Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida State fans, please read

First, welcome to ShockerNet!

We love opposing fans to drop by, as long as they behave like a guest and stay respectful. Hopefully, our fans who visit to your board will act in kind.

Also, when you register a new account, please be patient. I'll get around to approving them when I can.

Thanks!

Thanks for the add. I think you will find our fans very respectful and excited for a great series. We know how great both of these programs are. Looking forward to talking some baseball this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolefan23
      Thanks for the add. I think you will find our fans very respectful and excited for a great series. We know how great both of these programs are. Looking forward to talking some baseball this week.
      We just got done taking out the trash with Oklahoma State. For some of us, myself included, it is a bit of a culture shock to go from those fans to those FSU fans that have shown up here so far. So anyways, there may still be some left over animosity from Oklahoma state but sometimes when you leave a place like Oklahoma, it is hard to get all the dung off the bottom of your boot.

I'm excited for great baseball. I can only stand so much talk up to a game because to a point it is all guess work and any pitcher on any given day can take over a game and make the previous numbers moot.

That said, I can't wait to learn what I can about FSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
        We just got done taking out the trash with Oklahoma State. For some of us, myself included, it is a bit of a culture shock to go from those fans to those FSU fans that have shown up here so far.

That said, I can't wait to learn what I can about FSU.
        don't worry - the civility will end soon.

Originally posted by noles_fan_4_life
        Living in the MVC area I can say that those stats are inflated due to a weak conference. WSU was the only school to make it out of the conference.

Comment

Well I can't really argue with that statement.

Comment

[quote="Rosewood"]
            Originally posted by Nolefan23
            We just got done taking out the trash with Oklahoma State. For some of us, myself included, it is a bit of a culture shock to go from those fans to those FSU fans that have shown up here so far. So anyways, there may still be some left over animosity from Oklahoma state but sometimes when you leave a place like Oklahoma, it is hard to get all the dung off the bottom of your boot.

I'm excited for great baseball. I can only stand so much talk up to a game because to a point it is all guess work and any pitcher on any given day can take over a game and make the previous numbers moot. [quote="Rosewood"]

Not to start anything with noles fan but after watching tonights game and seeing they roled out a guy on 2 days rest and had him throw 100 pitches tonight I'm wondering if the guy will even have an arm come next weekend. Could be interesting how he looks when hes up to pitch no matter if its friday or saturday.

Comment

Geez are there any big time programs outside of ourselves that refuse to abuse pitchers during the postseason?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                Geez are there any big time programs outside of ourselves that refuse to abuse pitchers during the postseason?

Nope. Win at all costs. Ask Aaron's father what he thinks about how Gene and Brent treat the kids.

There is nobody out there like our guys.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                  For FSU, it was.. "Just win now". I don't know if you guys are familiar with FSU baseball but here is a little run down..

We are a consistent 45 to 50 win team. We are top 5 in every category of wins, trips to Omaha, consecutive regionals made.. etc. etc.. We have ZERO National Championships and ZERO trips to Omaha since 2000.

We had to leave everything on the field this weekend if we wanted another shot at this thing. Last year we got put out in our own Regional by Mississippi State and lost the first game Friday to Bucknell 7-0.

To say there is some pressure on this team is an under-statement. A lot of FSU fans (Not me) want to see Mike Martin gone. FSU baseball has been a consistent "Choke" in the post-season since we began playing baseball.

So, I don't think it had anything to do with running pitchers into the ground as much as it did "JUST WIN NOW." It was big for us to come back and win 4 straight games eliminating Florida, Bucknell and eventually Tulane.

Comment

don't worry - the civility will end soon.
                    Well I can't really argue with that statement.
                    Not necessarily. Our experiences with the B12 shouldn't be applied to all BCS schools. Several have had very classy and informed fans who have been a pleasure to have here.

Syracuse basketball fans were some of the best opposing team fans I've seen here. They were classy even after we beat them at their place.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I think it would behoove Shocker fans to recognize that we have extended Musgrave and Shafer at times this year more than I ever remember doing before. It's a recognition, I think, by our coaches that when it comes to the post season, if you want to advance, you have to "do what it takes," and that may mean using pitchers in a way contrary to what's ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb
                        I think it would behoove Shocker fans to recognize that we have extended Musgrave and Shafer at times this year more than I ever remember doing before. It's a recognition, I think, by our coaches that when it comes to the post season, if you want to advance, you have to "do what it takes," and that may mean using pitchers in a way contrary to what's ideal.

Amen, if there is one thing I can't stand, it is the self-righteous pitcher abuse crowd.

Schafer-136 pitches
                        Capra - 125 pitches
                        THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

Originally posted by William

Amen, if there is one thing I can't stand, it is the self-righteous pitcher abuse crowd.

Schafer-136 pitches
                          Capra - 125 pitches
                          There are teams in MLB that limit their SP to 100 pitches.

Comment

Schafer-136 pitches
                            Capra - 125 pitches
                            Yeah but we didn't bring either back after pitching Saturday to throw another 100 pitches on freaking Monday. Our guys start the year at 80 and work up about 10 pitches a week all year. I think Brent knows what hes doing. Hell Brent wont even bring our guys back after a rain delay. Also of note... Tonight at about 60 pitches into the game there was a delay due to lightning and they had (admittedly by the coach) 4 other guys they could have thrown. But they brought him back after and made him go another 40 when they were up by a solid margin and Tulane was self destructing.

I'm not saying... I'm just saying. Thats a big difference that goes far beyond a total pitch count.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock

Schafer-136 pitches
                              Capra - 125 pitches
                              There are teams in MLB that limit their SP to 100 pitches.
                              HELLO?
                              THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X