WSU at Bradley (3 game series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    During Jackson double, the announcer say that two WSU coaches were having words and then it went to pushing and shoving each other.

When Vickers is coming up - they still say there was some conflict going on.

After Vickers made the out, it looks like a coach was pushing Jenista and then Dugas come in and knocks him down.

Jenista was up to bat when Butler got thrown out.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      After Vickers made the out, it looks like a coach was pushing Jenista and then Dugas come in and knocks him down.
      That sounds like a pretty good description. Scott Gurss wss the heavy set guy trying to keep it from escalating. It wasn't Coach Walker because he was wearing a full uniform. I think Coach Steel is usually in full uniform as well. This "Coach" or "Staff Member" was wearing shorts. My best guess is voluntary assistant Codey McElroy. IF it was him involved he should be unvolunteered.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
        I wonder what @ShockerFever would say if he were here right now...
        Key words would include: *#*@, joke program, Gene Stephenson, embarrassing, Sexton, Fire Butler, and lots more of *#*@
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          That sounds like a pretty good description. Scott Gurss wss the heavy set guy trying to keep it from escalating. It wasn't Coach Walker because he was wearing a full uniform. I think Coach Steel is usually in full uniform as well. This "Coach" or "Staff Member" was wearing shorts. My best guess is voluntary assistant Codey McElroy. IF it was him involved he should be unvolunteered.
          Yes, no doubt his fault. So if it was actually a paid assistant who got leveled by a player should he be fired? I'm pretty sure none of us have a real idea of what transpired at this point, but I find your conclusion to be an interesting one.

Comment

Maybe the assistant suggested something about giving a damn and winning. I could see how that might not go over well with anyone else in this group.

Most passionate thing that has happened related to this program in 4 years. Sad.

The fact that there are guys just sitting around like this while this is going down is telling as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
              Yes, no doubt his fault. So if it was actually a paid assistant who got leveled by a player should he be fired? I'm pretty sure none of us have a real idea of what transpired at this point, but I find your conclusion to be an interesting one.
              The coach, whoever it was, should not have pushed Greyson Jenista which was what precipitated Dugas knocking the Coach down. Doesn't really matter if the Coach was paid or not. Of course, Dugas was probably out of line as well. Not sure what Jenista's transgressions might have been, if any, that would justify the Coach getting physical with him. Jenista did not seem like he was interested in engaging the staff person.

I was just pointing out it may well have been Volunteer Assistant Codey McElroy because that is his official title. I didn't say anything about him being fired because he was a volunteer coach or that it should be handled differently if he was a paid assistant. But to clarify again it shouldn't matter. Just ask Woody Hayes.

Also I agree with you that we really don't know all the details because there was apparently some stuff going on during the Shockers final at bat that was being described by the Bradley announcers but AFAIK wasn't caught on video.

I'm sure the HCTB will deal with it behind the scenes and there may or may not be any further public statements made about it. I guess it just depends on exactly what went down.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                Maybe the assistant suggested something about giving a damn and winning. I could see how that might not go over well with anyone else in this group.

Most passionate thing that has happened related to this program in 4 years. Sad.

The fact that there are guys just sitting around like this while this is going
                down is telling as well.
                Looks like Zach Redding. Cody is a lot taller than both Dugas and Jenista

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerVille View Post
                  Looks like Zach Redding. Cody is a lot taller than both Dugas and Jenista
                  What is Zach's role? Grad Assistant or Grad Manager? He isn't listed on the Shocker roster. I see that Codey is 6-6. However, Jenista is 6-4 and Dugas is 6-3 so not sure he is a lot taller but he is a couple of inches taller.

Comment

Who cares?

Comment

Zach Reding has been disassociated with the Wichita State baseball program following dugout altercation. There will be no further comment from Wichita State on the incident.

Last edited by Shocker-maniac; April 15, 2017, 07:06 AM.
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                        Zach Reding has been disassociated with the Wichita State baseball program following dugout altercation. There will be no further comment from Wichita State on the incident.

https://twitter.com/KWCHArielle/stat...13270563196928
                        Wichita Eagle report on the incident

A couple of interesting points (maybe). The announcement that Zach Redding had been "disassociated" from the team came from ADDB and not HCTB and it came at midnight last night. Not sure what to read into that, if anything, but thought it was a little unusual.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 15, 2017, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Wish they showed as much fight on the field as they do in the dugout. Players might have given up on the coaching staff. They still have a lot to play for and win the last MoVal championship for the Shox.
                          They may come out today and run-rule SIU.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                            They may come out today and run-rule SIU.
                            I will bet you $1 million that won't happen. They might run rule Bradley, but not SIU. :tongue-new:

Seriously though, it would not surprise me if the Shocks came out today with a little fire in the belly. I guess will find out soon enough.

Comment

I will bet you $1 million that won't happen. They might run rule Bradley, but not SIU. :tongue-new:

Seriously though, it would not surprise me if the Shocks came out today with a little fire in the belly. I guess will find out soon enough.

Damn... thanks. all those old Valley teams are looking the same.

Comment

I say we make him head coach. Clearly he is not okay with losing. Kind of nice to see a little fire in the dugout, it's been a while. That's what this program was built on. Hell, when my Granpa got older the main reason he would go to games is to watch BK chew out an umpire and kick dust on him after a bad call.
                                Last edited by Shockerman; April 15, 2017, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X