Shox vs TCU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
    To me it depends on how they do in the MVC this year. I'm no fan of Butler right now but hopefully they can build a little confidence going into Valley play. They have DBU, MSU, and Indy St. all at home. They really need to win at least 13 games in Valley play (assuming they get all 21 games in) before I can even think they are moving in the right direction.
    While I totally agree with this I'm still not sure how much that tells us. I assume 13 wins would put us in 3rd place in the 14th - 16th best conference. Our record would be 26-30 (assuming 4-3 in the remaining non-conference games) and after the MVC tournament probably 27-32 which would be a one game improvement over last year. That would also mean we have to go 18-13 the rest of the way. It's not impossible, but would also require us to have another strong finish like last year.

What would that really tell us? Three years into the new staff we are 64-74 never finishing better than 3rd place in the conference. Other than Schwanke and Biechler, have we seen any growth and improvement of any players on the roster? I see some hope that we could be a better hitting team at times, but it seems to come at the expense of good pitching and defense. Right now we are a .269 hitting team with a 5.91 ERA

If the above holds true, which is pretty much a best case scenario at this time (remember we are halfway through the season and we have 9 wins!!!!), I will be totally at a loss. There doesn't seem to be much point to continuing with the current experiment, but buying out four years of our coaches contracts doesn't seem like a viable solution either.
    Last edited by shockfan89_; April 3, 2016, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
      I'm being told on twitter that the only reason we're 9-18 is because our players lack confidence.
      We are 9-19...

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
        I'm being told on twitter that the only reason we're 9-18 is because our players lack confidence.
        Riiiight....

And whose fault would that be?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This may be the first season since I can remember (roughly 1987 or 1988?) that I may not attend one WSU baseball game.

If WSU doesn't do anything at the end of the year, then it just shows they don't care about the baseball program anymore.

Thanks again Eric Sexton for leaving a nice lasting mark on WSU athletics.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The defense was abysmal.. There was some hardcore heckling after our center fielder gunned the ball to no one. I started staring at the ground, then I hear Mike Kennedy on a radio that someone had behind me saying "This is the WORST defensive performance that the Shockers have delivered in quite sometime."

Maybe it's just best to stay away for awhile?

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
              Other than Schwanke and Biechler, have we seen any growth and improvement of any players on the roster?
              I didn't mean this to be critical of our players. Another way to ask the question, are there any players other than Schwanke that have improved their draft status by coming to WSU?

Comment

The SFA mid-week sweep was fools gold. I should've known better to think we could sneak 1 game by TCU.

Comment

At this point, I just hope the team can hit reset when valley play starts. I don't know what else to think.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    The SFA mid-week sweep was fools gold. I should've known better to think we could sneak 1 game by TCU.
                    If I recall correctly, you were dumb enough to think they could win 2.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I fear the time is near:

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                        I fear the time is near:

You don't have to wear a bag when you just stay home in protest of the coaching incompetence, as the huge majority of the fan base has taken to doing.

Comment

Great point, Sv: save money, save time, and -- for the Environmentalist Wacko community (Earth Day is coming soon, after all) -- save trees. It's a win-win-win!

Now if the Shocker baseball team could just somehow manage to go three days and have a win-win-win.

Comment

At this point, I'm just glad the current coach doesn't have a fluke win over a Top 10 team to hang his hat on.

Comment

Working...
                            X