Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg Marshall

When Gregg Marshall put his hand prints in the Walk of Fame, the cement had already dried.

I don't care what he does from here on out. He turned down at least 1.9 million at a big time ACC school to stay at Wichita State.

I don't know anyone in the history of mankind that would do that.

He has my permission to father my family's next child. I'll square it with the wife.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Gregg Marshall is THE MAN for Wichita State. He will always be loved by us. Thank you Gregg.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Re: Gregg Marshall

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      When Gregg Marshall put his hand prints in the Walk of Fame, the cement had already dried.

I don't care what he does from here on out. He turned down at least 1.9 million at a big time ACC school to stay at Wichita State.

He has my permission to father my family's next child. I'll square it with the wife.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Let's add the 29 wins in a season as something kind of special too.

Comment

We should be so lucky to have him here for as long as he chooses to coach.

I'll tell you, it shows how STUPID that NC State AD is, and maybe we should be thanking Doug Elgin after all..

Comment

I would love to know how one digests all of the variables when chewing on the deal he just turned down. The job there obviously is not attractive. Smart should have jumped at that we his current rock star status but didn't.

I hope we have compensated our beloved coach appropriately. Could it be he is jockeying for a great job next year? I don't know. But I stand tall and proud to think that he is still a Shocker. Pretty cool stuff!

Comment

I think you should post pics of the wife, Doc.

Comment

If Marshall turned down $1.9 mill, that's going to take a lot of BCS schools out of the bidding in future years.

I don't know if $1.9 mill constitutes and "unbelievable" offer or not, but it's got to at least be in the vicinity.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Now that Doc's saying it I'm convinced!
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                  If Marshall turned down $1.9 mill, that's going to take a lot of BCS schools out of the bidding in future years.

I don't know if $1.9 mill constitutes and "unbelievable" offer or not, but it's got to at least be in the vicinity.
                  1.9 mil at some places may be unbelievable, but this is NCST we're talking about. Not a desireable place to coach.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Re: Gregg Marshall

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                    He turned down at least 1.9 million at a big time ACC school to stay at Wichita State.

Shaka?

Edit: Oops quote fail.
                    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Looks like he will be coaching where he is loved for just a little while longer..

:good:

:band:
                      :thewave:
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                        We should be so lucky to have him here for as long as he chooses to coach.

I'll tell you, it shows how STUPID that NC State AD is, and maybe we should be thanking Doug Elgin after all..

Didn't even realize that. :yahoo:

Comment

Now lets get Perry Ellis!
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

He's had his bite of the Valley,

NOW IT'S TIME TO BURN IT DOWN!!

Comment

Really proud of the first-class coach we have. I know I've been critical at times with x's and o's, but how can you argue with a guy who just won 29 games?

I have an even bigger amount of respect for Gregg. He is a perfect fit for us.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X