Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoleAnimal
    Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
    NoleAnimal: I really enjoy having (knowledgable) fans of other schools post here.
    Glad to oblige. It's nice to get on here and see the large majority of posts being very classy and restraining from the typical trash-talk you get from other teams when you've got a big target on you. Anyway- looking forward to this weekend.
    yea we had plenty of that trash talk this past weekend. OSU fans are prolly the worst fans i have encountered. They were just horrible
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I talked to someone who attended the games. Here are some comments:
      1. Don Beggs got sunburned, even with his hat.
      2. KU fans are worse than OSU fans.
      3. The OSU Stadium is a complete joke.
      4. Stillwater has a total of four hotels.
      5. Stillwater should never host anything.
      6. (some comment about eating establishments, or their lack.)
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Freaking Tim Pickett. If he weren't on fire against us......what could have been. What made it even more frustrating was he disappeared in thier next game and did practically nothing. That's still the greatest game atmoshpere I've experienced in the Chuck. Granted, I wasn't around for the Iowa game way back when and I was doing a HS game the night Matty B went down in history forever. My ears were ringing afterwards and both teams got a well deserved standing O after the game. It was a beauty. Too bad it probably won't ever happen again.

Back to baseball. I'm DVRing the game and hope I have reason to watch when I get a chance. Which will probably be around 11pm or so.... :(
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          Freaking Tim Pickett. If he weren't on fire against us......what could have been. What made it even more frustrating was he disappeared in thier next game and did practically nothing. That's still the greatest game atmoshpere I've experienced in the Chuck. Granted, I wasn't around for the Iowa game way back when and I was doing a HS game the night Matty B went down in history forever. My ears were ringing afterwards and both teams got a well deserved standing O after the game. It was a beauty. Too bad it probably won't ever happen again.

Back to baseball. I'm DVRing the game and hope I have reason to watch when I get a chance. Which will probably be around 11pm or so.... :(
          Hahaha Tim Pickett. I remember listening to that game on the radio and hearing.. "Pickett for 3.... BULLSEYE!" basically every time down the court. I remember Wichita had a really good team and it was a very close game. Good times.

Comment

It's glad to have level-headed, respectable opposing fans come to the board for this weekend. FSU fans puts OSU fans out of the trophosphere.

If we do indeed lose down there in Tallahassee, I hope the Noles go all the way.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

SB Shock:

I have to disagree. There is a cumulative effect and plenty of studies that talk about pitcher fatigue (visit baseball prospectus or Boyd's world and look up PAP).
              I looked up PAP as you suggested, interesting subject, and am still not totally clear on it. Let me ask a question or two:

If the same pitcher had started EVERY game this year, remained in until his pitch count hit 100 and was then removed, what would his PAP be?

Would that be considered pitcher abuse?

What would you estimate the team PAP to be, in that case?

Comment

I think you'll find FSU fans very respectful and knowledgable so I don't agree with the assumption that we don't respect you. WSU has a strong BB history that's pretty well documented.

I'm looking forward to seeing a hell of a baseball game whether we win or lose. It's really a classic matchup of good pitching versus good hitting but frankly, I see the reverse deciding the ballgame. Your offense really warmed up against OSU and let's face it, we've given up some runs this year. I don't expect us to continue to put up 17 and 18 runs especially against guys like Shafer so our pitching has got to step up.

I highly recommend coming down to Tally if you can make it, win or lose, you'll have a hell of a time sitting around the animals of section b. It truly is one of the great atmosphere's of college bb. Here's to a helluva series.

Comment

Screw the ballgame, how about just going down there to see the FSU women? :D Whatdya think FSU? Think Nole women will take a liking to midwest boyz?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                    Screw the ballgame, how about just going down there to see the FSU women? :D Whatdya think FSU? Think Nole women will take a liking to midwest boyz?
                    KC, are you not aware that your wife has subscribed to SN's Spouse Observation System (S.O.S.)?

:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      KC, are you not aware that your wife has subscribed to SN's Spouse Observation System (S.O.S.)?

Priceless......Am I the only one that thinks KC's wife would give him a severe beat down when she gets the report? :D

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

Priceless......Am I the only one that thinks KC's wife would give him a severe beat down when she gets the report? :D
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

Hey wait, uhh, I was speaking for my friend. Yeah that's it. Honeydumpling, if you are reading this (and I know you do from time-to-time) I was just foolin' around. I mean not literally foolin' around but you know.........I think I've dug too big of a hole now. Good-bye.

Comment

I give members of my real family, especially my brothers, a ribbing on "rare" occasion. We're one big Shocker family here and I was tempted to make up a story about KC to give him a ribbing. Since the story involved an inflatable doll, good taste suggested that I forget the story idea. However I wanted to thank KC for helping the Shocks win.

You can thank me for not listening as the reason for winning. I'll gladly take gift certificates.
                            Keep up the good work, KC. :lol: We're thinking of you. :yes: Oh, and :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:

ADDED: I thought about what I wrote and wondered if "you" would get the wrong idea. First, let me say that I have no idea who is KC; I'm sure he is a great guy. However, the suggestion that KC was married ... "surprised" me. KC Shox? Our KC Shox? KC Shox??? No way!! (Note: It may have been posted previously that KC is married but, if so, I forgot this fact.) So the idea that KC had a fake wife, something like the "wife equivalent" of the passenger in http://www.businesscar.co.uk/story.asp?storycode=2091, sprang up and caused me to laugh. I'm sure some of "you" had a different image in your brains but, if so, please don't tell us about it. :D :lol:
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

This Nole alumna is marrying a K-State grad. Y'all might be pasty, but if anyone shares the sensibility of good hospitality with southerners, it's midwesterners.

I echo the sentiments of the other FSU fans who have posted here. Very few of us will be so stupid as to overlook the accomplishments of WSU's baseball legacy.

I only wish I could make it back to Tally this weekend for the Supers...

Comment

Originally posted by NOLANoleGal
                                Very few of us will be so stupid as to overlook the accomplishments of WSU's baseball legacy.
                                Except probably your future husband. :D

Just sayin'... :whistle:

Anyways, any farm implements or livestock at the wedding? ;-)

(above are inside jokes amongst Kansans, which you might not "get")

Comment

Working...
                                X