No announcement yet.

Shox vs TCU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That BS call really took the wind out of the sail.

Comment

Does the caption under the heading of this thread "Wichita State Baseball" say "Discuss nationally respected Shocker Baseball?"

Comment

WSU had the lead off hitter on in 4 innings

3th - lead off hitter on, 0 outs - expected runs = 0.96
        4th - lead off hitter on, 0 outs - expected runs = 0.96
        5th - bases loaded, 0 outs - expected runs = 2.42
        6th - 1st and 2nd, 2 outs - expected runs = 0.42
        9th - lead off runner on - expected runs = 0.96

5.72 expected runs .....actual runs scored 0

Comment

That's really too bad - Schwanke pitched his tail off. Good for him.

Comment

Shocker Hitters

The issue is I see it is that HCTB has built a good base, but 8 of the top 15 hitters are frosh, & 2 are sophs (Troutwine & Vickers). The top 3 hitters are seniorswhich is a good thing, Take a look at the stats on GoShockers.com & you'll see what I mean. There are some pretty good batting averages on the team but there is also a lot of inexperience yet.

Comment

Huge opportunity the next two games. Let's get 1 win at least?
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

WSU is ranked 127th in the NCAA for batting average.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  WSU is ranked 127th in the NCAA for batting average.
                  What is the ranking for pitching?

Comment

Great first inning so far
                    2-0
                    2 on, 2 out.

Comment

Shockers put some pressure on TCU in the 1st inning and this time take advantage of a good start to the inning.

Cody Tyler gets the start and has a solid 1st inning.

Singles by Mucha and Jenista, a wild pitch moving Jenista to 2nd, and sac flies by Tinkham and Troutwine put the Shocks up 2-0. The Shocks followed that with a walk to Bohm and a single by Kirk with both advancing on a wild pitch but Zach Redding struck out to end the inning.

Shocks equal their hit total from last night's game in the 1st inning today.

Comment

Shocks playing aggressively and executing early. In the 2nd Vickers singled to open the inning. Dugas stuck out. Mucha followed with his 2nd hit in 2 innings with a single to right with Vickers taking 3rd. Mucha almost got hung up between 1st ands 2nd but was able to get back to 1st safely. Jenista delivered Vickers with the Shocks 3rd sacrifice fly in 2 innings.

Shocks lead 3-0 after 2.

Comment

I'm tellin ya, this could be a very good offensive team, they just got to get the bat off their shoulders. We are seeing that today. Swing the bat, things happen. Let's hope Tyler can give the Shox 2-3 more solid innings and the offense can keep putting the ball in play.

Call me crazy, but I really think this team is improving. Are they an NCAA Tournament team? Not yet, but with all the underclassmen on the roster, I think they could be back in the tournament in the next couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                            I'm tellin ya, this could be a very good offensive team, they just got to get the bat off their shoulders. We are seeing that today. Swing the bat, things happen. Let's hope Tyler can give the Shox 2-3 more solid innings and the offense can keep putting the ball in play.

Call me crazy, but I really think this team is improving. Are they an NCAA Tournament team? Not yet, but with all the underclassmen on the roster, I think they could be back in the tournament in the next couple years.
                            To me it depends on how they do in the MVC this year. I'm no fan of Butler right now but hopefully they can build a little confidence going into Valley play. They have DBU, MSU, and Indy St. all at home. They really need to win at least 13 games in Valley play (assuming they get all 21 games in) before I can even think they are moving in the right direction.

Comment

Cody runs into a bit of trouble in the 4th when he gave up a double then Greyson Jenista who is very inexperienced in the outfield misplayed a fly ball to right into a double. A wild pitch and a single to center produced 2 runs before Cody would induce a very well-turned 4-6-3 double play.

Shocks 3 - TCU 2.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post

The key as always will be the pitching. Can we develop enough pitching depth to win consistently.

Comment

Working...
                                X