No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This article doesn't leave much room for hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
      Hate to be that guy but... Butler will be back for a 4th season and possibly a 5th if we show any improvement at all.
      Then a 5th year it is. How can we not improve over this season? We barely won 20 freaking games out of 58 this year. Well, I guess I said the same thing last year and yet we found a way to be worse...

Comment

• It's inconceivable that Kemnitz would return at this point -- although we've seen lots of "inconceivable" things during the Butler regime (none of them good that I can think of), so who knows? The only good thing is that Brent's buyout is cheaper than Butler's.

I don't doubt that Kemnitz still knows how to coach, just not for Butler; so maybe he can catch on somewhere else iof he wants or needs to do so. But it makes no sense for him to stay at WSU, and if Butler gets his own guy and WSU still can't pitch, then it's (past?) time for him to move on too.

Hey, Charlie -- if you still stop by to read our board, what the hell happened here? This has been a dumpster fire for a while now.

Comment

• I'm sure we will attract a quality new pitching coach to be a puppet and fall guy for a dumpster fire of a program with a coach on thin ice. At the very least, I'm sure that we can get a pitching coach that is better than one with 20+ years of experience recruiting and coaching big league pitchers to Wichita. Shouldn't be that tough.

That makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...e80211517.html

This article doesn't leave much room for hope.
            That article is about my worst nightmare. The Butler returns and Brent gets thrown under the bus. If this article ends up being the case, then this will be the last season I pay any attention to Shocker baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
              http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...e80211517.html

This article doesn't leave much room for hope.
              F*** the athletic department.

It is now documented that the WSU administration gives absolute zero f***s about baseball. ZERO.

So this is acceptable? Worse and worse finishes every year. A 6th place finish in the Valley. An 0-2 assbeating in the Valley tourney. An embarrassment to once one of the TOP programs in the entire country.

Enjoy your 8 fans at the ballpark and your 20 wins next year, idiots. Nice job Sexton. And nice job WSU for not biting the bullet and compounding this mistake even further. **** all of this.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Brent would have a job immediately either in the state of OK or NE.

Comment

• So, Kemnitz role has diminished in each of the 3 years Butler has been here. The W/L record has diminished each of the 3 years Butler has been here. The ptiching staff has been worse each of the 3 years Butler has been here. Do I see a pattern here?

Looks like we won't have to worry about losing pitchers after their Jr. year any more.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    So, Kemnitz role has diminished in each of the 3 years Butler has been here. The W/L record has diminished each of the 3 years Butler has been here. The ptiching staff has been worse each of the 3 years Butler has been here. Do I see a pattern here?

Looks like we won't have to worry about losing pitchers after their Jr. year any more.
                    Only thing we have to worry about is losing games, and probably a bunch of em.
                    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• One thing I find rather ironic is five years ago we were complaining about offense and saying we need to change hitting coaches. Now we have offense and we are complaining about our pitching and defense.

Regardless of who our coach was, is, or will be, I prefer the quality pitching and scratching out runs here and there, to a contest to see who can score more runs. I go to baseball games to watch baseball games, not see football scores.

Comment

• I have said it before and it bares repeating, "Good fire, bad hire".
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• I assume the bus is back to Wichita now. Awaiting an announcement any time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                            Only thing we have to worry about is losing games, and probably a bunch of em.
                            Butler has evidently taken over scheduling duties from Kemnitz, so I would expect he would do what other MVC teams do - schedule a bunch a crap teams to create the perception of improvement and hope they compete for 2-4 in the MVC and maybe get hot and win the MVC tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              Butler has evidently taken over scheduling duties from Kemnitz, so I would expect he would do what other MVC teams do - schedule a bunch a crap teams to create the perception of improvement and hope they compete for 2-4 in the MVC and maybe get hot and win the MVC tournament.
                              Yup. And also play away games at perceived better programs with no return. Might as well just put a big sign on the stadium "Mid-Major Since 2014"

Comment

• I find it humorous that Butler's mantra since he took the podium was pitching, pitching, pitching.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X