Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
    While Gregg and the assistants deserve accolades, let's hold adoration on how great these guys are until they actually play a few minutes at WSU. All we've seen is some highlight reels. Chill.

Comment

While Gregg and the assistants deserve accolades, let's hold adoration on how great these guys are until they actually play a few minutes at WSU. All we've seen is some highlight reels. Chill.
      While we may not know for sure how "great" these guys are, after what we just went through at the end of the season, they all should get our adoration.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

While we may not know for sure how "great" these guys are, after what we just went through at the end of the season, they all should get our adoration.
        What we went through? According to most on here it is great to have those guys gone. All just a year after gaga-ing over Gordon, Sherfield and all the others just a year ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

It seems to be a case of "life imitating art" doesn't it? Or, for a clear demonstration go over to the Politics forum (if one can stand it)...

corona-lisa-mona-lisa-coronavirus-wearing-gas-mask.jpg

#AnchorsAweigh
          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; April 3, 2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

What we went through? According to most on here it is great to have those guys gone. All just a year after gaga-ing over Gordon, Sherfield and all the others just a year ago.
            Sherfield, I’ll admit, I thought he’d be much better.

Gordon, I was never sold on his skill or shooting. Hell of an athlete and I was looking forward to seeing if that would help him transition to the college game. (Similar to Rod Brown)

I have seen more dribble moves and jump shots in the few minutes of film from these kids than I ever saw from Brown or Gordon.
            The Assman

Comment

That’s usually what fans do on a message board. A week ago most of us were concerned Marshall could find enough warm bodies to field a team next season. On paper (yes on paper) this class is as exciting if not more exciting than last years class. A lot can change between now and then, but there’s nothing wrong with a little excitement.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The ones that were a cancer to the team, yes, glad they're gone. Other players, I understand why they left or just disappointed they left. I'm sure there was enough "problems" to go around for players, coach, and his staff. Nevertheless, given the questionable publicity and mass exit, these guys wanting to come to WSU means a lot to me. It's been a real roller coaster that could have gotten totally derailed. Thanks to Coach, staff, and these young men, the program is still on the tracks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

The ones that were a cancer to the team, yes, glad they're gone. Other players, I understand why they left or just disappointed they left. I'm sure there was enough "problems" to go around for players, coach, and his staff. Nevertheless, given the questionable publicity and mass exit, these guys wanting to come to WSU means a lot to me. It's been a real roller coaster that could have gotten totally derailed. Thanks to Coach, staff, and these young men, the program is still on the tracks.
                  ... and they did the recruiting without getting these guys on campus; that’s what’s impressive to me. I assumed we’d be waiting to hear recruiting news until well into the summer.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I guess SN is just like society nowadays...a total throwaway culture. Pump up something so much, then completely discard when they dont live up to your expectations. Then rinse and repeat. Seems coaches and players subscribe too.

BTW...I'm not saying there weren't problems this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

... and they did the recruiting without getting these guys on campus; that’s what’s impressive to me. I assumed we’d be waiting to hear recruiting news until well into the summer.
                      Every coach in D1 can fill a roster.

Comment

If I give you a straw, can you go suck the fun out of someone else’s day?
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I guess SN is just like society nowadays...a total throwaway culture. Pump up something so much, then completely discard when they dont live up to your expectations. Then rinse and repeat. Seems coaches and players subscribe too.

What are we discarding because it didn’t live up to our expectations? Seems like we’re rooting for the guys who are actually on our team instead if the ones who left, not that there’s anything wrong with them choosing to leave.

I would have been happy if all but one had stayed. But they didn’t. I can’t control that. So I’m going to check out the new players and they look like they have a lot of potential. I see more length and athleticism than the most of the guys that left. It’s just an observation to say that one player might be better than another.

Do you have any observations about the incoming players vs the outgoing?

Comment

With all the negative caronavirus news going on 24 hrs. a day, some good news is nice once in a while and Shockernet May take it over the top sometimes. Your additional (BTW above) statement clarified what you think or I might think you agreedwith 76 and were a negative person. Thanks for clarifying and putting some brakes to our optimism and keeping it real.

Comment

I guess SN is just like society nowadays...a total throwaway culture. Pump up something so much, then completely discard when they dont live up to your expectations. Then rinse and repeat. Seems coaches and players subscribe too.

As for myself, and I believe others, no one wanted to see the mass exit. The only player I had a real concern about (wanting gone) was ES. Between he and his dad, it was not a good situation. NF got recruited over and I'm sure that bothered him. After what Sherfield's dad said about Marshall, I was a little surprised he left. I figured one of the big men would leave for more playing time. As for the rest of the players that left (and some I've already mentioned), I'd assign that throwaway culture to them, not the fans here.

Comment

• I agree with ST. I didn’t like to see MOST of them leave but hope we won’t notice they’re gone next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X