Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, are you? game thread

Let's get 'em.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

ORU fan here. I wanted to stop by and say hello and that we're looking forward to playing the Shockers tonight. Any rain in the forecast up there? We are getting deluged with rain down here right now. If tonight's game was being played in Tulsa I believe it would be yet ANOTHER rainout!

ORU had a rough series against Cal State Fullerton last weekend, and we're hoping we show up a little better against you guys this evening.

Good luck to you guys, and we'll see you tonight!

Comment

Not a cloud in the sky right now. Looking at weather.com, I think we should be fine getting the game in today. Looks like it will be a chilly night with the temp dropping into the mid-40's before the game ends. The forecast is also calling for 10-15mph winds out of the WNW so there probably won't be any long balls tonight unless it goes down the right field line. Looking forward to the game and GO SHOX!

Comment

Looks like it's gonna be a nice windy, COLD, March evening for baseball.

I will be enjoying it from the comforts of my computer screen. Hopefully, our pitching will be there tonight.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

B. Flynn 4 K's though 2 innings
          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Shocks lead 1-0 after 2
            First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Sorry.. but pathetic offense.

2nd and 3rd with no outs and we fail to get anymore runs in. We get a run because of a throwing error.

1-0 WSU after 2..
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Good heavens

Well, the first chance squandered.

Judging from Live Stats, it was two men in scoring position, none out, and ten pitches later there they stayed as Lassley, Caster, and even Brown fanned. That's worse than bad; it's just embarrassing.

I hate giving away outs, but with this bunch Gene may need to pull out the squeeze play from time to time -- especially after the ORU 3B has just misfired on a bunt.

Comment

Ground ball to short with the bases loaded almost cost shocks Baez doesn't cover second so Grimes has to double clutch and fire to 1st just in time.

Comment

8 K's in 3 innings, 6 in a row = PATHETIC. :roll:
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Lassley hits a bomb to straightaway center.. may have been partially helped by the west wind. 2-0 WSU.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

if we win, I would like to see the oru pitcher strike out 20.

also here we are in thed 6th

got the first guy

base hit for #2 WAS as texas leaguer

bah

Comment

of noes, my thumbs have frozen solid

who invited canada?

flynn hits his wall leading 2 to 1 and Remmy in to pitch.

Comment

Got out of it with the K. Nice.

Also props to Rose and all the other fans who braved this cool windy night to watch the Shox live.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Wow, we sure are busting the seams off that ball now..

3-1 Shox. :posterwu:
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X