Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
    Which would mean his contract expires at the end of next season correct? One year left on his contact under the previous coach (2014) and then three additional years (2015, 2016, 2017)?
    I could definitely be wrong, but I thought the contract term was extended for 2 additional years at the time of HCTB's hiring (making it a 3 year total term).

As always, I will defer to those with more intimate knowledge.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      I think his contract has the same length as Butler. But maybe I'm misremembering. So there is probably another buyout that factors into the equation.
      PCBK contract was 5 years of HCTB 7 year Deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureShockerDad View Post
        PCBK contract was 5 years of HCTB 7 year Deal.
        ADES must have been auditioning for a role in "Dumb and Dumber Tray.

TB has put the bats in the lineup that can win some games. We know Kemnitz can put a pitching staff together that can win some games. If the 2 of them can figure out how to work with each other, there might be hope. I am not optimistic.

Then there's baseball IQ, which has not been one of the bright spots for the Shox. I hate to pick on Troutwine, but he became the poster child for brain farts. When the catcher fields a bunt and the only clear throw towards 1B is a throw to RF, don't throw the ball.

The baseball IQ thing is on Butler. Then there's another consideration. I don't know how many times I heard announcers mention the Shox fielding % was overstated because the Shox D didn't get close enough to some balls they should have fielded to have an error charged. That will balloon a pitching staff's ERA.

I think Butler gets another 2 years or so. Kemnitz is probably on a shorter leash. His buyout is less and it's his part of the program that's in the tank the worst.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          ADES must have been auditioning for a role in "Dumb and Dumber Tray.

TB has put the bats in the lineup that can win some games. We know Kemnitz can put a pitching staff together that can win some games. If the 2 of them can figure out how to work with each other, there might be hope. I am not optimistic.

Then there's baseball IQ, which has not been one of the bright spots for the Shox. I hate to pick on Troutwine, but he became the poster child for brain farts. When the catcher fields a bunt and the only clear throw towards 1B is a throw to RF, don't throw the ball.

The baseball IQ thing is on Butler. Then there's another consideration. I don't know how many times I heard announcers mention the Shox fielding % was overstated because the Shox D didn't get close enough to some balls they should have fielded to have an error charged. That will balloon a pitching staff's ERA.

I think Butler gets another 2 years or so. Kemnitz is probably on a shorter leash. His buyout is less and it's his part of the program that's in the tank the worst.
          A fair assessment and I concur.
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            ADES must have been auditioning for a role in "Dumb and Dumber Trey.
            I heard he not only got the part but he will be playing both roles.

Comment

• Since this concept is apparently not foreign to him, I'm glad that we're on the same page.

“You have to perform in post-season,” Butler said. “And if you don’t perform, you go home."

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                Since this concept is apparently not foreign to him, I'm glad that we're on the same page.

“You have to perform in post-season,” Butler said. “And if you don’t perform, you go home."

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy
                He must be packed up and ready to head back to Louisiana.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Listening to Kennedy on sports daily today - he is talking about the untapped potential of this team moving forward. There will be no coaching change.

Comment

Listening to Kennedy on sports daily today - he is talking about the untapped potential of this team moving forward. There will be no coaching change.
                    Maybe Kennedy is right. Which would lend itself very well to a new coach that can actually tap some of that potential he thinks exists.

Comment

Maybe Kennedy is right. Which would lend itself very well to a new coach that can actually tap some of that potential he thinks exists.
                      Beat me to it. If there is untapped talent, someone isn't tapping it. We need a coach who can tap that

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                        Beat me to it. If there is untapped talent, someone isn't tapping it. We need a coach who can tap that
                        Standiford over here just like:

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I agree - but it feels like they are more treating as this is butler first real recruiting class. According to sports daily and Kennedy the future bright as this freshman class matures and Butler has great talent coming in next year. It seems the admin has sent the meSsage of "Don't worry, be happy - they will be better next year" as the spin.

Comment

• He had great talent coming in last year and they sucked.

Some of the hitters are encouraging.

What pitcher has he recruited that is good? In 3 years. Is that magically going to change and we are going to have 4 awesome freshmen starters next year?

Comment

I agree - but it feels like they are more treating as this is butler first real recruiting class. According to sports daily and Kennedy the future bright as this freshman class matures and Butler has great talent coming in next year. It seems the admin has sent the meSsage of "Don't worry, be happy - they will be better next year" as the spin.
                              Better than the #2 recruiting class in the country from two years ago? Wouldn't that be the talent that is on the field now or what happened with that group?

Comment

• I guess the goal now is to finish above .500 once every four years and finish above fourth in the MVC once every four years. Sounds more like 'We don't have the money to buy out another contract so let's put a positive spin on this and hope next year is better."

Comment

Working...
                                X