No announcement yet.

2015 MLB Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now, well into the 13th round, the enticement to sign is getting less and less. I don't know the "money slot" of these later rounds, but I looked at last year signings. The 10th round slot was $137,600 to $142,100. Only 6 signed for 6 figures (some above, some below slot) and another 6 got a minimum of $25,000 to $90,000.

Comment

William Headean, a LHP, from Illinois State taken at 13/387 by San Diego.

DBU Catcher Daniel Salters taken at 13/394 by Cleveland.

DBU Sr. 2B Drew Turbin taken at 14/433 by the Orioles.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 10, 2015, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Hilliard #437 of 15th round.

Comment

Hopefully he doesn't sign...hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Now, well into the 13th round, the enticement to sign is getting less and less. I don't know the "money slot" of these later rounds, but I looked at last year signings. The 10th round slot was $137,600 to $142,100. Only 6 signed for 6 figures (some above, some below slot) and another 6 got a minimum of $25,000 to $90,000.
            I found an article from Forbes that discussed how college seniors have no leverage and therefore get low signing bonuses. I found this tidbit that is interesting that might answer your question about slot money for later rounds.

"Signing bonuses are capped at $100,000 per player from rounds 11-40 of the MLB Draft."
            78-65

Comment

Bradley RHP Elliott Ashbeck taken at 16/477 by the Padres

Bradley 2B Chris Godinez taken at 18/552 by the Dodgers
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 10, 2015, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Kihle 18 530 twins

Comment

One of Mark Standiford's boys, RHP Dustin Hurlbutt, taken at 16/488 by Oakland.

Comment

If Hilliard, Tinkham and Dugas all make it to campus, you could have the core to a pretty solid lineup offensively.

Still not sure where the pitching is going to come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      If Hilliard, Tinkham and Dugas all make it to campus, you could have the core to a pretty solid lineup offensively.

Right now looking like Tewes, Schwanke, Anderson and Williams as the starting rotation assuming all are healthy. If John Hayes comes back we have our closer. Filling in the middle will be the issue.

Comment

Tewes, Schwanke, Williams, Hilliard?

EDIT: '72 beat me to it, and rightfully included Anderson.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Right now looking like Tewes, Schwanke, Anderson and Williams as the starting rotation assuming all are healthy. If John Hayes comes back we have our closer. Filling in the middle will be the issue.
                          I know we would have been better this year had a couple of those guys not gone down, but that's still a decidedly 'meh' starting rotation, at least to me, based on what I have seen the past couple of years. However, improvements are always possible, and 'meh' would still be a pretty big step up from last season.

Comment

Halfway home. I expect Kihle will sign. I am not sure about Hilliard. May depend on how he plays in the Cape over the next month.

Comment

Going about as well as we could hope so far from a retention standpoint.

Comment

I know we would have been better this year had a couple of those guys not gone down, but that's still a decidedly 'meh' starting rotation, at least to me, based on what I have seen the past couple of years. However, improvements are always possible, and 'meh' would still be a pretty big step up from last season.
                                Anderson and Williams were pretty solid over the final month of the season and Tewes and Schwanke can be sub-3 ERA pitchers. John Hayes was generally pretty solid. No Mike Pelfrey's or Darren Dreifort's in there but I think they will be serviceable if healthy.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 10, 2015, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X