No announcement yet.

Maryland Baltimore County Pre-Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great win, great for the rpi, we keep improving each game, go shox! :goshocks:

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead
      Gal was terrible. I think he had half of our turnovers. He got away with several carries last game and 0 this game. There is a reason we don't play well when he is at the point. Bad decisions and bad ball handling.
      Thank you. Finally someone that sees the light. I'm not the only one. I've been saying since he stepped foot in Kansas that the guy carries the ball. As if that isn't bad enough, watch him bunny hop on defense. He is very talented but has a long way to go. He needs a reality check. Hopefully this turnover debacle was it.

Comment

• RPI bump: from 175 to 120th. Maybe pick up another 55 places after Friday...
        I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

• Solid win for the Shocks. Good job by a couple of newcomers - Durley and Clemente. Solid play by the seniors and even WP.

Comment

• I am getting drunk as we speak. Go Shox.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Good game, pathetic crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hein72
                Good game, pathetic crowd.
                I thought the atmosphere was a huge step up from the last game.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• 17 points in 19 minutes for JT! He is coming on STRONG. Definitely going to be one of the best freshman in the Valley.

Comment

• Great game Shocks, probably the best half of basketball we've seen in almost a year of play (going back to last season.) How often can a team shoot 70% from 3 land and still be down so many?

On the contrary, I thought the crowd was actually pretty good. Easily the best crowd we've had all year. In our section, they were all great, even if they didn't stand a couple of time I would have liked - noisy, but sitting down. My voice is a little hoarse, so I did something right. :D

Gal is killing me, he really is. Welcome to the college game. Hopefully, this will be the worst game we see out of him for a long time.

Didn't care too much for the stall game with about 5 or 6 minutes to go, that let them back in it. I saw enough of that "play not to lose" under Turgeon. I'd rather keep the pressure on with the motion offense, not stand around the perimeter and pass it and shoot a 24 ft 3 ball with 4 on the clock. :whistle: Probably one of the only times we've really been outplayed in a 2nd half this season.

#2 for the bad guys is one of the finest shooters I've seen on a bad guy team, since probably Ben Jacobsen, maybe even a little better.

Matt B is my player of the game, drawing the late charge and finishing on a great play with Gal.

1 game down on this home stand, and as I look at the calendar there are plenty more tough games to go - maybe even more difficult than this one. :goshocks:

Comment

• Mekel - 5 Assists 7 TOs..... he should be embarrassed about that Assist/Turnover ratio..

Did get back in the groove from a scoring perspective though...
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I don't get the so-so crowd noise this year. Apparently, its some sort of 'sit back and prove it to me' attitude and I for one AM SICK OF IT.

Friday: LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE !

Comment

• PS - Attn Band: you guys are great but going into a timeout rally, you play 25 or 6 to 4 ?????

Call me crazy, but maybe throw on the fight song for fun.

Comment

• Outstanding first half. Inconsistent in the 2nd half.

Too many turnovers obviously from both Gal (7) and Matt (4).

Gal also a little bit of a liability on defense. Too bad Wendell is not a better offensive player, although he did hit a tough, guarded trey. All in all I thought Wendell gave us some good minutes and helped keep Hodges under a little more control in the 2nd half.

J.T. was very impressive.

All in all though, a very nice win against a very skilled team.

UMBC should do very well in their league.

Shocks continue to improve. HCGM said Gal leads the team in turnovers in practice although they don't call palming on him much. He apparently does travel quite a bit in practice. The good thing is that I think Gal can correct these issues if he puts his mind to it and works on it. No question Gal is a capable offensive player.

If Gal can get his turnovers under control and if we can get some production out of Mantas and Aaron, we can still be a very tough out in the MVC this year.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

• Stevie Wonder coulda gone for 26 or 7 versus Gal tonight. Pitiful.

Comment

• On the crowd thing, one of the members of my gang of idiots got railed on this evening for BEING TOO LOUD! If it happens again from this guy, I'm going to suggest that he lodge a complaint with the athletic department that fans around him are being too loud, and see how far that goes.

What? People yell at a college basketball game? Really? Whodathunkit?
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X