WSU at Bradley (3 game series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
    IHell, when my Granpa got older the main reason he would go to games is to watch BK chew out an umpire and kick dust on him after a bad call.
    Of course, that isn't as much fun when your pitching staff is putting up a team ERA of 5.97 although when your pitching is that bad you probably have a lot more opportunities to raise caine.

Comment

Tommy Barhouse gets the start for the Shocks today.

Shockers jump out to a 3-0 lead as Dayton Dugas followed a Trey Vicker double with a home run and Noah Croft followed Dayton Dugas with a home run.

2 home runs on the same inning. I think that is a 1st for this season.

Greyson Jenista saves a run in the 2nd with a diving stop to get the final out of the 2nd.

Comment

Willie Schwanke and Alec Bohm with back-to-back doubles to lead off the 3rd to put the Shocks up 4-0.

6 hits by the Shocks including 2 home runs and 2 doubles.

Trey Vickers hits a sharp ground right over the bag at 2nd into CF to drive in Alec to make it 5-0.

Trey Vickers steals 2nd on a delayed steal. Noah Croft then bangs a ball off the CF wall 400 feet away on a 1-1 ptich to make it 6-0 as this Bradley pitcher appears to be in over his head.

The Shocks have 6 runs on 8 hits. 2 home runs, 4 doubles and 2 singles.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 15, 2017, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Oh Brother Where Art Thou!

Tommy Barnhouse apparently is a one-time through the lineup pitcher.

His team spots him a 6 run lead heading into the bottom of the 3rd.

After a single, walk, bloop single and single it is 6-1 with the bases loaded an no outs. Next batter gets Tommy out of the jam with a grand slam home run.

Shockers 6 - Bradley 5

SMH. I guess you call this a tragic comedy.

The next batter takes Barnhouse out to RF and it is a tie game.

Really quite pathetic. :boxing:

Comment

What's the over/under for the inning that the dug out brawl starts?
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Glad to see they got somebody up in the bullpen after giving up 6 runs in the 3rd.

Comment

Jenista unties it with a leadoff homer in the 4th. Might need 20 to win this one.

Comment

Greyson Jenista blasts one out to RF for the Shocks 3rd dinger of the day and give the Shocks a 7-6 lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                    What's the over/under for the inning that the dug out brawl starts?
                    I don't know but it may lineup as Pitchers against Position Players. When the pitchers do their job the hitters are no shows. When the hitters do their jobs the pitching goes AWOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Jenista unties it with a leadoff homer in the 4th. Might need 20 to win this one.
                      Yeah, I am thinking the Shocks kick a field goal late to pull it out.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Yeah, I am thinking the Shocks kick a field goal late to pull it out.
                        Bradley gets to hit last and the Shox have no moxie. Bold pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Bradley gets to hit last and the Shox have no moxie. Bold pick.
                          We have a secret weapon. Zach Redding will sneak into the Bradley dugout and start a brawl during their final at bat and the Shockers will take advantage of a rattled Bradley team.

Comment

Wow this is just batting practice.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              I don't know but it may lineup as Pitchers against Position Players. When the pitchers do their job the hitters are no shows. When the hitters do their jobs the pitching goes AWOL.
                              That is just a symptom of being a bad team.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                That is just a symptom of being a bad team.
                                I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X