No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s taken something like five years to raise the $2M for the final Eck phase. Two million is a ton of money to most of us, but in college fundraising it’s a Happy Meal.

That should tell you all you need to know. It is a bellwether for the baseball boosters’ feelings towards the Butler era.

Comment

• It's time for Mini-BTM to go. We are a proud program. Mini's a likable guy but his decision-making skills have been tested and found wanting. We've got to get back to playing sound, fundamental baseball. The Shocker Freebie Era must come to an end; it's maddening.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• If we make a regional I’m willing to take a step back and evaluate Todd Butler. If we don’t make a regional it’s an easy decision and should be done the day the season is over.

Comment

• Tic Toc...

Comment

• 5-11 in conference, 8th place, in year FIVE, with his "best" team.

Spin that.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• shoxtop
            shoxtop commented
            Editing a comment
            No spin. It’s time. But you didn’t need to cheer it on along the way....

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
          My spin:

FHCGS should be celebrating his 12th season of mediocrity at OU.

July 11, 2005: fHCGS agreed to become the head coach at Oklahoma.

From that date our program had been on a downhill trend. No spin, fact. His leaving was the nail in our program. It will take a decade to get out from underneath it.

Add into it the violations under his watch, and you have the true failure of WSU Baseball. The resulting investigation showed the issues with our success: our coaches indifference to the program and the feeling that things would continue on the same level as they had been due to reputation. But, they failed to put in the effort requested of the players they recruited.

From the NCAA investigation that led to forfeiting our 2013 season:

“He was at (Wichita State) for a very long period of time, had a highly compliant program during that period, never had a major violation,” said Eleanor W. Myers, the chief hearing officer for the NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions. “This occurrence … was something that went on over a period of time when he was not in the office as much as he once was.”

Call it what you will, we are 21 years removed from relevancy due to the coaching staff's lack of effort recruiting and developing our players. It does take longer in Baseball to resurrect a program in 2017 than 1978.

All that said, if we don't finish in the top 1/3 of the AAC, it will be time for a change. But understand that is another 6 years of mediocrity at best. If you want to see this program relevant again, buy tickets, show up, be the fams we claim to be, not the fans that lead to the mediocirty of 70% of programs in D1.
          Since there will be questions, and we are basically at the point we must win every game going forward, I want to make sure since I “hail” from the state of Kansas, that my opinion is reflected accurately.

I also want to make sure it is known that I still support each and every young man that has put on a Shocker jersey this season. Once a Shocker, always a Shocker.

Comment

• The title of this thread...please.

Not an acceptable level, imo. Time for someone new.

Comment

• In the words of Rafiki...

Comment

• In the words of many...
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• It's time to petition for baseball nit so we can have our postseason moments in this new era

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    It's time to petition for baseball nit so we can have our postseason moments in this new era
                    The Shockers have done their part for the AAC. Provided solid RPI games to elevate the top.

AAC flirting with the #2 and #3 RPI spots.

Comment

• Nearly every major Shocker program in their inaugural AAC season exceeded expectations: volleyball, women's basketball, softball, others. But here's baseball again, a flagship program dragging ass and shitting the bed. If changes aren't made at the conclusion of the season a charge of malfeasance would not be an overreaction IMO.

Butler is a nice guy, but either he is terminally incompetent in several key areas of leadership or the team he has assembled is. Either way, plenty of time has been give to prove potential.

Anybody think Boatright maintains a dossier listing the first names he calls in the event of a change?

God, I wish Jim Schaus were still here.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                        My spin:

FHCGS should be celebrating his 12th season of mediocrity at OU.

July 11, 2005: fHCGS agreed to become the head coach at Oklahoma.

From that date our program had been on a downhill trend. No spin, fact. His leaving was the nail in our program. It will take a decade to get out from underneath it.

Add into it the violations under his watch, and you have the true failure of WSU Baseball. The resulting investigation showed the issues with our success: our coaches indifference to the program and the feeling that things would continue on the same level as they had been due to reputation. But, they failed to put in the effort requested of the players they recruited.

From the NCAA investigation that led to forfeiting our 2013 season:

“He was at (Wichita State) for a very long period of time, had a highly compliant program during that period, never had a major violation,” said Eleanor W. Myers, the chief hearing officer for the NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions. “This occurrence … was something that went on over a period of time when he was not in the office as much as he once was.”

Call it what you will, we are 21 years removed from relevancy due to the coaching staff's lack of effort recruiting and developing our players. It does take longer in Baseball to resurrect a program in 2017 than 1978.

All that said, if we don't finish in the top 1/3 of the AAC, it will be time for a change. But understand that is another 6 years of mediocrity at best. If you want to see this program relevant again, buy tickets, show up, be the fams we claim to be, not the fans that lead to the mediocirty of 70% of programs in D1.
                        I don't buy this. A solid coach can get us back to the tournament in three. Had GS stayed in OU I have to think we would have hired Sunny Golloway. Shocker baseball over the last decade would have looked mighty different I imagine.

But if Shocker fans take an honest assessment of their feelings back when Gene flirted with OU, you'll admit you were scared shitless.

Turns out Gene came back and we suffered the exact same future we were afraid would occur had he left. Hindsight is 20/20 and it's clear to us now that Gene should have stayed gone... unless after joining OU he racked up back-to-back national championships. Flying around in time machines is tricky business...

T

Comment

• Two or three solid pitchers and you can get back pretty quick

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
                            UCONN_Husky commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Exactly. A few quality pitchers gets you series wins and a post-season bid.

• shockfan89_
                            shockfan89_ commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Too bad we have spent the last five seasons on big physical hitters and guys that just throw hard...

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          Two or three solid pitchers and you can get back pretty quick
                          Good fielding, base running, and overall baseball IQ helps as well.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                          X