses to crappy teams or way to close wins against crappy teams. MTXE BABY!!! WE GOT IT!!! MOST don't. Go SHOCKS!!!
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Redturds got bent over against Nevada 98-68 lol, to drop to 3-4 on the year. I thought Illinois State was gonna be a consistent powerhouse mid major program and rule the Valley? lolz, love it.
              The game was broadcast on Facebook in case anyone was wondering. Not joking.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

The game was broadcast on Facebook in case anyone was wondering. Not joking.
                While it's always fun to harass the Redbirds, this is something that is going to become increasingly common. With the expansion of high speed mobile data with smartphones, mote people are consuming sports in a different way. ESPN is rapidly losing its subscriber base and is trying to figure out how to stay viable. More and more games will be broadcast on social media like Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Kids would rather watch stuff on their phones than a TV. Cable will be dead sooner than later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post

While it's always fun to harass the Redbirds, this is something that is going to become increasingly common. With the expansion of high speed mobile data with smartphones, mote people are consuming sports in a different way. ESPN is rapidly losing its subscriber base and is trying to figure out how to stay viable. More and more games will be broadcast on social media like Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
                    What you said is true but the point is that this game has so little appeal that they feel like they can guinea pig with it. If it flops nobody will notice. See what I did there?
                    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post

What you said is true but the point is that this game has so little appeal that they feel like they can guinea pig with it. If it flops nobody will notice. See what I did there?
                      As fun as it is to rag on the Redbirds this has nothing to do with them. It's a MWC deal. http://mwwire.com/2017/11/16/facebook-stadium-partner-to-broadcast-live-mountain-west-basketball-games-this-season/

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

As fun as it is to rag on the Redbirds this has nothing to do with them. It's a MWC deal. http://mwwire.com/2017/11/16/facebook-stadium-partner-to-broadcast-live-mountain-west-basketball-games-this-season/
                        With the way the MWC is going, I think it's perfectly legitimate to rag on them. As far as ragging on IlSU, the best they could do for getting their game to viewers is to piggy-back onto the MWC's deal? That means if we rag on the MWC for using FB to broadcast their game, then we can doubly rag on IlSU for being unable to get a better deal than that.

Unfortunately the next step would be to rag on the Shox for their exclusive deal with Cox, which might actually be worse for potential viewers than putting the game on FB. I think I prefer the AAC's youtube deal to any deal with FB, but then I'm old and don't have my nose constantly glued to social media to see the latest gossip and I hate chatty stuff on the Net. I'm WAY out of the loop.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

With the way the MWC is going, I think it's perfectly legitimate to rag on them. As far as ragging on IlSU, the best they could do for getting their game to viewers is to piggy-back onto the MWC's deal? That means if we rag on the MWC for using FB to broadcast their game, then we can doubly rag on IlSU for being unable to get a better deal than that.

Unfortunately the next step would be to rag on the Shox for their exclusive deal with Cox, which might actually be worse for potential viewers than putting the game on FB. I think I prefer the AAC's youtube deal to any deal with FB, but then I'm old and don't have my nose constantly glued to social media to see the latest gossip and I hate chatty stuff on the Net. I'm WAY out of the loop.
                          You misunderstand ISU has NOTHING to do with the broadcast of the game. Home team/conference owns the broadcast rights to the game. MWC/Nevada could have done whatever they want with the game. When we play at Baylor this weekend on ESPNU our leadership/American conference leadership has absolutely nothing to do with the decision.

While the Cox deal isn't the greatest you go where the money is and right now that's definitely where the money is.

Comment

• I'm hoping the Irish make a good effort tonight against the Spartans. Their (the Irish) front line is going to be severely overmatched, even with Colson on the court.

Comment

• Watching ND MSU

Comment

• Shaqness
                                Shaqness commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Bye bye ND. MSU buried them early.

• Shaqness
                                Shaqness commented
                                Editing a comment
                                4 back to back calls against MSU. Trying to keep ND in the game.

• Shaqness, you do know that ND was down big to us as well? It ain't over till it's over.

Comment

Working...
                              X