Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post
    Im losing my mind. I am going crazy.
    It might be genetic, based on my limited knowledge.
    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      I’m on my phone (limited posting capabilities at present), but “I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!”

Here you go:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
        So if a player leaves because of playing time and not starting, that particular players rationale is not coach is being to hard on me. It’s just I should start. Instead of proving it, you transfer. In case of JB or GS, neither proved it on a consistent basis. I think this coach squeezed every win that could have been squeezed from this group-don’t you 76?
        My prediction at the start of the season was 22 wins maybe 24, but after the 15-1 start I got greedy and thought 27 was possible. So I am happy the Shockers won 23 games.

As for Marshall's comments in this article I am moving cautiously. His earlier statements (on numerous occasions) that he was having to deal with "issues" that he had never seen before in his career was not acceptable to me. And I am unclear as to how these earlier statements support the reported "3G said he needs to be more careful about what he promises to recruits and make sure he can fulfill those promises."

But this is certainly an improvement over his statement that he plans no changes to his coaching, as managing players is IMO one of if not the most important element of coaching. As the HC Marshall could and should have resolved any over-promises made by himself and his assistant coaches in practices prior to the start of the season and maybe he did as the team was getting better game after game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

My prediction at the start of the season was 22 wins maybe 24, but after the 15-1 start I got greedy and thought 27 was possible. So I am happy the Shockers won 23 games.

As for Marshall's comments in this article I am moving cautiously. His earlier statements (on numerous occasions) that he was having to deal with "issues" that he had never seen before in his career was not acceptable to me. And I am unclear as to how these earlier statements support the reported "3G said he needs to be more careful about what he promises to recruits and make sure he can fulfill those promises."

But this is certainly an improvement over his statement that he plans no changes to his coaching, as managing players is IMO one of if not the most important element of coaching. As the HC Marshall could and should have resolved any over-promises made by himself and his assistant coaches in practices prior to the start of the season and maybe he did as the team was getting better game after game.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

dunno, if it's the truth or not, but most of us on this board have known those two things for decades
              Weak commentary. First, read between the lines. Coach has always known he has to recruit team players. Everything in his coaching philosophy and manner exudes this. Second, recruiting is selling and selling to 18 year olds when your competing with every other top school requires great persuasion. If you think any of these coaches spell out every possibility of a players playing time and don’t lead them on somewhat, then Fantasy Island is where you live. How does this sound “oh you might start at point this year but in all likelihood you work your way in to the lineup for two years and then start in year 3 but I don’t want to give you false hope.” I don’t think Coach lies to players and he wasn’t saying that. Live in the real world. The man is breaking his ass to win for us and you lift your arm up from the armchair touting your decades of recruiting knowledge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

scram

Comment

• “The team actually exceeded my pre season expectations but because they started so well I allowed my expectations to get out of whack and when things didn’t go flawlessly down the stretch I threw a fit and said a bunch of silly things. And all of that is the coaches fault 100%.”

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                    “The team actually exceeded my pre season expectations but because they started so well I allowed my expectations to get out of whack and when things didn’t go flawlessly down the stretch I threw a fit and said a bunch of silly things. And all of that is the coaches fault 100%.”

Comment

• Tubby has it right...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        Tubby has it right...

FTFY
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Things cahnge. Boo hoo. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Weak commentary. First, read between the lines. Coach has always known he has to recruit team players. Everything in his coaching philosophy and manner exudes this. Second, recruiting is selling and selling to 18 year olds when your competing with every other top school requires great persuasion. If you think any of these coaches spell out every possibility of a players playing time and don’t lead them on somewhat, then Fantasy Island is where you live. How does this sound “oh you might start at point this year but in all likelihood you work your way in to the lineup for two years and then start in year 3 but I don’t want to give you false hope.” I don’t think Coach lies to players and he wasn’t saying that. Live in the real world. The man is breaking his ass to win for us and you lift your arm up from the armchair touting your decades of recruiting knowledge.
                            He got caught up in the new conference hype... Felt unwanted pressure in my opinion... But completely understandable. Going back to his true and tested recruiting roots will help...get non-diva guys... Either way he worked miracles these last two years... tip my hat to Marshall.

Comment

• I keep thinking back to last season when we got off to the awful start (mcduffie’s year). The game at UConn was the when he had Etienne and Fernandez watching from the stands, 3G was so embarrassed that he was quoted in the paper as saying he wishes his recruits could suit up cuz he doesn’t have a guard that can bring the ball down the court (paraphrasing). Keep in mind that when we recruited this freshmen class, we were in desperate need of guard upgrades. Well, fast forward to the end of the season and guys like Dennis and Burton (and Stevenson to a lesser degree) had improved, finished strong and were thinking they were the core going forward. Burton is a really solid player, no doubt, but he is not an ideal PG. Clearly he thinks he is, but it’s more like having Tekele Cotton run point. It could be done, but it’s not pretty. We all can see it, but Burton just looks at himself vs Sherfield and clearly thinks he’s better, and he’s not wrong. I hate to see him go, but if he’s dead set at being a feature PG, he’s probably better off finding a different school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                I keep thinking back to last season when we got off to the awful start (mcduffie’s year). The game at UConn was the when he had Etienne and Fernandez watching from the stands, 3G was so embarrassed that he was quoted in the paper as saying he wishes his recruits could suit up cuz he doesn’t have a guard that can bring the ball down the court (paraphrasing). Keep in mind that when we recruited this freshmen class, we were in desperate need of guard upgrades. Well, fast forward to the end of the season and guys like Dennis and Burton (and Stevenson to a lesser degree) had improved, finished strong and were thinking they were the core going forward. Burton is a really solid player, no doubt, but he is not an ideal PG. Clearly he thinks he is, but it’s more like having Tekele Cotton run point. It could be done, but it’s not pretty. We all can see it, but Burton just looks at himself vs Sherfield and clearly thinks he’s better, and he’s not wrong. I hate to see him go, but if he’s dead set at being a feature PG, he’s probably better off finding a different school.
                                Which is it? A fresh new perspective or blah, blah, blah?

Comment

Working...
                                X