No announcement yet.

2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drake (at 3-0) is leading the MVC. Anybody see that coming?
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Drake (at 3-0) is leading the MVC. Anybody see that coming?
      Flagship?

Says a lot about the state of the Valley.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• #15 Miami loses at Georgia Tech 64-54.

Don't know if it was mentioned earlier, but ND beat previously 10-4 NC St by 30. 88-58

Comment

• I might be biased considering the whuppin' OU put on us, and I haven't actually seen Nova or Sparty play, but Oklahoma looks like the best team in CBB right now.

I still believe they are going to win the Big 12, but I also think they're going to beat KU twice this year and it's not going to be close.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
            I might be biased considering the whuppin' OU put on us, and I haven't actually seen Nova or Sparty play, but Oklahoma looks like the best team in CBB right now.

I still believe they are going to win the Big 12, but I also think they're going to beat KU twice this year and it's not going to be close.
            Their next two games against West Virginia and Texas Tech will reveal a lot. We’re still the best defense they’ve faced this season and the Big XII has 4 defenses better than ours.

Comment

• WuShocker2006
              WuShocker2006 commented
              Editing a comment
              They are a final four quality team, but they are also young and depend on the three more than many teams. I think they lose one of the next two games and split with KU. Average shooting from WSU and we would have won by 5-10 points. We missed dozens of wide open shots...

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              Watch Michigan State. Their physicality would give OU a ton of problems. And destroy most other teams without Trae Young. They're really, really good right now.

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            Xavier seems to be very good at finishing games, which is a useful skill. Hopefully the Shocks will be as good or even better once they're at full strength.
            With the lone exception of the Notre Dame fiasco, WSU might be the best team in the country at finishing games.

Up 6 vs Marquette with 8:00 to play. Won by 14.
            Up 2 vs Ark St with 9:30 to play. Won by 9.
            Tied with OSU with 8:15 to play. Won by 12.
            Tied with UConn with 9:30 to play. Won by 10.
            Tied with FGC with 4:30 to play. Won by 10.
            Tied with Baylor with 3:00 to play. Won by 7.
            Down 8 vs Cal with 6:15 to play. Won by 10.
            Down 9 to SDSU with 8:45 to play. Won by 10.

Comment

• OregonShocker
              OregonShocker commented
              Editing a comment
              That's the mark of experience right there. No choke.

• I'm glad everyone wanted more exciting games this year.:good:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

With the lone exception of the Notre Dame fiasco, WSU might be the best team in the country at finishing games.

Up 6 vs Marquette with 8:00 to play. Won by 14.
              Up 2 vs Ark St with 9:30 to play. Won by 9.
              Tied with OSU with 8:15 to play. Won by 12.
              Tied with UConn with 9:30 to play. Won by 10.
              Tied with FGC with 4:30 to play. Won by 10.
              Tied with Baylor with 3:00 to play. Won by 7.
              Down 8 vs Cal with 6:15 to play. Won by 10.
              Down 9 to SDSU with 8:45 to play. Won by 10.
              Down 18 to OU with 8:25 to play. Lost by 8. WSU lost but still out scored OU by 10 in the last 8 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                I might be biased considering the whuppin' OU put on us, and I haven't actually seen Nova or Sparty play, but Oklahoma looks like the best team in CBB right now.

Not biased at all. It's not a small comparison to say Young is as good as Curry was "in college." History shows Curry's abilities alone took Davidson pretty far his senior year. Young can duplicate that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                  History shows Curry's abilities alone took Davidson pretty far his senior year. Young can duplicate that.
                  It was actually his sophomore year, and Young obviously has more talent around him than Curry did. If Young = Curry, that's very scary for everyone else.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                    ShockingButTrue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mea culpa. He kinda came from out of nowhere and blindsided the college basketball world. Moreso my point was OU compares favorably to Davidson, with Curry at his best, at least. OU is obviously a National title favorite.

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                  Not biased at all. It's not a small comparison to say Young is as good as Curry was "in college." History shows Curry's abilities alone took Davidson pretty far his senior year. Young can duplicate that.
                  When I first saw Trae against us, I thought he look like great guard. Everyone was singing Steph, Steph Steph. I don't know If he will pan out to be what Steph is in the NBA. But I will say he is better than Steph was in college. Steph didn't see the floor and dish the ball like Trae does now. Especially when you consider Steph blossomed in his 3rd year.

Comment

• They're a little different. Curry was playing off-guard in college, and another kid, Jason Richards, was their point guard. Young is certainly more of a distributor and creator than Curry was. And Curry, while he plays the 1 in the NBA, certainly benefits as a primary ball handler from playing with other shooters like KD and Klay, as well as great passers like Draymond Green. So he doesn't need to be on the ball all the time.

Either way, Young is doing things in college that I haven't seen anyone do before. His vision is incredible.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• It will be interesting to see how his stats from the second time through the league schedule as compared to the first time through.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I'll be interested to see how KSU stacks up against TTech and OSU in their upcoming games. Good comparisons to our Sunflower foes.

Comment

• #4 Arizona State struggling in Boulder against a bad Colorado team.

Comment

Working...
                          X