No announcement yet.

Florida State fans, please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of these midweek games did our top 3 pitchers start? Im guessing not to many...We have always saved our pitchers for the weekend series for the most part
    1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Re Oliver not pitching . . . They only scored 3 frickin' runs

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
        Re Oliver not pitching . . . They only scored 3 frickin' runs

Of course the guy that left the TCU game in the 8th with an 8-2 lead would have been the one pitching against us Sunday night instead of the catcher. I thought TCU made him look much better than he really was though. We very likely could have had a similar performance against him as we did the catcher.

Comment

And then we would have faced Louis on Monday.

WSU was the better team, no doubter.

Comment

Just thought I would reply since I have seen several WSU posters saying that FSU fans don’t respect you guys etc…I for one disagree and I believe 99% of the other FSU baseball fans would agree with me. We know your history, coach and talent you have on this year’s team…I mean you have to have a good ball club to have 47 wins on the year. Not to mention, FSU has not had the best success in recent history trying to get to Omaha so our fans are weary of another year that we came oh so close. Your team, coaches and fans are respected and for the ones who make the trip to Tallahassee….you will come away with that feeling.
            Dick Howser Stadium is not only one of the most beautiful stadiums in the country but has some of the best if not the best fans in all the country (The Animals of Section B can be thanked for that). Tulane’s coach said last night after the game that he had been to 16 Regional’s and the Tallahassee Regional was the best run and had the best/most classy fans which created a great environment for the student athletes. I hope you guys enjoy your experience to Tallahassee win or lose.

Comment

Any Shocker fan that doesn't respect what FSU has done this year is not much of a college baseball fan period!

Sure we think they should have to leave the state of Florida and play 40% of their schedule in snow and ice before they are critical of our numbers and sure we think they should respect the fact that we can't control our conference SOS and our non-conference SOS is better than theirs, but come on!!!

Any team that puts up the #'s FSU did in the best baseball conference in the country deserves respect. They went 24-6 in the ACC! They won 52 games! They were 20-8 vs. the top 50. We can and should defend what we have accomplished, but they have earned the right to question our conference schedule. Afterall, we have been doing it for 20 years and half of us wish we could get out of it! :D

Comment

Originally posted by nolemanb
                Just thought I would reply since I have seen several WSU posters saying that FSU fans don’t respect you guys etc…I for one disagree and I believe 99% of the other FSU baseball fans would agree with me. We know your history, coach and talent you have on this year’s team…I mean you have to have a good ball club to have 47 wins on the year. Not to mention, FSU has not had the best success in recent history trying to get to Omaha so our fans are weary of another year that we came oh so close. Your team, coaches and fans are respected and for the ones who make the trip to Tallahassee….you will come away with that feeling.
                Dick Howser Stadium is not only one of the most beautiful stadiums in the country but has some of the best if not the best fans in all the country (The Animals of Section B can be thanked for that). Tulane’s coach said last night after the game that he had been to 16 Regional’s and the Tallahassee Regional was the best run and had the best/most classy fans which created a great environment for the student athletes. I hope you guys enjoy your experience to Tallahassee win or lose.
                Nolefan, you'll have to forgive some of us for our callousness at the moment. We spent the last weekend reading posts from an opposing school's fans who were trying to spin everything they could find in order to minimize the Shocks owning their butts, in their house. When you have a winning record (historically), both regular season and tournament play, over a regional and national rival and they revert to conference affiliation, no-football, and city vs. city trash talking to fill the void, it's just slightly annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby
                  Nolefan, you'll have to forgive some of us for our callousness at the moment. We spent the last weekend reading posts from an opposing school's fans who were trying to spin everything they could find in order to minimize the Shocks owning their butts, in their house. When you have a winning record (historically), both regular season and tournament play, over a regional and national rival and they revert to conference affiliation, no-football, and city vs. city trash talking to fill the void, it's just slightly annoying.
                  I can think of many Gator/Canes fans who resemble that description.

Comment

Nolefan, you'll have to forgive some of us for our callousness at the moment. We spent the last weekend reading posts from an opposing school's fans who were trying to spin everything they could find in order to minimize the Shocks owning their butts, in their house. When you have a winning record, both regular season and tournament play, over a regional and national rival and they revert to conference affiliation, no-football, and city vs. city trash talking to fill the void, it's just slightly annoying.
                    Or the ultimate compliment. They could make all kinds of excuses for Saturday night's loss (one was very valid but doesn't mean they would have won the game), but after we beat them again on Sunday with the star of the game being a guy they cut from the team, what do you expect them to do? :D

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
                      Maybe someone should post the following on their forum in response to such a statement:

With a statistical wash such as this, the weak schedule card should be left in the deck.

EDIT: And I'd like to add that, so far, it's refreshing to see a more respectable fanbase from FSU than the OSU trash we had to deal with last weekend. Hopefully this can continue. Every fanbase has their "homers", but it seems at least as far as various forums' discussion went last weekend, there was virtually zero quality dialog going on between WSU and OSU fans.
                      Maybe you should go over there and stir them up.

Face it, FSU fans are not going to respect WSU. Ever. Even if the Shox win the series, there will be something like umps calls or whatever that they'll complain about that led to an "upset". It's the BCS mentality.

WSU's Schedule. Squat. Gillespie's .420+ BA. Squat. Dirks on-base streak. Squat. 3-man rotation with sub 3.00 ERA. Squat. We're just WSU, after all.

Time to get over it and move on.

--'85.
                      That's plain ridiculous. Especially since we already respect you. FSU baseball fans, on the whole, are some of the most knowledgable college baseball fans you will find. We are well aware of the Shockers accomplished history. Very few, if anyone, in Seminole land is the least bit surprised to be playing WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771
                        What has tw805 said that isn't true?
                        He's saying that the FSU forums are flaming us for games we shouldn't have lost.

I'm saying the FSU forums are flaming us for our "cupcake schedule", a term literally used in a couple of threads of note on the FSU rivals board.

Two COMPLETELY different issues.

Go over there yourself and see which slant you think the trash-talking is taking.

And yes, we have struggled all year against quality, midweek competition. I'm not arguing that. I don't think anybody would.
                        I don't know what thread you are referencing, but the vast majority of FSU fans may knock WSU's schedule a little but still respect you guys.

Comment

Off Topic, but nonetheless a question for 'nole fans: What was the name of the kid (Tim Pickett ?) who was all-world vs. WSU in the NIT game a few years ago ? Did he get a cup of coffee in the league at least ? Europe? He was incredible that night.

Comment

Yes, it was Tim. To my recollection, he never got much of a shot at the NBA. I don't pretend to know much about pro-basketball, but Tim was my favorite 'Nole to watch play basketball. More so than Charlie Ward, Bob Sura, Sam Cassell or even Al Thorton... all of whom have had impressive NBA careers (Al's just starting out).

Comment

NoleAnimal: I really enjoy having (knowledgable) fans of other schools post here.
                              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                                NoleAnimal: I really enjoy having (knowledgable) fans of other schools post here.
                                Glad to oblige. It's nice to get on here and see the large majority of posts being very classy and restraining from the typical trash-talk you get from other teams when you've got a big target on you. Anyway- looking forward to this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X