Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    All you know that Steele is on a year to year. We don't know about Walker contract, I would expect it is long term. It been kind of forgotten but WSU is also paying out Kemnitz contract (he had a long term contract).

They say it was not about the money, but it is about the money - we all know it is. If they big boosters wanted change, then there would be change. It is about risk and rate of return. Let's assume they hire Hooper (my gut is DB won't hire Hooper or Standiford due to bad blood) and he makes all the right decisions and everything breaks his way - what is there return on attendance - maybe they get a 2,000 increase. That is $600,000 max. It very likely they will have to hire even a bigger risk than HCTB because who is really going to want to come to WSU and take this program over? Not anybody proven.
    Walker's contract just took care of itself. Might as well make the move now and get Hooper or Standiford on board for next year. I imagine your gut is correct about ADDB not wanting either of them. I can still dream, can't I?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
      Walker's contract just took care of itself. Might as well make the move now and get Hooper or Standiford on board for next year. I imagine your gut is correct about ADDB not wanting either of them. I can still dream, can't I?
      I don't want to poison the water hole by making one of those guys an assistant on a sunken ship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        I don't want to poison the water hole by making one of those guys an assistant on a sunken ship.
        I meant it was time to fire HCTB and make the change. I agree with you about not making one of them an assistant.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          I started to do a search for AAC baseball coaches salaries and ran into from last year and stopped.

Todd Butler will be [at the very least one] the highest paid baseball coaches in the AAC as of July 1.
          Man this is unbelievable. I can't believe that the WSU Athletic Dept. now believes that 5th place in the MVC is acceptable. I am afraid there won't be any baseball program left by the time Butler finishes his contract.

Comment

• You all do realize that a "national search" for an assistant coach is unheard of....right?

Comment

• And you hopefully also realize that with a track record, however much everyone here thinks they know about the justification of firing a legend is not a hot potato....it is an inferno potato around the nation.

Comment

• Same justification, I suppose, that no formal honors can somehow be justified. Shameful. Would any of you want to move your life for such an opportunity? My answer is simple: absolutely not.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  Man this is unbelievable. I can't believe that the WSU Athletic Dept. now believes that 5th place in the MVC is acceptable. I am afraid there won't be any baseball program left by the time Butler finishes his contract.
                  Yes, and AAC is stronger, much, much stronger.

Comment

• Anybody else catch this? Read between the lines, and a whole lotta $$ going out the door this year (plus the move to AAC) may have prevented an early exit for the baseball coach.

Comment

• I wondered what kind of settlement Jody Adams received. $250,000 doesn't surprise me a bit. Not sure that any of the others directly involved the athletic department although I wonder it the associate VP and Dean of Student Life who received $224,000 may have been related to Eric Sexton's re-assignment.

Comment

• Originally posted by J2210P View Post
                        And you hopefully also realize that with a track record, however much everyone here thinks they know about the justification of firing a legend is not a hot potato....it is an inferno potato around the nation.
                        Unfortunately, sheep and group-thinkers only follow, which is what happened. No amount of trying to beat sense into their heads would work. Now all they do is spin their justification. Shameful!
                        Reverse the Curse. Hire part of "the family" as HC and name the baseball complex after GS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                          Unfortunately, sheep and group-thinkers only follow, which is what happened. No amount of trying to beat sense into their heads would work. Now all they do is spin their justification. Shameful!
                          Reverse the Curse. Hire part of "the family" as HC and name the baseball complex after GS!
                          I agree with you on this if you mean Hooper or Standiford, as do most of the regular posters here. Hope that's not "group think"!

I find it interesting that certain people, when in the minority of an issue, accuse the majority of group think. However, when those same people are in the majority, it is because they thought it out themselves.

Comment

• I like HCTB the guy. Great dude. Hopefully they'll have a break out year in the American
                            "You need to be standing on his toes when he's catching the ball. He's that good."- Gregg Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Brother Dan View Post
                              I like HCTB the guy. Great dude. Hopefully they'll have a break out year in the American
                              Let's hope so. He does seem like "a great dude" that simply isn't a good head coach. The Shocker baseball program deserves a winner. Former players, coaches, and fans deserve a winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Brother Dan View Post
                                I like HCTB the guy. Great dude. Hopefully they'll have a break out year in the American
                                That will be very tough and, from my perspective, very unexpected. But if he can some how pull it off more power to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X